There was a coo

35 minutes ago, PELE said:

Good luck to your daughter. Does she wear a Cowden top for luck? 

When my son was that age, he wore his Cowden strip at the Scotland trials. At that time the Fife kids either went to St Johns (Dundee) or Broughton. There was talk of Glenrothes High becoming a performance school, but the head moved on and nothing happened. Don't know if the local authority has to stump up cash for the privilege. They did build the indoor complex at the old FIPRE centre though. You would think the girls and boys trials would be separate.

If you believe the weather forecast, then it must be touch and go for tomorrow night. Bad flooding in Fife and rain changed to snow about six o'clock and temperature was dropping fast.

Ha ha, she didn’t wear one, she wore her No.1 Goalkeeping Academy (Cammy’s company) gear to both previous trials, think she will keep with that now for good luck. 

That’s interesting that there was talk of there being a performance school in Fife, there really should be considering the population is similar to that of Ayrshire, and there is one in Kilmarnock.

I think in future years there may be separate routes for boys and girls to get in, probably something that will have to happen, but not there yet.

59 minutes ago, Number seven said:

What is the full draw?

(1) Berwick v Cowden (winner home to winner of 2).

(2) Dalbeattie v Uni of Stirling 

(3) Edinburgh Uni v East Stirlingshire (winner home to winner of 4).

(4) OG Broomhill v Cumberland Colts

(5) Gala Fairydean v Caledonian Braves (winner home to winner of 6).

(6) Bo'ness v Spartans

That's the only ones I can see so far.

Edited by PELE

9 hours ago, PELE said:

(6) Bo'ness v Spartans

There will be another 2 ties as the B teams don’t take part.

The team going into the play off can also opt out so Bo’ness may progress to the second round without kicking a ball.

Terrible patter from the LL that you have to find a cup draw here rather than any official outlets.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

The team going into the play off can also opt out so Bo’ness may progress to the second round without kicking a ball.

Terrible patter from the LL that you have to find a cup draw here rather than any official outlets.

Tough draw for the first couple of rounds with Uni of Stirling looming if we can get past Berwick. 😬

1 hour ago, wulliemc said:

Will a pitch inspection be required for tonight’s game?

I was wondering that was pretty frosty this morning and  -2.

Its meant to dip back down to those levels at kick off.

I wouldn’t be too bothered if it was off, getting too old to be sitting in the cold watching football especially a dead rubber game.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Tough draw for the first couple of rounds with Uni of Stirling looming if we can get past Berwick. 😬

I’ll just concentrate on Berwick they will be tough enough.

The cup just prolongs the season but you can’t beat a train journey down to Berwick,      With Gala a close second.

16 hours ago, PELE said:

(6) Bo'ness v Spartans

Thanks very much.

7 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Not quite right I am afraid.

You can sign up to get email notifications from the LL, as I did a long time ago, and I received all the cup draw details earlier this morning.

8 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

Not quite right I am afraid.

You can sign up to get email notifications from the LL, as I did a long time ago, and I received all the cup draw details earlier this morning.

Never seen such a service highlighted. Still should have put something out after the draw instead of the clubs drip feeding it.

14 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Never seen such a service highlighted. Still should have put something out after the draw instead of the clubs drip feeding it.

The full draw is on their twitter now. I agree, you shouldn't have to sign up to an email to get the info, or like I did, trawl the club twitter accounts to find some info.

27 minutes ago, PELE said:

The full draw is on their twitter now. I agree, you shouldn't have to sign up to an email to get the info, or like I did, trawl the club twitter accounts to find some info.

I’ll be honest I didn’t even know this cup was a thing until the club announced who they were playing! 

12 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Yeah. The play-offs are scheduled for the 29th April and 6th May and the first leg of the final on 13th May (all on the same day as the Lowland League Cup ties). Hence, Spartans, Uni of Stirling or Tranent will be otherwise occupied.

Edited by PELE

Not been in a while but decided to take this one. Mistake as it was freezing! 

thought the team put a good shift in the first half! Worked hard to put the Hearts back line under pressure but didn’t have the quality to put away the chances we got from it. Think we missed two 1 on 1s without hitting the target. 

was told the free kick to win it was a piece of quality but I missed it. 

Was good to see the lads get the points But not sure how strong that Hearts side is so can’t really judge much from it myself. 

also enjoyed finding out we now have “ultras” even if it’s just a rangers songbook with cowden added in 😂