There was a coo

16 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I'm fairly sure it'll be a whole new team. 

So what cups do we get to compete in this season? Obviously the 3 big ones but what Lowland League ones are there?

Usual SPFL ones for the season.

South Challenge Cup involves Lowland, WoSFL, EoSFL, and SoSFL clubs. Should be about 165 clubs in the draw. The First and Second rounds were regionalised last season (NW,SW,NE,SE). Not sure how much of that was due to COVID concerns.

Lowland League Cup is typically an end of season straight knockout involving the 16 Lowland Leage clubs. The Lowland champion often witdraws as the dates match up with the SPFL Playoff.

I suppose the Fife Cup if it gets played will take on some more importance for Cowdenbeath. Other Lowland teams play in the EoS Qualifying Cup and Southern Counties Challenge Cup.

League aim a Top 4 finish would qualify for the SPFL Trust Trophy the following season. A 2nd place finish might see a SPFL Premier Sports Cup spot.

29 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I'm fairly sure it'll be a whole new team. 

So what cups do we get to compete in this season? Obviously the 3 big ones but what Lowland League ones are there?

South Challenge Cup which also includes East West and south sides.

Quite an interesting tournament can get some big non league sides or at the other end ones we would never have expected to play in the past.

Lowland League Cup for all members excluding the B sides.

It was played in groups last season but has been a knock out cup in previous seasons.

Edited by cowdenbeath

A general Lowland League chat thread has been started for 2022/23 and noticed that the fixture list is due out this Friday (17th), be good to see all the fixtures to look forward to.

Also was browsing Berwick Rangers website and they are have a friendly with Stenhousemuir a week on Saturday.  The countdown on their website that shows just 12 days really brings into perspective how close clubs are to starting the season.  Feels like we have barely finished last season.

8 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

A general Lowland League chat thread has been started for 2022/23 and noticed that the fixture list is due out this Friday (17th), be good to see all the fixtures to look forward to.

The SPFL fixture list is out on Friday. The Lowland league tends to come out the following week due to groundshares.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SPFL fixture list is out on Friday. The Lowland league tends to come out the following week due to groundshares.

Thanks, I should have read your post more carefully, I was jumping the gun a little bit there. ☺️

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It’s a tough job for the fixtures secretary although only two groundshares with SPFL sides - Broomhill at Alloa and Shire at Falkirk.

If we are unlucky would could end up with Friday night games against both.

There were rumours of Rangers B moving into Broadwood with the Colts but that would be easier to work around.

13 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It’s a tough job for the fixtures secretary although only two groundshares with SPFL sides - Broomhill at Alloa and Shire at Falkirk.

There were rumours of Rangers B moving into Broadwood with the Colts but that would be easier to work around.

Celtic Colts played at Airdrie (yes, unlikely as it seems) last season but as the Colts seemed to piss all over the fixture list last season I doubt it matters where they play

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Celtic Colts played at Airdrie (yes, unlikely as it seems) last season but as the Colts seemed to piss all over the fixture list last season I doubt it matters where they play

Forgot about them being in Airdrie.

Hear City are putting in a temporary stand at Meadowbank so we might get the League Cup game played there - get Bains to supply your pies please!

16 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Stirling Uni/Stirling Albion

Spartans/Edinburgh City don't know if City are able to start the season at Meadowbank. It was made easier last season with the Friday nights.

Broomhill/Alloa

East Stirlingshire/Falkirk

Celtic & Rangers B teams depending on any musical chairs.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Stirling Uni/Stirling Albion

Spartans/Edinburgh City don't know if City are able to start the season at Meadowbank. It was made easier last season with the Friday nights.

Broomhill/Alloa

East Stirlingshire/Falkirk

Celtic & Rangers B teams depending on any musical chairs.

I really fucked that up😀

Forgot about both Stirling Uni and Celtic.

I got told City are putting in a temporary stand at Meadowbank until the new one is built.

52 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I got told City are putting in a temporary stand at Meadowbank until the new one is built.

Walked along Marionville Road on Friday (the main road along the back of the stadium) and nothing at all happening, but guess a temporary thing could be thrown up relatively quickly, though think they would need to clear it up a bit first surely.

Oh, and another signing at 9pm tonight. 😀

11 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Walked along Marionville Road on Friday (the main road along the back of the stadium) and nothing at all happening, but guess a temporary thing could be thrown up relatively quickly, though think they would need to clear it up a bit first surely.

Oh, and another signing at 9pm tonight. 😀

Never been down that way for ages just got told by someone about the stand.

Would be good if the games there, first went to a game there in 1978😀

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Never been down that way for ages just got told by someone about the stand.

Would be good if the games there, first went to a game there in 1978😀

Yeah, had read the same about the temporary stand, needs to get moving soon, I have my doubts it will be ready in the short term.

I would be about a year after that I reckon, went to a fair few games over the years.  They had a great wee programme stall in the concourse from memory run by the supporters club.

Best experience at Meadowbank was definitely seeing Prince play there in the early 90’s. 😁

48 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, had read the same about the temporary stand, needs to get moving soon, I have my doubts it will be ready in the short term.

I would be about a year after that I reckon, went to a fair few games over the years.  They had a great wee programme stall in the concourse from memory run by the supporters club.

Best experience at Meadowbank was definitely seeing Prince play there in the early 90’s. 😁

Remember their programme stall back in the day.

I once saw the Harlem Globetrotters in the sports centre.

Really enjoying the build up of new signings just now and the transparency with player quotes following them joining.

Never thought I would have said this following the Bonnyrigg game and our drop to the Lowland league but I'm really looking forward to next season.

We still have a club we can be proud of and to help us take the club back to where it should be 

Edited by Cowden316