There was a coo

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

If I was a Cowdenbeath fan I'd be a bit annoyed that one of the festive fixtures is a home game v Hearts B. Wonder if they chose that deliberately thinking it would attract a decent crowd? East Kilbride last up though could be a potential title showdown!

League showdown, behave.

45 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Don't know about Hearts B team but I do know that Rangers and Celtic B teams last season really mixed their starting 11's depending on their other commitments.
It really was a matter of luck whether you were playing against a really strong B team or a much weakened one. That's one of the reasons they shouldn't be in the LL. Damages the sporting integrity of the competition.

Is that true?

I thought if you played  for the B team you couldn’t for the A, so they couldn’t switch players about and strengthen when they felt like it?

Edited by big al

2 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

What a swing on this thread. A (non Coo) numpty on here was talking about a title decider with EK on the last day of the season......and now its doom and gloom bottom end of the table talk.

Welcome to the rollercoaster ride that is the Lowland league.

Would imagine most Cowden fans feel they can compete in the top half but unlikely to be competing for the title. 
So not as dramatic either way as you are making out. Pretty realistic bunch at Central Park usually

Is that true?
I thought of you on aye for the B team you couldn’t for the A, so they couldn’t switch players about and strengthen when they felt like it?
I wasn't talking about players switching up to the A team. There's a UEFA youth competition and also the SPFL challenge cup which are mainly midweek games. The B teams play strong lineups in those games which affects player availability in the LL fixtures.

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:
8 minutes ago, big al said:
Is that true?
I thought of you on aye for the B team you couldn’t for the A, so they couldn’t switch players about and strengthen when they felt like it?

I wasn't talking about players switching up to the A team. There's a UEFA youth competition and also the SPFL challenge cup which are mainly midweek games. The B teams play strong lineups in those games which affects player availability in the LL fixtures.

Makes sense, and as you say a bit of a mockery of the LL.

10 minutes ago, big al said:

Is that true?

I thought if you played  for the B team you couldn’t for the A, so they couldn’t switch players about and strengthen when they felt like it?

The rule was that anyone u20 (born 2002+) could play for the B team. Once they made 5 first team appearances in a transfer window they were barred from the B team until the next transfer window.

Both B teams were most notably weakened due to International Youth games as B teams could not postpone games. But along the way there would be random call ups to the first team bench, loaned out to a higher level, Scottish Cup games against lower league opposition, UEFA Youth league games, Youth Scottish Cup games.

48 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The rule was that anyone u20 (born 2002+) could play for the B team. Once they made 5 first team appearances in a transfer window they were barred from the B team until the next transfer window.

Both B teams were most notably weakened due to International Youth games as B teams could not postpone games. But along the way there would be random call ups to the first team bench, loaned out to a higher level, Scottish Cup games against lower league opposition, UEFA Youth league games, Youth Scottish Cup games.

I’ve tried to find the rules regarding Colts for this season but can’t find any. 
Do they get published or is it left to them to decide what they do ?

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

I’ve tried to find the rules regarding Colts for this season but can’t find any. 
Do they get published or is it left to them to decide what they do ?

Other than the initial proposal last season (which was later amended). I don't think anything public was ever made.

Probably the same for this season. There's already been speculation on the age restrictions going up to 21 based on quotes around the age range of "17-21". Then there was the 7 Scottish eligible players in the starting line up. A requirement they usually fulfilled last season anyway.

If possible best to ask someone involved with the club as it's not likely the specific rules will enter the public domain.

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Other than the initial proposal last season (which was later amended). I don't think anything public was ever made.

Probably the same for this season. There's already been speculation on the age restrictions going up to 21 based on quotes around the age range of "17-21". Then there was the 7 Scottish eligible players in the starting line up. A requirement they usually fulfilled last season anyway.

If possible best to ask someone involved with the club as it's not likely the specific rules will enter the public domain.

Is there any reason they shouldn’t be in the public domain ?

Just now, Brazilianlex said:

Is there any reason they shouldn’t be in the public domain ?

Not that I can think of. Last year people only got sight of the initial proposal because Caledonian Braves put it online for their members. Once they realised it was being spread around on social media the club deleted the link.

The LL rules and regulations section on their website doesn't have anything on the squad/age restrictions. So i'm not expecting anything this season.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:
1 hour ago, big al said:
Is that true?

So the colts should be at full strength against us, as our fixtures against them do not coincide with either of those tournaments.

In Europe, Celtic will be in the UEFA Youth Champions League path and the fixtures are not close to when we are due to play them and it's Hibs in the UEFA domestic champions path.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/spfl-reconstruction-faces-league-two-24338553

Wonder if the league two clubs would reject potential SPFL 5th tier proposals should they find themselves in the Lowland League.

Maybe because I'm a Cowdenbeath fan and in the Lowland League but think clubs in league two need to think about the bigger picture that they could be in the Lowland League and current setup makes it very hard to return to the SPFL.

However reason if article true is maybe they are not entertaining it because of B teams being part of it.

I'm sure Cowdenbeath fans would be keen for this proposal as would increase chances to quickly return to the SPFL structure although surprised too as not that long ago there was talk of reducing the size of clubs.

Maybe one day three SPFL leagues of 20 now that would be a more appealing product rather than the repetitiveness of leagues of 12 and 10.

Probably reconstruction will still be talked about in 2030 and still no progress unfortunately 

53 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/spfl-reconstruction-faces-league-two-24338553

Wonder if the league two clubs would reject potential SPFL 5th tier proposals should they find themselves in the Lowland League.

Maybe because I'm a Cowdenbeath fan and in the Lowland League but think clubs in league two need to think about the bigger picture that they could be in the Lowland League and current setup makes it very hard to return to the SPFL.

However reason if article true is maybe they are not entertaining it because of B teams being part of it.

I'm sure Cowdenbeath fans would be keen for this proposal as would increase chances to quickly return to the SPFL structure although surprised too as not that long ago there was talk of reducing the size of clubs.

Maybe one day three SPFL leagues of 20 now that would be a more appealing product rather than the repetitiveness of leagues of 12 and 10.

Probably reconstruction will still be talked about in 2030 and still no progress unfortunately 

That’s the same stuff that’s been going about in the past.

I can’t ever see 3 leagues of 20 ever happening.

On 28/06/2022 at 08:20, Cowden316 said:

Will never happen as long as the Colts are part of the equation.