The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, an86 said:

It’s actually impressive that we don’t have a single seat nailed down after two years. Doubt many other clubs could have managed it. 

Wasn't it Ann Budge's brother that forgot to order seats for the new stand at Tynecastle?

15 hours ago, an86 said:

Think we’ve gone with Stenny over Cumbernauld because of the new hybrid pitch. Someone more in tune with the criteria might be able to shed light on this, but would it being the same type of surface possibly facilitate a quicker move back to Lesser? I know we had to play each side an equal number of times on each surface when we did half a season at Airdrie and half at Hampden in 14/15.

Stenny is an artificial surface too, brand new apparently but not hybrid. So we’ll have the same issue as the season at Airdrie. I thought the Motherwell/Hampden route would have worked as they are both hybrid  so moving to Lesser would haven’t been disadvantageous to any other team as it was at Airdrie when we switched from 4G back to grass. Might also be causing some tension in the boardroom as the laying of the pitch at Lesser was timed for July. So that’s a big wad shelled out and now needing maintained with no revenue coming in at least until  Xmas.

From the whispers I heard Dempster was confident of the ‘Well situation, for the League Cup games, due to her history there. You’ll recall she was also bouyant at the last meeting about the “recovered relationship” with the SFA which she was intimating was down to her. Seems like she’s not as loved as she thought. Maybe the SFA and Motherwell are more professional than QP and Thistle and demanded some kind of formal agreement with scary details like commitment, dates, penalty clauses etc. kind of stuff that gives our committee the heeby-jeebys.

16 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Or pitch should have been better even with two clubs playing on it. It reminded me of the days when Glasgow Warriors played on it. 

Broadwood and Airdrie would have been closer than Ochilview.

Our inept board could easily have managed to make an arse of it.

And Broadwood I assume is free as Clyde have been booted out. Unless NLC have other plans for it for a Saturday afternoon.

37 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Stenny is an artificial surface too, brand new apparently but not hybrid. So we’ll have the same issue as the season at Airdrie. I thought the Motherwell/Hampden route would have worked as they are both hybrid  so moving to Lesser would haven’t been disadvantageous to any other team as it was at Airdrie when we switched from 4G back to grass. Might also be causing some tension in the boardroom as the laying of the pitch at Lesser was timed for July. So that’s a big wad shelled out and now needing maintained with no revenue coming in at least until  Xmas.

From the whispers I heard Dempster was confident of the ‘Well situation, for the League Cup games, due to her history there. You’ll recall she was also bouyant at the last meeting about the “recovered relationship” with the SFA which she was intimating was down to her. Seems like she’s not as loved as she thought. Maybe the SFA and Motherwell are more professional than QP and Thistle and demanded some kind of formal agreement with scary details like commitment, dates, penalty clauses etc. kind of stuff that gives our committee the heeby-jeebys.

Ah, my mistake. Thought I’d read Stenny was a hybrid. The person I spoke to about the Motherwell thing suggested that they had the most protective groundsman on the planet and that he’d chase his own granny off the pitch. Now, they wouldn’t have had a final say, but any sensible club would certainly be asking an expert for input on such an important decision.

What I think has probably happened is that we’ve kept Hamilton in the top pocket as a backup and then Goodwillie has happened, changing everything on that front. One contingency plan is never enough, though. We’re learning that to our cost and massive inconvenience.

45 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

And Broadwood I assume is free as Clyde have been booted out. Unless NLC have other plans for it for a Saturday afternoon.

IIRC Cumbernauld Colts play at Broadwood. It's possible that NLC may change its mind about evicting the Bully Wee. 

I don't think the equal numbers on a surface rule is a thing any more... we should be able to get back in whenever it's ready. Whenever the fk that will actually be. 

Can't imagine there'll be much happening this week, or any of the other weeks where there's tens of thousands of other punters rocking up at Hampden. Another wasted opportunity unfortunately. 

Still no word on busses? 

5 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

I don't think the equal numbers on a surface rule is a thing any more... we should be able to get back in whenever it's ready. Whenever the fk that will actually be. 

