There was a coo

18 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

With Scotland playing at the same time of that game wonder what the attendance will be like

Well traditionally if Shire and Falkirk are both at home we play on the Friday night. However Falkirk are at home to Kelty on the Friday night then the Challenge Cup final (or whatever it's called now) is on the Sunday also at the Falkirk stadium. I'm guessing that's to do with Scotland v Cyprus on the Saturday at 2pm. I could be wrong but that's my guess. I don't follow international football so I'll be at Shire v Cowdenbeath myself.

43 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Well traditionally if Shire and Falkirk are both at home we play on the Friday night. However Falkirk are at home to Kelty on the Friday night then the Challenge Cup final (or whatever it's called now) is on the Sunday also at the Falkirk stadium. I'm guessing that's to do with Scotland v Cyprus on the Saturday at 2pm. I could be wrong but that's my guess. I don't follow international football so I'll be at Shire v Cowdenbeath myself.

Could have kicked off at 12, or even at 4 and showed the Scotland game in the bar in the McAllister Stand.

Playing better than the score suggests, had a number of chances, Alfie should have equalised at the back post.

Celtic’s passing is very sharp, to me they are a better footballing team than the Rangers team that were here a few weeks ago.

As for the referee today, well you know the drill….🤨

27 minutes ago, PELE said:

As has been said before, SWITCH THE TANNOY off! It's so embarrassingly bad.

Mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. Far more pressing issues but it's a genuine embarrassment how loud and shite the sound is. Turn it the f**k down.

Pointing fingers and blaming is all fine and well, but there have been plenty times directors have stated they'll happily step aside if someone wants to take their place. Therein lies the problem. It's a depressing state of affairs for absolutely everyone, of that I am sure.

The community have done absolutely nothing to help the club - only the same loyal fans/directors have kept us alive for as long as this.

7 minutes ago, sailorcowden said:

I didn't think we were that bad until we conceded and then seemed to fold like a pack of cards. Having the whole Celtic B side camped in our half with 10 to go was damning too. Poor game, hopefully move on next week.  

We wern't that bad in the opening 15 minutes or so Alfie had a decent chance at the back post with his header.

Once Celtic scored that was it more or less always felt they could have stepped up  a bit more if they really wanted to, maybe lucky for us they were happy just dominating and passing the ball around rather than going for the kill.

Bit of a similar to the game at Airdrie at the start of the season.

Second half was really flat and fairly depressing, even Maurice was sitting quietly. I thought Cowden played well enough first half, second goal on the stroke of half time was a killer. As usual no favours from the officials, but not the reason we lost.

I’m not going to lose my sh** because we’ve lost twice at home to the B teams in the last few weeks. These lads are the best youngsters in the country, most of them getting paid close to a grand a week, hard to compete.

I want these B teams launched for next season, if it’s decided they must stay make each team’s fee something nuts like £500k to test their resolve as to how much they really want to be in the LL.

Edited by Cowdenleith

1 minute ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Pointing fingers and blaming is all fine and well, but there have been plenty times directors have stated they'll happily step aside if someone wants to take their place. Therein lies the problem. It's a depressing state of affairs for absolutely everyone, of that I am sure.

The community have done absolutely nothing to help the club - only the same loyal fans/directors have kept us alive for as long as this.

Aye no one is rushing in and willing to buy the club and take over.

Cowden in the community is a good thing and they do a lot in the community but the club dosn't get much back in terms of support from the community.

Same old folk going to the games although that is dwindling, same old folk helping out and no doubt the same old folk contributing to the various fund raising schemes.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Second half was really flat and fairly depressing, even Maurice was sitting quietly. I thought Cowden played well enough first half, second goal on the stroke of half time was a killer. As usual no favours from the officials, but not the reason we lost.

I’m not going to lose my sh** because we’ve lost twice at home to the B teams in the last few weeks. These lads are the best youngsters in the country, most of them getting paid close to a grand a week, hard to compete.

I want these B teams launched for next season, if it’s decided they must stay make each team’s fee something nuts like £500k to test their resolve as to how much they really want to be in the LL.

Second goal did kill it but before that I felt Celtic could always step up a gear.

Not a fan of the B teams but 2 of our biggest league gates have been against the Glasgow 2 so I can understand why other clubs voted for them.