There was a coo

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Not seen anything about a pitch inspection for today’s game, so fingers crossed no problems. A bit of rain forecast from early afternoon onwards for the Cowdenbeath area though. 😬

I have noticed there are a few games with inspections in the next hour like Bonnyrigg down my way and Dundee and Brechin further north.

Definitely be fine at Cowden today 

14 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

They look a fine side, probably kept a wee bit in reserve on Wednesday knowing they would win comfortably.

But they will be up against a different beast tomorrow, hungry to topple the title challengers. I’ve not been drinking tonight, yet.

Hopefully the Uni will have their mind on the match next week when they play Dundee United in the cup and we can shock them. 

Crazy, we are hoping to get a shock win against a Uni team 😃.

27 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Best team in the league IMO.

I agree.

If you had said years ago that we could look into the future and that we would have a match in early January 2023 against them, most fans would be thinking great, it must be Scottish Cup 4th round. Easy win and possible money spinner in next round. Erm no, you are already out the cup and it's a Lowland League match 😔

2 hours ago, PELE said:

Hopefully the Uni will have their mind on the match next week when they play Dundee United in the cup and we can shock them. 

Crazy, we are hoping to get a shock win against a Uni team 😃.

A workmate who is a big Utd fan said a week or so back that he was quite concerned about the cup tie. 😬

As for today, the weather in Fife is, well, changeable 🤣

We seemed more up for that today, first to a lot of balls which restricted Stirling a lot.  Could have scored more but not going to complain about anything after that.  Stirling defence and keeper looked very uncomfortable with the conditions which we handled well.

Amazing contrast to the away game where we barely touched the ball.  Thanks as well to the Stirling fan who gave us much amusement.

Amazingly, only 3 teams, Tranent, Spartans and Stirling have conceded fewer goals than us this season.

Edited by UsedToGoToCentralPark

Have we finally turned the corner? The last two games have seen the players battling for the manager, the fans and each other. In foul conditions, both teams served up a pretty decent game. We played very well first half to limit Stirling to so few opportunities with the Gale behind them, and made better use of the conditions in the second. The only quibble I have is that as soon as we scored we went into game management see it out mode. If the world cup showed anything it was the folly of trying to sit on a lead. Argentina twice couldn't even defend a two goal lead. Surely better with that gale behind us, to try and keep them penned in their own half. Anyway, all's well that ends well. No failures today and it makes a nice change to leave the ground happy.

Absolutely delighted with the result. Massive well done to the players on a horrible day. Pitch looked like it held up well.

I’m sure like others I felt that if we could see out the first half level we had a great chance of taking something from the game, such was the wind advantage.  While Stirling had huge pressure in the first half I felt we created more chances in the second when we had the wind, than they had created in the first.

Not singling anyone out today, as a total team effort but had no complaints about the man of the match going to Dan.

Watched the whole game from the old stand and it was interesting to hear the musings of Maurice Ross 🤔 Not greatly impressed with the berating he gave to a ball boy second half for giving the ball back too quickly to a Stirling player for his liking, though I thought the laddie had done his best to waste a few seconds already.

I felt that losing that game at Berwick where we completely controlled the match for 75 minutes sent us into a bit of a downward spiral, hopefully this result will give us the confidence to have a good last few months of the season.

Enjoyed the game although it was nail-biting at times. Stirling couldn't cope with high balls for some reason and some of their passing was poor. Not the performance expected.We could have scored more second half.

Was worried when I heard Davo was missing but our defenders did well.

We finally started a game kicking towards the Chapel Street end and what a difference. It's a pity we hadn't done that earlier.

Whatever the manager had said to the players worked.

It was interesting to read Maurice’s column in the programme where he mentioned Carlos Lyon, Harry Osborne and Layton Bisland having recently left the club.

He then went on to thank Harry and Layton for their efforts and wish them future success.

Saucer of milk for Maurice? 🤔😆

41 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

It was interesting to read Maurice’s column in the programme where he mentioned Carlos Lyon, Harry Osborne and Layton Bisland having recently left the club.

He then went on to thank Harry and Layton for their efforts and wish them future success.

Saucer of milk for Maurice? 🤔😆

That's a bit of an error when typing it up no blame on Maurice. I'm sure he wishes him well

31 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

I liked the section in the programme where they said about being told how to suck eggs from Tranent 😂😂.

Yeah, good article.

Tranent did seem to have this kind of entourage of similarly dressed sort of official type people, a bit pompous.  

They were fairly surly to begin with, presumably as they didn’t get their way about the pitch, and a couple of them got growingly irritable as the game went on when they couldn’t score.

Some of their fans in front of us were very nice though.