The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

The away days are going to be outrageous. Even the weakest ones would qualify as “awrite” in most other seasons. It’s a shame out stadium is taking longer to complete than La Sagrada Familia, but we are where we are.

Still all feels a bit alternate reality, like when Football Manager goes a bit mental a few seasons in, but in a good way. I’m hopeful that we can make a decent fist of this.

6 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Awesome! In with the big boys. Is there a dress code?

When visiting Firhill it is top, hat and tails and a monocle. Entry by a bottle of Pimms.

Edited by Highlandmagyar Tier 3

4 minutes ago, Gall09 said:

We finished 21 points behind Airdrie then beat them to earn the right to post in this section of the forum.

I love fitba. 

Don't forget we also played them 8 times last season between the league, cups, and playoffs, and didn't beat them once in 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

The away days are going to be outrageous. Even the weakest ones would qualify as “awrite” in most other seasons. It’s a shame out stadium is taking longer to complete than La Sagrada Familia, but we are where we are.

Still all feels a bit alternate reality, like when Football Manager goes a bit mental a few seasons in, but in a good way. I’m hopeful that we can make a decent fist of this.

Nothing better than an away day where you win and can get it right up 5/6k ppl in the home end 

Will really miss Rugby Park and East End but Dundee / the Hilltoon will soften the blow a wee bit but Stenny (no offence) and Cove look shite 

Also you’ll be completely fine. Imagine Dundee will be best side, Thistle and Raith / Inverness maybe be a bit better too but the other 6/7 including yourselves could finish anywhere between 4th and 10th I think 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Is that where QP are playing their 'home' games next season? 

Not sure if it’s for the whole season or just for the first couple months until Lesser Hampden is compete but yeah.

4 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Ochilview is the nearest ground to me so I'll be popping along to watch Imrie's Invincibles squash the Spiders twice.

Same. Except for watching Imrie's lot, I'll be watching the Super.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nothing better than an away day where you win and can get it right up 5/6k ppl in the home end 

Will really miss Rugby Park and East End but Dundee / the Hilltoon will soften the blow a wee bit but Stenny (no offence) and Cove look shite 

Also you’ll be completely fine. Imagine Dundee will be best side, Thistle and Raith / Inverness maybe be a bit better too but the other 6/7 including yourselves could finish anywhere between 4th and 10th I think 

You writing Dick’s Arbroath off from another promotion battle? Pars and Killie a loss for the food alone. 

Are Syngenta not playing at Stenhousemuir too? 

Edited by San Starko Rover

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

You writing Dick’s Arbroath off from another promotion battle? Pars and Killie a loss for the food alone. 

Are Syngenta not playing at Stenhousemuir too? 

Aye think that was a one off. Will see how recruitment goes first 

Killie pie and DJ tremendous 

East End just a great ground and good on train 

Are Queens Park going back to Glasgow this season? Was looking forward to visiting Lesser Hampden.  Anyway welcome to the division. Some decent away days in the league, I recommend Arbroath it’s probably Rovers fans favourite away day. Interesting to see how QP get on next year promotion was probably unexpected but you’ve got some cash from selling Hampden, are you going FT? 

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Are Queens Park going back to Glasgow this season? Was looking forward to visiting Lesser Hampden.  Anyway welcome to the division. Some decent away days in the league, I recommend Arbroath it’s probably Rovers fans favourite away day. Interesting to see how QP get on next year promotion was probably unexpected but you’ve got some cash from selling Hampden, are you going FT? 

Already are full time