There was a coo

14 minutes ago, Highland ITFC said:

Just saw that Peterhead has taken Layton Bisland on loan. Wasn't he with you guys & not particularly highly rated at LL level? Seems a bit of a step up to L1 if so.

That is more than a bit of a surprise.

I think opinion on him was a bit polarised, some people thought he struggled big time, I thought there were signs that there might be a player in there at times, was solid in the heart of the defence his last game against Tranent on Hogmanay.

1 hour ago, Highland ITFC said:

Just saw that Peterhead has taken Layton Bisland on loan. Wasn't he with you guys & not particularly highly rated at LL level? Seems a bit of a step up to L1 if so.

He looked like he had found his level, near the bottom of Lowland League. Poor decision making most of the time. Only alright in a few games . Maybe he just didn't fancy playing for us. As you will know, some players raise their game to the level they play at.

30 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

I have just seen it too. Gobsmacked is the word, the boy was out of his depth in the Lowland League with us.

He got sent off in his first match for us, signed on the Friday night, sent off on Saturday afternoon. 

He had two games with us, Gretna at home and Tranent at home.

Shocking attitude at points, away at Caley Braves at night, he had gave up running after losing possession, I shouted come on Layton and he muttered something at me. 

Maybe Robertson can get something out of him that Maurice did not, but I really doubt it.

He is an imposter. Peterhead can't afford to play someone that poor in their team.

18 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I see Zander Murray signed by Bonnyrigg.

First openly gay footballer in the SPFL so good luck to him as shares a dressing room with Dean Brett who was disciplined by the SFA when at Cowden for homophobic tweets.

Dean Brett has said a lot of dumb things on Twitter, and still continues to.

8 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

He is an imposter. Peterhead can't afford to play someone that poor in their team.

I fail to believe that Bisland is as bad as some of you have made out.

According to a bio I found, he came up through the Utd youth ranks and signed a pro contract with them when he turned 16, and then signed a 2 year extension in 2021.

I can’t see that Utd would sign a lad that they knew very well from a young age to a pro deal, and then extend him later as well if he was truly pish.  They will have seen him from a youth and compared him to others all through the years he developed.

He must have some talent, maybe. 😀

11 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

An imposter is a bit harsh and strong worded on a lad who is 18. 

Dundee utd and the lad wanted to test himself higher than lowland league rightly or wrongly. 

He was a good lad and integrated well with the group. He has developed well from his time at cowden. Good luck to him.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

That is more than a bit of a surprise.

I think opinion on him was a bit polarised, some people thought he struggled big time, I thought there were signs that there might be a player in there at times, was solid in the heart of the defence his last game against Tranent on Hogmanay.

Was he number 5 alongside Davidson then?

If so he had a good game against top of the league.

A few comments on here about the boy just highlight how little some posters know about football. 

1 minute ago, 1GregStewart said:

Was he number 5 alongside Davidson then?

If so he had a good game against top of the league.

A few comments on here about the boy just highlight how little some posters know about football. 

Yeah he was number 5. Played well in game composed and positionally was excellent. Probably his best game. 18 and needed mens football to learn that he did. Maybe league 1 a big step as some others have said however that's up to his club and player to choose the lads next step in his development.

Lowland to league 1 is a big jump in terms of opposition.

1 minute ago, NELLY 1 said:

Yeah he was number 5. Played well in game composed and positionally was excellent. Probably his best game. 18 and needed mens football to learn that he did. Maybe league 1 a big step as some others have said however that's up to his club and player to choose the lads next step in his development.

Lowland to league 1 is a big jump in terms of opposition.

18 is very young for a centre half so time is well on his side to develop. 

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

Looking towards tomorrow’s game I just noticed that the scorer of the hat trick in Stirling’s 4-0 win on Wednesday night was one of the centre halfs, neutralise him and it’ll be a breeze. 😆

They have quite a few regular scorers.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

They have quite a few regular scorers.

1 minute ago, monthecoo said:

McGill that scores a lot for them and he was on the bench on Wednesday. Makes me think he will be up top tomorrow 😐.

They look a fine side, probably kept a wee bit in reserve on Wednesday knowing they would win comfortably.

But they will be up against a different beast tomorrow, hungry to topple the title challengers. I’ve not been drinking tonight, yet.

Not seen anything about a pitch inspection for today’s game, so fingers crossed no problems. A bit of rain forecast from early afternoon onwards for the Cowdenbeath area though. 😬

I have noticed there are a few games with inspections in the next hour like Bonnyrigg down my way and Dundee and Brechin further north.

Edited by Cowdenleith