There was a coo

On 06/03/2023 at 13:51, The Minertaur said:

Why the feck are people deleting their accounts and others announcing that they are done with the club? Have I missed something?   

The last 2 or 3 seasons, we’ll really since we beat the Pars in the play off been a downward spiral since I guess those you mentioned are just pissed off.

1 hour ago, NELLY 1 said:

Chris hasn't left no he is on loan until end of season with rosyth.

Is there any scope to recall him and give him a chance off the bench?Let’s be honest we’re crying out for anyone to put the ball in the net.

Chris seems to normally be a sub for Rosyth and I’m sure I noticed he’s scored a few goals coming off the bench.

I know I’m in a minority of about one on this thread, and appreciate he is at a team at a lower level, but I’d give just about anything a go at the moment.

Signed: Chris Aikhamenze fan club 😀

20 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Is there any scope to recall him and give him a chance off the bench?Let’s be honest we’re crying out for anyone to put the ball in the net.

Chris seems to normally be a sub for Rosyth and I’m sure I noticed he’s scored a few goals coming off the bench.

I know I’m in a minority of about one on this thread, and appreciate he is at a team at a lower level, but I’d give just about anything a go at the moment.

Signed: Chris Aikhamenze fan club 😀

I was at the Rosyth v St Andrews game last midweek.  Chris Aikhamenze on the bench for Rosyth.  Came on in second half and looked disinterested and out of his depth.

38 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

On another note - when we played both Rangers and Celtic, the keepers passed the ball to a defender and started their attacks from there. Yet we persist with hoofing the ball up the park and as often as not give the ball to the opposition.

Any thoughts?

That's always been (d)rossball as far as I can remember. 2 CMs isn't really enough to control the midfield in the modern game and our wide players are usually just full backs anyway. Hopefully the next gaffer implements a 3-5-2/5-3-2 to get that potential out ball in the system.

3 hours ago, weanjohnson said:

That's always been (d)rossball as far as I can remember. 2 CMs isn't really enough to control the midfield in the modern game and our wide players are usually just full backs anyway. Hopefully the next gaffer implements a 3-5-2/5-3-2 to get that potential out ball in the system.

I can recall several games when we were playing the ball out from the back this season.  And Edinburgh University played themselves into trouble doing just that whilst Celtic weren’t that good at it for first 15 minutes 

11 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I can recall several games when we were playing the ball out from the back this season.  And Edinburgh University played themselves into trouble doing just that whilst Celtic weren’t that good at it for first 15 minutes 

All the big teams do it though. Don't see the point in giving the ball back to your opponents.

46 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

You won't get pressed if you have players available to pass to.

Everyone back when the opposition get a corner?

You can always get pressed depends on quality of players, opposition, pitch, weather at our level how well you can deploy playing it out from back.  All back at corners - doesn’t bother me in the slightest as commonplace nowadays.  Just one option 

I wasn’t holding up much hope of Saturday being on at Galashiels with the low temps.
Until looking at wiki just now I didn’t realise that the football ground at Netherdale is artificial, so should be good to go presumably.

Edited by Cowdenleith

5 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I wasn’t holding up much hope of Saturday being on at Galashiels with the low temps.
Until looking at wiki just now I didn’t realise that the football ground at Netherdale is artificial, so should be good to go presumably.

All depend how much snow they get and if it freezes. Good day out Gala.

On 09/03/2023 at 20:30, cowdenbeath said:

All depend how much snow they get and if it freezes. Good day out Gala.

Currently zero degree in Galashiels, not predicted to get above 3/4.

Frost covered Astro can be dangerous, so guessing the game could be in doubt, hope not.

On 06/03/2023 at 12:09, cowdenbeath said:

Always the same. Since I was young and probably before that Cowdenbeath is full of folk who like to moan about things.

Most negative place on the planet.

I’m  not bothered about Saturday’s result as I never expected us to win.

More bothered about this Saturday against Gala.

All just wishing they lived in Kelty the be fair 😂😂 on a serious note it's been a big transitional period for Cowden this season , I think if you'd have kept that squad from last season or most of you would be top 3/4 minimum , too much change this season to expect anything other than what's happened and some signings I've heard have been atrocious, hope it all starts coming good and best of luck for today Gala got some pretty decent players in their team