There was a coo

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

We wern't that bad in the opening 15 minutes or so Alfie had a decent chance at the back post with his header.

Once Celtic scored that was it more or less always felt they could have stepped up  a bit more if they really wanted to, maybe lucky for us they were happy just dominating and passing the ball around rather than going for the kill.

Bit of a similar to the game at Airdrie at the start of the season.

Certainly thought they could have had more if they wanted too. Shame we never took the chance at 1 nil but that's the breaks sometimes.

a Bad day at the office and shouldn't take away from the good work from the turn of the year. Hopefully get back to winning ways with 3 winnable games coming up. 

The only gripe I have is that we sit too deep, especially after going behind 1-0, then 2-0, then 3-0 behind. I don't get the logic. We can't get relegated or promoted and we are losing. Why oh why do we sit so deep? The Celtic players didn't see a blue shirt until they were near our box. Awful tactics.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Slaven as well had a great chance at 1-0 when he was gifted the ball and dithered, didn’t know whether to shoot or go round he keeper, tried the latter and made a mess of it.

Celtic were a good football team, simple as that.

Slaven is so poor. I am sure he is quite fast if he put the effort in, but he is so lazy. He never does anything.

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Pointing fingers and blaming is all fine and well, but there have been plenty times directors have stated they'll happily step aside if someone wants to take their place. Therein lies the problem. It's a depressing state of affairs for absolutely everyone, of that I am sure.

The community have done absolutely nothing to help the club - only the same loyal fans/directors have kept us alive for as long as this.

Yeah. Let's be realistic here. The directors and volunteers are not on the young side. Unless someone with serious money comes in, or we get younger volunteers (highly unlikely for various reasons), then the club is doomed. Sadly, it is just a matter of time. It was always coming. I honestly thought we wouldn't have made it this far. Donald Findlay has kept us going in recent years, but after him, who is going to save us?

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

Spineless! Pumped by both bigot brothers' B teams AT HOME in the SAME FORTNIGHT. If you are happy because of a 0-0 draw to Tranent, a 2-0 win to Stirling Uni, a 5-0 win to Edinburgh Uni and a scrappy 1-0 win to Braves, you are part of the problem!

This cannot go on any longer. This clueless clown of a manager has to go. He has had plenty time to make it right, a few wins over bang average teams does not cut the mustard. We are 16th in the FIFTH tier for heavens sake. When will upstairs get their finger out their backside and do right thing and relieve him of his duties. If he stays for next season, we are going to be in the exact same position or worse.

I am tired of seeing the club dwindle into insignificance while it seems to me that certain people are just letting and watching it happen. Nobody can defend that performance today, we were not even in the game and it could have been more.

I do not care if it hurts certain people's feelings as they are directly involved. We need a shake up at the club, where some people need to step aside. I speak the uncomfortable TRUTH. Like it or now. We were just relegated in the SECOND tier in 2015, now sit fourth bottom in FIFTH. Someone has to be held accountable? But who is it? Despite the great work they have done, some people need to step aside in my opinion.

A certain director can come and abuse me again, I don't care. I am allowed a opinion wherever it is uncomfortable for you to hear. I care about this club as much as you even though I don't wear a suit and tie, my opinions matter the same. I care for the club deeply and I cannot go watching it die like a carcass in the dark wild.

Without any doubt, much as like Ross, we will be hot favourites for relegation next season if nothing changes.

34 minutes ago, PELE said:

Without any doubt, much as like Ross, we will be hot favourites for relegation next season if nothing changes.

I don’t think I agree with that. Considering it took ages to get anything like a settled team with basically lots of experimenting going on, we’re probably a mid table team based on recent form.  Today is the first real sore one we’ve had for ages.

From memory there are a few players signed up for next season that are the basis of a decent squad.

Edited by Cowdenleith

18 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I don’t think I agree with that. Considering it took ages to get anything like a settled team with basically lots of experimenting going on, we’re probably a mid table team based on recent form.  Today is the first real sore one we’ve had for ages.

From memory there are a few players signed up for next season that are the basis of a decent squad.

