There was a coo

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye first time although we have played them in friendlies over the years. Crowd was 165.

I noticed on Twitter they did a wee wrap around programme supplement to add to the original issue, with a picture of Central Park turnstiles on the cover, nice touch.

1 hour ago, therewasacoo said:

Does anyone on here know how many of our players we have signed on for next season?

We have 10 players signed on for most of next season. With one more to be announced soon as committed.

Sam newman is under contract with Spartans for another season.

39 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

We have 10 players signed on for most of next season. With one more to be announced soon as committed.

I'd assume Spartans have kept an eye on his vast improvement..

would be great to get him loaned back until January. Better playing 90mins for Cowden every week than benching over there..

Nelly, not to get too far ahead, what about pre-season? Potential friendlies lined up? Seeing as we won't have the league Cup group stages.

Edited by CowdenMiners1204

2 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Surely we have to sign Sam Newman!

He had a bit of a mare at the start, especially against Airdrieonians, but I would say he and Davidson are our 2 best players now.

I was lucky enough to win this previously mentioned top that was listed on ebay (along with the Scotheat one).

Does anyone know exactly what season it was from as I've looked at the wonderful Historical Kits website but (surprisingly) it's not featured on there.

I've also tried checking a few Cowden programme covers from the late 80s and early 90s but still haven't got a clue...

simod top.jpg

34 minutes ago, Drifter said:

I was lucky enough to win this previously mentioned top that was listed on ebay (along with the Scotheat one).

Does anyone know exactly what season it was from as I've looked at the wonderful Historical Kits website but (surprisingly) it's not featured on there.

I've also tried checking a few Cowden programme covers from the late 80s and early 90s but still haven't got a clue...

simod top.jpg

Nice one. 😀

In the recent booklet issued for the reunion event at Wee Jimmies there is a picture from 1990/91 playing against Spartans in the snow in the Simod strip, so maybe that season. Looks the same with the white cuffs.

3 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

He must have signed a long contract when he joined them.

51 minutes ago, Drifter said:

simod top.jpg

89/90 and 90/1 for that one 86/7 for the Scotheat one which was also used in 87/8 but had Trianco as sponsor.

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

simod top.jpg

Was going to have a punt at this but I've got my eye on old t90 boots instead. A young whippersnapper like me probably wouldn't give it the appreciation it deserves anyway.

18 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

89/90 and 90/1 for that one 86/7 for the Scotheat one which was also used in 87/8 but had Trianco as sponsor.

Yeah. We had a few unusual kits around then. Think we had problems with suppliers (or finances). I remember us having a few variants of some kits and changing kit after a few weeks or months into the season. I have one which I have never seen anywhere else. It was made by "Moon". I think it was one of the kits we used for just a short spell. Might have been something to do with lack of sponsor that we chopped and changed some kits then. 

3 minutes ago, PELE said:

Yeah. We had a few unusual kits around then. Think we had problems with suppliers (or finances). I remember us having a few variants of some kits and changing kit after a few weeks or months into the season. I have one which I have never seen anywhere else. It was made by "Moon". I think it was one of the kits we used for just a short spell. Might have been something to do with lack of sponsor that we chopped and changed some kits then. 

At the start of 87/88 after the boardroom upheaval we started with an old Umbro kit before reverting to the Matchwinner one once things had been sorted out with a new sponsor.

We had Moon for a couple of seasons from 93-5 (two different kits) they were a small company from Kirkliston who also done Forfar. Then we had 12 years with Paulas Bannara who done some cracking bespoke designs.

7 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

If he's your best player he's probably Berwick bound tbh

Like your new merge Fife clubs logo😀 probably better merging Berwick and Tweedmouth mind you. Can mind the Haws beating Berwick last season.