There was a coo

Just now, Cowdenleith said:

Oh no I didn’t mean that about the hospitality if I badly worded my post, it was when I read about selling hospitality that it thought this is a bit wrong if they get to keep all the gate money as well.

At least they are selling hospitality and this is an opportunity fixture to cash in.  Fair play to them.

I am sure I read on other threads that the gate is split.

36 minutes ago, marty_j said:

Nobody seemed to know what “damage “ was when I asked your guy he went on about a light?

there was nothing happening except usual banging of corrugated iron at back to make a racket. 

police seemed embarrassed to be there. 

i was there with youngest , he really enjoyed it and Cowden officials etc and fans always welcoming . I missed going there, should be equally good at Shielfield in April in cup

I heard a light mentioned suppose the corrugated iron could have been bashed a bit.

It was good to get an away support at a game bit like the old days, looking forward to April always a good day, glad you enjoyed yours.

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

It is not a shared gate 

Thought it was just the South Cup that was shared and that just started this season I think. Pot luck I suppose if you get a home game, never mind the winners will make a fortune from the hoards of Dalbeattie or Stirling Uni fans.

30 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I thought Liam dealt with it ok, he celebrated the first goal front of his own fans, and the hat trick with the players, but I never saw him gesturing towards the crowd or the Cowden bench at any point during or after the game.

On the subject of expenses, can anyone from the club confirm that for the Lowland League Cup the gate is not split?  This was suggested on another thread, and it seems wholly unfair.

If the home club keep the gate, do Cowdenbeath even get expenses to cover the not inconsiderable cost of coach hire for the day?

It wasn’t until I saw that Berwick were marketing hospitality packages for the game which will make them more money (and why not, good luck to them) that I thought this is not right.

He was straight our dug out when he scored down there nothing over the top today. I don't get this show respect to an old club when you score against them, some do some don't your commitment is to your new club. Just like moving on from any other job.

Maybe in hindsight it was a mistake him coming back last season. He was a legend first time around from under 18 side to title winner.

His legacy seems to be tarnished by some which is a shame.

12 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I heard a light mentioned suppose the corrugated iron could have been bashed a bit.

It was good to get an away support at a game bit like the old days, looking forward to April always a good day, glad you enjoyed yours.

As far as I understand it the stand lighting system was damaged not just a light 

Just now, The_Pit_Owns said:

What's the point in the Lowland League Cup? It's after the league season, only contains teams in the league (minus the B teams) and only financially benefits the home side. 

Can we just play a team of trialists?

It started as a season filler when there was less clubs and less games. I don't mind it the most games you can play is 4 or if you get beat in the first round you get an early finish to the season.

53 minutes ago, marty_j said:

Nobody seemed to know what “damage “ was when I asked your guy he went on about a light?

there was nothing happening except usual banging of corrugated iron at back to make a racket. 

police seemed embarrassed to be there. 

i was there with youngest , he really enjoyed it and Cowden officials etc and fans always welcoming . I missed going there, should be equally good at Shielfield in April in cup

According to stockie staff, the Ned’s banging the stand managed to break the electricity supply to the stand so no lighting. They were asked to move away from the back of stand for their own safety and told everyone inc their own officials to f**k off hence the Police attendance.

Really just a bunch of loud teenagers with beer bravery. That Scottish beer takes no prisoners 

11 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

What's the point in the Lowland League Cup? It's after the league season, only contains teams in the league (minus the B teams) and only financially benefits the home side. 

Given we are in the Mickey Mouse League, I think the rules mean we could get away with inviting fans to play as trialists and have a fun day out

5 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

According to stockie staff, the Ned’s banging the stand managed to break the electricity supply to the stand so no lighting. They were asked to move away from the back of stand for their own safety and told everyone inc their own officials to f**k off hence the Police attendance.

Really just a bunch of loud teenagers with beer bravery. That Scottish beer takes no prisoners 

I seem them in the pie que at half time with their probably fake Stone Island jerseys😀 not exactly Green Street. Back to school on Monday for them.

Edited by cowdenbeath

18 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

With the league season finishing in the middle of April, it has the potential to extend the season an extra couple of weeks for the majority of teams. Potentially beneficial since some teams might still be in the South Challenge, East Qualifying, or Southern Counties Cup.

The Final would have all the proceeds going to the league. If there was any profit after expenses it could put some money into the administration of the league. Which before the Colt team money needs whatever pennies it can get.

46 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

It is not a shared gate 

No expenses either? If no expenses then it’s gonna cost a fair bit of money to fulfil the fixture. I’d withdraw if we could. Certainly won’t be going down to fill Berwick’s coffers.

16 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

No expenses either? If no expenses then it’s gonna cost a fair bit of money to fulfil the fixture. I’d withdraw if we could. Certainly won’t be going down to fill Berwick’s coffers.

No expenses and you don’t have right to withdraw 

7 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

No expenses and you don’t have right to withdraw 

What a sh**show this league is. 

Does anyone think through these decisions and think they are logical?

If Berwick beat Cowden, they will then have another home tie against (probably) Uni of Stirling, who will have two road trips and the costs that entail.

Craziness.

28 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

What a sh**show this league is. 

Does anyone think through these decisions and think they are logical?

If Berwick beat Cowden, they will then have another home tie against (probably) Uni of Stirling, who will have two road trips and the costs that entail.

Craziness.

I’m sure I read somewhere that both finalists lost money last year.