There was a coo

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

My experience of the Rangers fans who attended the last BU v Rangers B game was they don't know who their players are, don't offer any support, bring in a carry out and chat loudly amongst themselves about drinking, nights out and "the burds".  

Sounds delightful 🤨

@cowdenbeath Did you manage to pick up the wee 4 pager programme/team sheet from yesterday that was in the tea bar? I saw that you had asked about it on the Edinburgh Uni Twitter.

There were a bunch of them lying there, I picked up a spare so if you need it am happy to pass on to you, or if you got one happy to pass on to any other Cowden fan who wants it.

Edited by Cowdenleith

18 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

@cowdenbeath Did you manage to pick up the wee 4 pager programme/team sheet from yesterday that was in the tea bar? I saw that you had asked about it on the Edinburgh Uni Twitter.

There were a bunch of them lying there, I picked up a spare so if you need it am happy to pass on to you, or if you got one happy to pass on to any other Cowden fan who wants it.

Got mine I was in early thanks for the offer though.

After the game at the weekend should I be right in feeling a bit hope that we can pick things up and finish the season more positively? Dan looks like he will hold the ball up well and boost the other players around him. Took his goal really well. Don't want to get ahead of ourselves but for once things might be going in the right direction. 

39 minutes ago, Coobrazil said:

After the game at the weekend should I be right in feeling a bit hope that we can pick things up and finish the season more positively? Dan looks like he will hold the ball up well and boost the other players around him. Took his goal really well. Don't want to get ahead of ourselves but for once things might be going in the right direction. 

I think there’s more cause for optimism than at any time since we lost to Bonnyrigg.  The signings in recent months have brought a lot more stability, and the two new boys from last week look to be great additions.

Looking at the league table it will be difficult to get too far up the table as there is quite a gap, but I don’t think that’s as important as how we play until the end of the season.  

I imagine we will keep things tight defensively going forward (no reason we should start leaking goals all of a sudden), it’s just getting the goals at vital times in close matches that will be the test.

I’m definitely optimistic, and it feels good to have some strong players signed up for next season.

Edited by Cowdenleith

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I think there’s more cause for optimism than at any time since we lost to Bonnyrigg.  The signings in recent months have brought a lot more stability, and the two new boys from last week look to be great additions.

Looking at the league table it will be difficult to get too far up the table as there is quite a gap, but I don’t think that’s as important as how we play until the end of the season.  

I imagine we will keep things tight defensively going forward (no reason we should start leaking goals all of a sudden), it’s just getting the goals at vital times in close matches that will be the test.

I’m definitely optimistic, and it feels good to have some strong players signed up for next season.

Be good if the manager got just a wee bit of kudos for a change.

30 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Be good if the manager got just a wee bit of kudos for a change.

Yeah I’ll give Maurice credit, he seems a bit more positive overall, I liked his post match comments that were on the website, good to hear.

I was a bit slow in getting out the ground (wasn’t looking for more cake, honestly 😄) and walked past Maurice who was heading to the car park and he gave me a very cheery ‘you alright big man?’, definitely in a good mood. 

1 hour ago, therewasacoo said:

Wonder if there will be any highlights from Saturdays game, noticed there was a camera recording but there hasn’t been any highlights for past games

I didn’t notice that, was it one of these VEO cameras on a tall tripod or someone actually filming?

If it was the VEO it would probably only be for the Uni’s own use.

Isn't it a nice feeling/vibe for a change around the club just now following seeing improvements with recent results.

I think there is a lot to be more optimistic of now and hopefully can start to enjoy football again at the club.

Hopefully next season we start positively results wise and maintain this.

I have been personally critical at some points this season and was starting to feel really disillusioned but I can now feel and see the improvements. What a difference a few positive results make.

Start to Lowland League life I suppose was never going to be an easy adjustment straightaway and it's been difficult to accept we are where we are.

However there is positive signs we are improving and setting really important foundations for now and the future to get back to where we want our club to be.

If we previously had someone who could score goals frequently we would be in an entirely different league position as our goals conceded have been quite impressive and I suppose albeit results haven't went in our favor everyone is clearly working hard all the time for a winning team formula as there is obviously good organisation/structure in the squad to enable a decent goals conceded record. 

On reflection it's probably been a case of being more patient, trusting improvements will come and holding our nerve as I am optimistic we are hopefully turning a corner.

Come on the Cowden onward and upwards. As always a massive credit to everyone on and off the park to help improve and maintain the club.

15 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Isn't it a nice feeling/vibe for a change around the club just now following seeing improvements with recent results.

I think there is a lot to be more optimistic of now and hopefully can start to enjoy football again at the club.

Hopefully next season we start positively results wise and maintain this.

I have been personally critical at some points this season and was starting to feel really disillusioned but I can now feel and see the improvements. What a difference a few positive results make.

Start to Lowland League life I suppose was never going to be an easy adjustment straightaway and it's been difficult to accept we are where we are.

However there is positive signs we are improving and setting really important foundations for now and the future to get back to where we want our club to be.

If we previously had someone who could score goals frequently we would be in an entirely different league position as our goals conceded have been quite impressive and I suppose albeit results haven't went in our favor everyone is clearly working hard all the time for a winning team formula as there is obviously good organisation/structure in the squad to enable a decent goals conceded record. 

On reflection it's probably been a case of being more patient, trusting improvements will come and holding our nerve as I am optimistic we are hopefully turning a corner.

Come on the Cowden onward and upwards. As always a massive credit to everyone on and off the park to help improve and maintain the club.

Good to see the positive vibes are returning a bit. Would be great if we could somehow get some of the lost fans back on board heading towards the summer.

Speaking of goalscorers, can you imagine if we’d been able to hold onto Liam Buchanan? I know he had a bit of a beef with the manager so wasn’t going to stay, not taking sides about rights and wrongs of that relationship.

He is the sole reason that Berwick are where they are, and not down the table where we are. Been on an absolute tear since about the time he scored against us at Shielfield. Has signed up for next season with them as well I see. 

13 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

Yeah it was one of the VEO cameras just between the dugouts

Aye, there’s probably restrictions on using them for commercial purposes. I’ve seen footage from quite a few of these types of cameras, the standard varies, often looks quite far away, still would have been nice to see the goals.

5 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I didn’t notice that, was it one of these VEO cameras on a tall tripod or someone actually filming?

If it was the VEO it would probably only be for the Uni’s own use.

Never seen them doing highlights must be for their own use as you say

Rangers needed a 93rd minute goal to defeat Gretna 2-1 tonight at home.

Not sure if their team tonight was the strongest or not, quite a lot of familiar names so I think it was relatively so.

Lets get up and at them on Saturday, the boys will have some confidence from recent results, no reason we cannot take something from this game if we defend as well as we normally do.

I see young Ryan One scored the winner for Hamilton tonight. Can we make a cheeky offer to Hamilton and get him on loan for next season (or now if it is permitted) 😀. I am sure Armand will put in a good word.