Can't imagine there'll be much happening this week, or any of the other weeks where there's tens of thousands of other punters rocking up at Hampden. Another wasted opportunity unfortunately. 

Still no word on busses? 

Surely the QPSA should be taking the lead on the bus story? And what about car drivers? Not everyone lives near Hampden.

Club’s sent a plea from Owen Coyle that we all need to stick together and buy season tickets. Why is it I always get a feeling this loyalty thing only works one way. Would be better for all fans if season/member tickets were free until returning to Lesser. Maybe focus their efforts a bit.

Makes for good reading “we may face a few more months before the stadium is ready” have they managed to keep him away from Lesser Hampden since he took the job on?
Maybe when he mentions he wants to keep building he’s talking about the stadium itself!
Who holds the people at the club accountable for this sort of misleading chat? If they’re in lesser before Christmas it’ll be nothing short of a miracle. So why not just speak plainly and be honest with fans.

2 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

Who holds the people at the club accountable for this sort of misleading chat? If they’re in lesser before Christmas it’ll be nothing short of a miracle. So why not just speak plainly and be honest with fans.

Remember our CEO was saying last August that Lesser could be ready by January 22, in March she said we should be in by August. She doesn't do her credibility any good by making nonsense statements like these. 

Remember our CEO was saying last August that Lesser could be ready by January 22, in March she said we should be in by August. She doesn't do her credibility any good by making nonsense statements like these. 

It’s crazy when they say that it may be a few more months like it’s ever been on track or given a proper time frame! They do realise that when you walk past/around we can all see inside and see the lack of progress.

It’s frustrating as a local who sees potential in the club and it’s ability to perhaps generate greater levels of support in the area, they’re doing a great job at killing any momentum back to back promotions should have given them. Or excitement generated by going profession and being a full time side.

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

Would you take Luca back?

Screenshot_20220603-154254.jpg

Quality not in question. I remain to be convinced over his attitude, though. Certainly scope for development and a decent career if he gets the head down. Often looks to do the flash and complicated when the simple will suffice.

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

He’s been one of our best but some have measured him below par on the basis of what he earns. On his day he’s a game changer but he’ll have to take a big drop to play in the Championship. Not surprised Celtic dropped him, not Prem level.

Clearly very talented, has good touches and played between the lines nicely against us. Agreed about the wages. Was it rumoured Celtic were paying him £5k a week?

1 minute ago, an86 said:

Quality not in question. I remain to be convinced over his attitude, though. Certainly scope for development and a decent career if he gets the head down. Often looks to do the flash and complicated when the simple will suffice.

Youth of play. Sometimes just need to play the simple ball. Not many clubs in the Championship I see him signing for to be honest. 

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Would you take Luca back? Interesting to see if he stays in Scotland or heads South

Yeah, I'd take him back but I guess he would need to take a pay cut so I guess it comes down to whether someone else is prepared to pay more than us.

He's only just turned 21 so there is plenty room for improvement.

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Youth of play. Sometimes just need to play the simple ball. Not many clubs in the Championship I see him signing for to be honest. 

I think he’ll go down to England. If he backs himself ability wise, which I think he does, he’ll see League One or League Two in England as a better path to the English Championship. 

2 minutes ago, an86 said:

I think he’ll go down to England. If he backs himself ability wise, which I think he does, he’ll see League One or League Two in England as a better path to the English Championship. 

I would agree although slim chance Haughey might pull out the cash! Quite a few players to come in for the Spiders so probably don't want to be over zealous on one particular player. Queen's should have a good pick of players given FT, geographical location, the facilities etc. 

Should be some few weeks before the league cup in regards to the pen coming out

21 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I would agree although slim chance Haughey might pull out the cash! Quite a few players to come in for the Spiders so probably don't want to be over zealous on one particular player. Queen's should have a good pick of players given FT, geographical location, the facilities etc. 

Should be some few weeks before the league cup in regards to the pen coming out

I think he’s got potential, but if we’re pushing the boat out for anyone, it should be for a goalscorer. 

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Would you take Luca back? Interesting to see if he stays in Scotland or heads South

I'd take him back but we've got to watch we're not paying over the odds for him. A good player and could have an excellent future if he  puts his mind to it.