I wouldn’t say we’ll be relegated but if Ross stays I don’t see us moving much higher. We’ll sit in this 16th -12th position. 

The reality is the longer we sit like that the more chance of people not going. I’ve not been since Bo’ness away and others will be in a similar position. The football is poor, the league is boring. So there’s not much pull for those who have left to go back. 

25 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I get your point re settled team, but we are no better than the start of the season. Edinburgh and Dalbeattie will be relegated and replaced by better teams than us. We will definitely be favourites for the drop with the current squad. We offer absolutely nothing upfront.

23 minutes ago, PELE said:

I get your point re settled team, but we are no better than the start of the season. Edinburgh and Dalbeattie will be relegated and replaced by better teams than us. We will definitely be favourites for the drop with the current squad. We offer absolutely nothing upfront.

37 minutes ago, PELE said:

We have improved from the start of the season although we were poor today. The 2 teams maybe relegated but only if the Highland League champions win the play off and a Lowland League catchment team goes down from L2.

49 minutes ago, Cowden95 said:

I wouldn’t say we’ll be relegated but if Ross stays I don’t see us moving much higher. We’ll sit in this 16th -12th position. 

The reality is the longer we sit like that the more chance of people not going. I’ve not been since Bo’ness away and others will be in a similar position. The football is poor, the league is boring. So there’s not much pull for those who have left to go back. 

The reality is if crowds keep dropping we won't have a club to go to eventually. Like anything use it or lose it!

Edited by cowdenbeath

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The reality is if crowds keep dropping we won't have a club to go to eventually. Like anything use it or lose it!

You are spot on. I’ve not been for a while but crowds were definitely down from last season.

at this point I’d be surprised to see us last more than 2/3 years

6 hours ago, monthecoo said:

Spineless! Pumped by both bigot brothers' B teams AT HOME in the SAME FORTNIGHT. If you are happy because of a 0-0 draw to Tranent, a 2-0 win to Stirling Uni, a 5-0 win to Edinburgh Uni and a scrappy 1-0 win to Braves, you are part of the problem!

This cannot go on any longer. This clueless clown of a manager has to go. He has had plenty time to make it right, a few wins over bang average teams does not cut the mustard. We are 16th in the FIFTH tier for heavens sake. When will upstairs get their finger out their backside and do right thing and relieve him of his duties. If he stays for next season, we are going to be in the exact same position or worse.

I am tired of seeing the club dwindle into insignificance while it seems to me that certain people are just letting and watching it happen. Nobody can defend that performance today, we were not even in the game and it could have been more.

I do not care if it hurts certain people's feelings as they are directly involved. We need a shake up at the club, where some people need to step aside. I speak the uncomfortable TRUTH. Like it or now. We were just relegated in the SECOND tier in 2015, now sit fourth bottom in FIFTH. Someone has to be held accountable? But who is it? Despite the great work they have done, some people need to step aside in my opinion.

A certain director can come and abuse me again, I don't care. I am allowed a opinion wherever it is uncomfortable for you to hear. I care about this club as much as you even though I don't wear a suit and tie, my opinions matter the same. I care for the club deeply and I cannot go watching it die like a carcass in the dark wild.

The real uncomfortable truth is that for people to step aside, there needs to be people willing to take over. 
Are you  ?

Sadly I think that Cowden are in a death spiral. I’d probably have been classed as a die hard fan for many years but my passion for the cub  has definitely diminished considerably . I attended about 4 games early in the season but the football was terrible and the atmosphere was awful. None of the people I’d seen for years on the terracing were anywhere to be seen and nobody was shouting for the team. I felt empty inside and nothing on the pitch inspired any sense of optimism. After about seven games there was nothing to play for and the team were abysmal. 

For me, the current manager is yet another bad appointment on top of many others in recent years. Calling for the current directors to go is just daft though. They have done their best and put a lot of their own money into the club which could probably be viewed as madness. Who on earth would choose to replace them????? The club are making valiant efforts to communicate with the fan base but it’s probably too late. The local community couldn’t care less anyway. 

