There was a coo

20 hours ago, weanjohnson said:

Don't know if anyone else was scunnered by the trains at annan being cancelled, thankfully I jumped on the last bus to Lockerbie a few minutes after finding out or I really would've been in trouble

Sounds a lot of hassle, gotta respect your dedication, come on the Cowden, despite the mixed results, the dark cloud, has being a little brighter in 2023, 

Brilliant day out yesterday what a difference it makes to a journey home smashing a team. Great work rate from the team and lethal in front of goal. First time seeing cal murray looks tidy on the ball great close control for his goal. Chuffed about danny resigning made that no.1 jersey his.

Was first thing i noticed, with the Murray boy, in the East Stirlingshire game, was his close control, he had this one chance where he flicked it up over the defenders head and volleyed it first time past the post, I think with more games, he will only get better, hes not match fit yet, from what i could see but he was man of the match along with newman last week too, 

I know commercially it would make no sense, but I really wish the goalie tops were available for sale. Love all the colours (3 I think?), maybe purple one is the tops.

If there are any Cammy Gill ones kicking about the club from last season, my daughter would pony up for that 🤣

C4AB5AAB-C240-43FF-9C0A-9D27E225D794.png

14 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I know commercially it would make no sense, but I really wish the goalie tops were available for sale. Love all the colours (3 I think?), maybe purple one is the tops.

If there are any Cammy Gill ones kicking about the club from last season, my daughter would pony up for that 🤣

C4AB5AAB-C240-43FF-9C0A-9D27E225D794.png

I’m sure at one time we used to sell replica keeper tops maybe I’m just imagining that.

If you got in touch with Football Nation they would be able to advise you.

2 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Did he bring in everyone this season?

Someone at club be able to answer that but we didnt get a scout in till like halfway through the season, think thats when we got rid of a number of players, kept some and added a bit more quality, seems it was hit and miss but a few recent additions, seem to be good enough finally for the level, 

1 hour ago, SuperCowden said:

Someone at club be able to answer that but we didnt get a scout in till like halfway through the season, think thats when we got rid of a number of players, kept some and added a bit more quality, seems it was hit and miss but a few recent additions, seem to be good enough finally for the level, 

Has made a difference bringing some experience into the team.

Some of the younger players are starting to find their feet now, albeit a little bit longer than expected. Feel like Garrad is starting to play more of a role. Possibly time is up for Slaven.

As everyone notices we lack a little up front even though we have 5 or so to choose from. (I think). 

A player we should be looking at for next season is Josh Fowler for Beith Juniors, looks like a pest. 25 odd goals and 15 assist for a CF in the WoSFL is a good return for a strong league, certainly a few teams could fit into the lowland league right now. I'd imagine someone will be looking to get him next season if Beith didn't make the playoffs.

38 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Oh really? Read on the other forums that them and Creetown had tried to sort the issues out with the SFA so they could participate in the play offs, if they top their regions.

I wouldn’t listen to that.

Pretty much been confirmed as 100% bs

41 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Oh really? Read on the other forums that them and Creetown had tried to sort the issues out with the SFA so they could participate in the play offs, if they top their regions.

Some club not either of them announced last week they had got their license.

Think they only grant them twice a year so neither will be in a play off.

Free run for Linlithgow to get promoted.

1 hour ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Some of the younger players are starting to find their feet now, albeit a little bit longer than expected. Feel like Garrad is starting to play more of a role. Possibly time is up for Slaven.

As everyone notices we lack a little up front even though we have 5 or so to choose from. (I think). 

A player we should be looking at for next season is Josh Fowler for Beith Juniors, looks like a pest. 25 odd goals and 15 assist for a CF in the WoSFL is a good return for a strong league, certainly a few teams could fit into the lowland league right now. I'd imagine someone will be looking to get him next season if Beith didn't make the playoffs.

Never seen Beith but I reckon he would be on a decent wage with them.

3 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Just to clarify the chief scout doesn't bring people in but will scout players we have either asked him too along with the other scouts as part of his team. He will also bring some players to our attention that are showing up well and there is a process in place to fine tune that.

Kenny done well setting up his network and his reporting. He has now moved on and the club will also.

Kenny goes with our best wishes.

11 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Just to clarify the chief scout doesn't bring people in but will scout players we have either asked him too along with the other scouts as part of his team. He will also bring some players to our attention that are showing up well and there is a process in place to fine tune that.

Kenny done well setting up his network and his reporting. He has now moved on and the club will also.

Kenny goes with our best wishes.

Thanks for giving me more info on it, seemed it was positive thing, having an actual scouting network in place, a few of the recent additions in 2023, seem to have improved the team in long run, with 10 signed back on for next season players wise, i think i seen on twitter, that he thinks we would benefit with someone more local doing it, so i hope we can get someone in, if its helping us much more on the pitch 

13 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

I didnt get to as many games as i wanted this season but i wanna lot more next season, nothing beats being back watching us, the newman boy is very useful going forward but i did notice in the east stirlingshire game, we lacked belief width wise in the wide areas and lacking a bit of pace, to play off the Dan Watt boy, who looks slow but very useful and a good focal point, dont think we really replaced renton (not saying he was great) but Watt looks a target man, you can play off and play the ball into , who can hold the ball up for you, dont know if he plays like that every week but the Stuart Love boy really lacked belief, wasnt direct enough and final ball wasnt there at all, also didnt look the fittest, Slavan i dont think got off bench but i seen him earlier on in season and got caught offside a number of times, we should have beat East Stirlingshire by a distance, the midfield and defence looks solid overall, middle of pitch getting better, with recent inclusion of Murray, Garrad like you said looks good, any games ive seen him in, hes being bright, gets in good areas and isnt afraid to shoot from distance, i was surprised the manager wasnt playing him much, Beith Juniors doing very well this season and sounds good player, their is a lot of good players at every level in football, theirs always gonna be gems in leagues lower than ours, just a case of them reflecting that in lowland league when given chance.