Jump to content

There was a coo


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Anybody know when the Lowland league fixtures come out?

Probably next week or the week after.

The SPFL one’s are out on Friday, with all the groundshares they have to wait to see when the SPFL sides are at home and work round them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Probably next week or the week after.

The SPFL one’s are out on Friday, with all the groundshares they have to wait to see when the SPFL sides are at home and work round them.

Cheers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, therewasacoo said:

Wondering if we will have any announcements today

We have a Lemon and a Berry now. Any more fruit related signings likely? Another signing being announced later tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ben Weekes, 19 year old released by Falkirk.

Looks like he played a handful of times earlier last season for Falkirk, then went on loan to Penicuik in February, played in 12 games and scored a few goals near the end of the season.

Similar age and experience to Lucas Berry, and another one who will feel he has a point to prove. 

Edited by Cowdenleith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All of the announced signings look like very promising young players who hopefully will go on to have a good future in football. Could be good prospects with the right training and management. It will be interesting to see if we will have some more experienced players in the squad as well and a few with leadership qualities on the pitch. Obviously we will need a good team captain. 

Think most Cowden fans will be feeling positive about what we have seen so far, 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Building an identity. You can see where the focus lies. Young hungry and talented.

Great start to this huge rebuild. A lot of work going on behind the scenes.

It’s good bringing in a young squad with a point to prove but we could do with a couple of more experienced players to help them along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Any of last season’s players remaining?

Not as far as I am aware.  One was meant to be but then it was announced he had signed elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

It’s good bringing in a young squad with a point to prove but we could do with a couple of more experienced players to help them along.

Think it will take some time to sign more experienced players. They will have a number of offers or trials from perhaps SPFL clubs on the table so they may want to explore those first. 

When signing experience,  we need the right character to help the young lads. We don't need a cynical jaded player causing a bad blood in the squad and who doesn't set good standards. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Experienced players are most sought after and tbh most expensive to get. It will take time.

You can still have a player at 25 that's experienced though eg played a lot of games at spfl level.

For players staying. 2 or 3 we hoped would stay but they decided to move on. 

There should be more signing announcements in coming days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CowdenPhil said:

Think it will take some time to sign more experienced players. They will have a number of offers or trials from perhaps SPFL clubs on the table so they may want to explore those first. 

When signing experience,  we need the right character to help the young lads. We don't need a cynical jaded player causing a bad blood in the squad and who doesn't set good standards. 

 

I wasn’t meaning signing any old has been just a few with a bit more first team experience either SPFL or non league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Not as far as I am aware.  One was meant to be but then it was announced he had signed elsewhere.

f**k him don’t need people like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...