There was a coo

It was a vital win, but can't disagree. The Uni team looked the far better of the two, slick and quick passing and movement. If they were better in front of goal they would have won comfortably. We on the other hand looked like headless chickens. Said it before, we should have been looking to sign more players from teams at his level, maybe we did and just couldn't get them.
The Uni number 11 strolled past Thomson every time. Thomson and Struthers were dreadful last night, but you have to cut them some slack, as one is 17 and the other not long turned 18. Newman and Berry still look poor and struggle. Berry puts himself about, but mostly loses the ball or fouls. Bizarrely he got MOTM. Still not sure about Sinclair. I have not seen every game, but I have seen most of them and he never looks like he will score. He had the ball in a few promising positions last night in one of the easiest games we will have this season and he kept losing the ball. Hopefully he will improve.
Slaven looks promising. Ruddy looks good. Martins needs to be back in the starting eleven and Robinson, although he overhits some passes, will get better each game. He looks like a player that was short on confidence and that confidence is coming back. I don't mind mistakes being made if we learn from it.
Still not sure what the tactics are though. We play it out from the keeper and if we don't lose the ball, which we often do, we then pass it sideways a few times and then just hoof it to the opposition, even though there is often plenty of space to travel forward with the ball. We struggle to string together a few passes.
Hopefully the win will give some of the players the boost they need and we can up our game and beat Gretna on Saturday, but it won't be easy. I am dreading the game against EK in October. If we play like last night it will be a cricket score.

Keep that post, it’ll save you writing it again. After the excitement last night it looks like not much has changed.
A team that has been getting hammered looking better than Cowden?

Some of the comments make me think that we had only 3 efforts on goal, each goal was a fluke, and we should have got a hiding.

I agree that Uni were sharper for the first 25 minutes or so, and they had some nice passing movements, but I thought after that we settled down and created as many chances as they did overall, don’t suppose any stats are kept to back this up.

There is a lot to improve on, some of the passing was pretty woeful, but we are at least trying to build some attacks, not just launching the ball, which doesn’t really work.

Our goals against now is pretty solid, way better than a number of teams higher up in the table, I don’t feel like many team are going to hammer us, at least a sold foundation there.

Some of the comments make me think that we had only 3 efforts on goal, each goal was a fluke, and we should have got a hiding.
I agree that Uni were sharper for the first 25 minutes or so, and they had some nice passing movements, but I thought after that we settled down and created as many chances as they did overall, don’t suppose any stats are kept to back this up.
There is a lot to improve on, some of the passing was pretty woeful, but we are at least trying to build some attacks, not just launching the ball, which doesn’t really work.
Our goals against now is pretty solid, way better than a number of teams higher up in the table, I don’t feel like many team are going to hammer us, at least a sold foundation there.

Even having “as many chances as they did” is scary

Noticed that Martin Rennie has been recalled by Montrose from Berwick loan as they have a ton of injuries.

There was some chat I think that we had been in for him as well, that would have been a right pisser if we had got him, then had to let him go back so quickly. 🤨

17 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Do Cowdenbeath still do highlights?  I'd like to see the second goal again.

Yes they do, usually released a couple of days after.

It was bizarre wasn’t it. Quite a strong shot, which the goalie appeared to have held no bother, then it all went wrong…

Did I hear correctly in Ross's interview with the paper that he was thinking of maybe moving some players out ? Does anyone know if some of them are on game to game contracts or 3  month or short contracts ?

Edited by ronaldincoo

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

It was a well deserved win and plain daft to suggest the Uni were the better team.  

1 hour ago, ronaldincoo said:

Did I hear correctly in Ross's interview with the paper that he was thinking of maybe moving some players out ? Does anyone know if some of them are on game to game contracts or 3  month or short contracts ?

Yes he did say in the central fife times he was hoping to move a few on, its quite obvious who a few are as having been in the squad for weeks and I know its not down to injuries. Contract part i’m not sure if they’re signed for the year then no chance they’ll go without some sort of pay out.

Special shoutout the the lovely family running the club shop aswell never seen it so busy before even a quiet cold Tuesday it was pretty busy. Plenty new interesting stock, well advertised on social media. Treated myself to a nice blue sweatshirt last night. Long may it continue can only be good for the club.

26 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Special shoutout the the lovely family running the club shop aswell never seen it so busy before even a quiet cold Tuesday it was pretty busy. Plenty new interesting stock, well advertised on social media. Treated myself to a nice blue sweatshirt last night. Long may it continue can only be good for the club.

They are trying to make a real go of it, despite the obstacles. 

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Thanks for the lovely comment. The fans have really supported the shop which has allowed us to continue offering some new stock. Lucie Sue Coffee and Gifts Boutique on the High Street will have the stock available very soon also.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Yes, the shop stock is looking great, nice to speak to @silkybeath last night, kindly arranged to order a T-shirt size for my daughter that wasn’t in stock, and getting it sent to the house.