There was a coo

25 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I didn’t go over today, I find all these cup competitions bewilderingly over the top, especially now the LL programme is so full, doesn’t sound like things were any better.

Cowden Twitter said attendance was 114.

Apart from todays game we would have played all the other cup games if we had still been an SPFL side.

44 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I didn’t go over today, I find all these cup competitions bewilderingly over the top, especially now the LL programme is so full, doesn’t sound like things were any better.

Cowden Twitter said attendance was 114.

Do any of you guys know how Berwick got on in the cup today.... :whistle

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Do any of you guys know how Berwick got on in the cup today.... :whistle

Ha ha, I hadn’t seen that until you mentioned it. Maybe Berwick-the-clearly-quite-beatable can come on to give us a report.

And at the same time Vomit 90 could let us know how good the now bottom of the table Stenhousemuir are doing.

10 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Thank Christ for that, I thought there was another one as well, must have been looking at the development teams I think.

There is the Lowland League Cup at the end of the season and of course the Scottish Cup.

20 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

15 games without a win now. Maurice has to go.

No signs of improvement and the multiple subs at half time in the last two games show he got the line up wrong to start the games.

It's not working.

Depending on the structure of his contract, could the club even afford to get rid of him, and employ someone else plus at least one assistant?

Noticed that Daniel Martins came on, how did he look after being out a while?

4 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Depending on the structure of his contract, could the club even afford to get rid of him, and employ someone else plus at least one assistant?

Noticed that Daniel Martins came on, how did he look after being out a while?

Can the club afford not to get rid of him?

Martins looked well off the pace when he came on.

2 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Can the club afford not to get rid of him?

Martins looked well off the pace when he came on.

I get what you are saying but would there be any point paying £x to pay off the manager, if the man coming in had similar to work with player wise? Would seem unlikely that anyone else would have access to players who want to come here on a shoestring budget (if there is even scope to add anymore contracts to the payroll).

I get what you are saying but would there be any point paying £x to pay off the manager, if the man coming in had similar to work with player wise? Would seem unlikely that anyone else would have access to players who want to come here on a shoestring budget (if there is even scope to add anymore contracts to the payroll).

Aye, we have been shafted.

The last 2 home games have been dreadful. Not one positive from today's game. Poor decision after poor decision, basics not done. 

We are struggling big time.  We need experienced players fast to get us out of the shite. Those young lads are being flung to the wolves every game we play. 

Honestly htf is signing another 18 year old defender helping us ? Ross bewilders me. 

A combination of the shit fixture schedule in this league, the standard of some of the teams and the strong possibility of not winning a game this season is seriously putting me off keeping going.

It’s not like silky football is running rings round us, a fair bit of the last few weeks has been dogshit vs dogshit.

And we seem to be doing a moonwalk, going backwards by the week.

6 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

A combination of the shit fixture schedule in this league, the standard of some of the teams and the strong possibility of not winning a game this season is seriously putting me off keeping going.

It’s not like silky football is running rings round us, a fair bit of the last few weeks has been dogshit vs dogshit.

And we seem to be doing a moonwalk, going backwards by the week.

The next two home games are Edinburgh Uni and Gretna will give us some idea if getting away from the depths is a possibility or a mere pipe dream.

8 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

The next two home games are Edinburgh Uni and Gretna will give us some idea if getting away from the depths is a possibility or a mere pipe dream.

Gretna will be a tough one they have improved since last season.

The boy Russell Currie who they signed from Dalbeattie has scored 5 goals already.

By default the Uni are a young side given what they represent so maybe a more level footing - two young teams playing each other.

The boy David Maskrey, son of Steve has scored a good few for them so far.

Given we got a crowd of 114 today can see it being a poor one against the Uni not a very appealing fixture on a Tuesday night.

Ha ha, I hadn’t seen that until you mentioned it. Maybe Berwick-the-clearly-quite-beatable can come on to give us a report.
And at the same time Vomit 90 could let us know how good the now bottom of the table Stenhousemuir are doing.
I don't have the desire to poke yous anymore, yous are genuinely that bad there no fun in it.

But aye we are sh*te, although I imagine you would be happy to be as sh*te as us the now. Beggars belief Ross was kept on & is STILL being allowed to continue.

27 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Gretna will be a tough one they have improved since last season.

The boy Russell Currie who they signed from Dalbeattie has scored 5 goals already.

By default the Uni are a young side given what they represent so maybe a more level footing - two young teams playing each other.

The boy David Maskrey, son of Steve has scored a good few for them so far.

Given we got a crowd of 114 today can see it being a poor one against the Uni not a very appealing fixture on a Tuesday night.

One positive I’ll take is that both Uni and Gretna are shipping goals at an alarming rate.

Uni have let in 25 in one more game compared to our 13, and Gretna 18 in one league game less than us.   And Gretna let in another 4 today in a cup tie, I guess Cambuslang are pretty strong though.

Yeah, the Uni game a week on Tuesday could be a tough sell though I asked my daughter if she fancied missing training just this once and she said aye (hates missing out on going to a game 🤣) so plan on battling the traffic leaving Edinburgh after work to get over.