There was a coo

8 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Building an identity. You can see where the focus lies. Young hungry and talented.

Great start to this huge rebuild. A lot of work going on behind the scenes.

It’s good bringing in a young squad with a point to prove but we could do with a couple of more experienced players to help them along.

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

It’s good bringing in a young squad with a point to prove but we could do with a couple of more experienced players to help them along.

Think it will take some time to sign more experienced players. They will have a number of offers or trials from perhaps SPFL clubs on the table so they may want to explore those first. 

When signing experience,  we need the right character to help the young lads. We don't need a cynical jaded player causing a bad blood in the squad and who doesn't set good standards. 

Experienced players are most sought after and tbh most expensive to get. It will take time.

You can still have a player at 25 that's experienced though eg played a lot of games at spfl level.

For players staying. 2 or 3 we hoped would stay but they decided to move on. 

There should be more signing announcements in coming days.

1 hour ago, CowdenPhil said:

Think it will take some time to sign more experienced players. They will have a number of offers or trials from perhaps SPFL clubs on the table so they may want to explore those first. 

When signing experience,  we need the right character to help the young lads. We don't need a cynical jaded player causing a bad blood in the squad and who doesn't set good standards. 

I wasn’t meaning signing any old has been just a few with a bit more first team experience either SPFL or non league.

If it turns out that not one player from last year is signed for 2022/23, I wonder that’s a piece of history?

Sure it’s not something that can be easily checked, but you would expect even with teams that have been demoted, a small core would have been retained.

5 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

If it turns out that not one player from last year is signed for 2022/23, I wonder that’s a piece of history?

Sure it’s not something that can be easily checked, but you would expect even with teams that have been demoted, a small core would have been retained.

I can remember when I was young I’m sure Frank Connor released everyone at the end of the season!

Suppose it’s different getting relegated out of the league, don’t think much players were kept on by the Shire and Berwick.

Brechin kept a few but I think they were on two year deals.

Maybe they weren’t wanted.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we needed a full clearcut a long time ago. Glad to see it's happening now and even if we don't finish high up the league, I'm sure we'll have a side full of hungry young players looking to learn and develop under Mo. This will be his team and there will be no hiding place - I'm sure he'll want to prove a point as well.

Also enjoying the refreshed social media comms. It's a department I feel like we've been lacking in for a long time.

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Good to see a mass clearout was always needed - two months after claims you'd piss the play-offs and after the season your fans were tipping you to get promotion from League Two.

Who said we would piss the play offs.

I certainly never thought we had a good side last season although some did.