There was a coo

11 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Excellent listen. So many queries have been answered, cheers Nelly!

Would be an amazing to have a community stadium up near the A92, teams like Haws, crossgates, bluebell, shippy, glenrothes could rent when their pitches are having trouble. Should have got BB at CP tonight as they reversed their fixture to Ainslie Park. Are we going to do a union berlin and the fans build the stands? 🤣

Also a day out at Cowden Dora would be class. Every shank should be a £50 donation.

Good time to take points of CSS, let's hope we can get more fans down and make more noise than we did down in Annan! 

Also fingers crossed for a Dunf and Raith Rovers pre season as that is guaranteed good gate!

Come on the coos!!

I think there is a problem with the land next to the A92 being peat based probably why nothing has ever been built there since the road opened 40 years ago.

16 hours ago, Bollan Ball said:

🎙️ We sat down with Cowdenbeath's Football Operations Co-Ordinator Colin Nelson to discuss:

🕴️ His role at the club.
⚽️ Maurice Ross' departure.
🔭 The search for a new manager.
🤔 Club strategy moving forward.
🤝 Shareholder and upcoming Fans Meetings.

Listen here.

Great insight. 18th is in my calendar for the fan’s meeting.

Edited by onecowden

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Not sure what Nelly has said on the podcast but it was an interesting meeting on Monday.

He said a fans meeting is arranged for April 18th. He said it is very important there is a good turnout. 

6 hours ago, onecowden said:

He said a fans meeting is arranged for April 18th. He said it is very important there is a good turnout. 

Just listened to the podcast today it was a fascinating hour.

I must say hearing Colin talk, it fills me with a lot of confidence for the way ahead if we have people like Colin and others steering the ship behind the scenes.

I won’t spoil it for others who have not listened, it’s well worth your time.

Regarding the meeting on the 18th, Colin mentioned the possibility of joining it on Zoom, that would be great for me, and I’m sure others who are not that local, be fantastic if that could be arranged.

Looking for a bit of local knowledge advice.

We’ve got a couple of friends who are in Edinburgh for Easter coming to the game on Saturday, so thought we would get the train over and have a couple of drinks.

Is Wee Jimmies the best place to get a pub lunch in town, and anyone know if a 12 year old kid would be welcome there during the day (I think it looks like kids ok daytime)?

Or does anyone else have other suggestions for pub food? 

Edit: Scrap the pub lunch idea, just realised the old firm game is on at 12.30 on Saturday, so the pubs will be full of their fans no doubt, never mind.

Edited by Cowdenleith

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

We’ve got a couple of friends who are in Edinburgh for Easter coming to the game on Saturday, so thought we would get the train over and have a couple of drinks.

Is Wee Jimmies the best place to get a pub lunch in town, and anyone know if a 12 year old kid would be welcome there during the day (I think it looks like kids ok daytime)?

Edit: Scrap the pub lunch idea, just realised the old firm game is on at 12.30 on Saturday, so the pubs will be full of their fans no doubt, never mind.

Some of the old buggers on here would say a packet of crisps and a can of lemonade while stuck outside the pub as their old man was inside was good enough for them...

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

If you like Indian food, there’s the Shimla Palace just outside the ground. 

On 05/04/2023 at 19:52, Bollan Ball said:

🎙️ We sat down with Cowdenbeath's Football Operations Co-Ordinator Colin Nelson to discuss:

🕴️ His role at the club.
⚽️ Maurice Ross' departure.
🔭 The search for a new manager.
🤔 Club strategy moving forward.
🤝 Shareholder and upcoming Fans Meetings.

Listen here.

Good to see the club communicating openly and honestly with the supporters. I always listen to podcasts when I’m going to bed and look forward to listening to this.

As a long term supporter I’ve become fairly jaded and disillusioned regarding the club over recent years. 
Hopefully with a new manager in place next season I will get renewed enthusiasm for the team and start attending games again. I’m not expecting miracles and would just like to see a competitive team on the park playing some decent football. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Some of the old buggers on here would say a packet of crisps and a can of lemonade while stuck outside the pub as their old man was inside was good enough for them...

These days it would be a bottle of Prime energy drink that the kids all go crazy for, which if bought from the wrong shop could cost the same as two or three pints 😬

16 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

If you like Indian food, there’s the Shimla Palace just outside the ground. 

Thanks, I’ve heard good things about it. A guy I work beside from Rosyth is very cheeky about Cowdenbeath, apart from the Shimla Palace which he says is the only good thing in the town. 🤨

I might fall asleep during the game if I ate a huge Indian meal at lunchtime. 😀😴

7 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

Good to see the club communicating openly and honestly with the supporters. I always listen to podcasts when I’m going to bed and look forward to listening to this.

As a long term supporter I’ve become fairly jaded and disillusioned regarding the club over recent years. 
Hopefully with a new manager in place next season I will get renewed enthusiasm for the team and start attending games again. I’m not expecting miracles and would just like to see a competitive team on the park playing some decent football. 

A couple of good home games left this season, get yourself down to them if you can. 😀

I’m confident we will be so much better next season, if you take our results from the turn of the year (and I accept that’s an arbitrary date, but it does include games against 4 of he top 5) we would be about mid table now.

It was interesting (though not surprising) to hear how much of an influence Iain Davidson has been, and a help to Colin Jack recently. Would love him to stay next season if he still has the desire to play, not sure if that’s realistic or not, sure he will have other offers.

12 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Wee Jimmies is I believe good for bar lunches.

You would be separate from punters watching the Glasgow derby.

9 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Thanks, I’ve heard good things about it. A guy I work beside from Rosyth is very cheeky about Cowdenbeath, apart from the Shimla Palace which he says is the only good thing in the town. 🤨

I might fall asleep during the game if I ate a huge Indian meal at lunchtime. 😀😴

Never been in the Shimla but every seems to rave about it and it’s been there for ages now in an old pup which never usually lasts long.

I used to work in Rosyth I’d probably put it on par with Cowden.

58 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Wee Jimmies is I believe good for bar lunches.

You would be separate from punters watching the Glasgow derby.

Thanks for that about the separate area, good to know. 👍

Weird being off work today, feels like Saturday (not complaining 🤣)

11 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

So good to see you back Only coo. Keep the faith; good things will happen.

Edited by Blue Brazil Forever
Finger problems