Glad that I have many brilliant memories from years gone past. Unless some kind of reinvention can take place by some miracle then I can’t see any future for the club. Central Park and its owners are a tombstone around its neck. 

The game yesterday was really flat. First half particularly the start of the game I felt we looked okay.

We really need to improve on creating chances and being ruthless in front of goal. Goals win football games and it's something we struggle with.

This season is definitely a season to forget and look forward to next season with the hope of getting back to winning ways.

Off the park I invited my wife's uncle who is a Celtic supporter to come to the game and grounds bar whom he brought a couple of Celtic supporters with them. They had a great day absolutely enjoyed being hosted having a few drinks in the bar. I am sure they will come back next season.

If every fan done something as simple as that every season it could make a huge difference asking some people to come a long particularly the B games or have a think about how could we plan ahead and ensure every home game is booked out for hospitality next season.

The amount of feedback I have witnessed on how well the club treats visitors at the ground is incredible and something the club can be proud off and can build on 

Edited by Cowden316

14 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Second half was really flat and fairly depressing, even Maurice was sitting quietly. I thought Cowden played well enough first half, second goal on the stroke of half time was a killer. As usual no favours from the officials, but not the reason we lost.

I’m not going to lose my sh** because we’ve lost twice at home to the B teams in the last few weeks. These lads are the best youngsters in the country, most of them getting paid close to a grand a week, hard to compete.

I want these B teams launched for next season, if it’s decided they must stay make each team’s fee something nuts like £500k to test their resolve as to how much they really want to be in the LL.

Good post. Can't believe that some fans are predicting doomsday again. Cowden were up against a better team with better players. Thinking back to our game against Dalbeatie at the start of the season, we were awful and almost lost that game. That was a big shock and the following games weren't much better.

The club are trying to rebuild a team and there aren't many players (or money) available. We've had some good years but now it's our turn to eat humble pie. Plenty other teams are struggling in higher leagues Cove,Kelty, Arbroath (who almost got up to the big league last season) and even Bonnyrigg.

We've had awful seasons in the past and recovered. If the pyramid had been introduced earlier goodness knows if we'd even have a club now.

Not everything is the managers fault, Cowden will recover from this.

33 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Good post. Can't believe that some fans are predicting doomsday again. Cowden were up against a better team with better players. Thinking back to our game against Dalbeatie at the start of the season, we were awful and almost lost that game. That was a big shock and the following games weren't much better.

The club are trying to rebuild a team and there aren't many players (or money) available. We've had some good years but now it's our turn to eat humble pie. Plenty other teams are struggling in higher leagues Cove,Kelty, Arbroath (who almost got up to the big league last season) and even Bonnyrigg.

We've had awful seasons in the past and recovered. If the pyramid had been introduced earlier goodness knows if we'd even have a club now.

Not everything is the managers fault, Cowden will recover from this.

Good points made 

All about rebuilding on and off the park.

My personal opinion of Key points and priorities for me right now below which a lot of below is already well under way with strong foundations that have been placed already 

1. Ensure Cowdenbeath F.C remains to exist safeguarding it's future 

2. Rebuilding on and off the park including building a team that is competitive that fans can be proud of

3 Maintain on building a strong community presence in the town maintaining the clubs identify 

4. Plan a roadmap timeline back to the SPFL 

5. Utilising initiatives such as Gala sportsman's events, hospitality, community fun days 

Edited by Cowden316

7 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Good points made 

All about rebuilding on and off the park.

My personal opinion of Key points and priorities for me right now below which a lot of below is already well under way with strong foundations that have been placed already 

1. Ensure Cowdenbeath F.C remains to exist safeguarding it's future 

2. Rebuilding on and off the park including building a team that is competitive that fans can be proud of

3 Maintain on building a strong community presence in the town maintaining the clubs identify 

4. Plan a roadmap timeline back to the SPFL 

5. Utilising initiatives such as Gala sportsman's events, hospitality, community fun days 

Why did we have to wait for the Celtic "huddle" before the ref could start the game, don't these guys speak to each other in the changing room? What a nonsense.