There was a coo

On 09/01/2023 at 14:49, Cowdenleith said:

Can’t make it over sadly tomorrow, sure not the only one.

Be good if someone could post a wee summary of any more important points in the following days, just a quick update for those that can’t make it.

I think there might have been an update of some sort either on here or in the subsequent match programme after the previous meeting, can’t quite remember. 🤔

A wee summary would be great. I'm on my way back up the road but the trains haven't been kind with the rain (don't think my wife would have been happy either if I went to a football meeting too mind!)

Away from the senior team, I liked the tweet today about the Cowden in the Community/Blue Brazil boys club link up. 

I was really pleased to see that there are 40 girls now training, with a view to starting teams next season. Just a pity we live too far away, would love to see my daughter strapping on the goalie gloves for the Blue Brazil. 😀

Overall now 210 boys/girls playing at youth level, that’s great.

On 09/01/2023 at 14:31, monthecoo said:

Really need a win in these next two home games. Anything less than 3 points out of 6 will be extremely concerning.

Without stating the obvious, Saturday is going to be a helluva tough match, Stirling Uni are 3-0 up at Peffermill this evening and not even half time.   I drove past about half an hour before the game started, there hardly seemed a soul about. 

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

I can't see us getting anything on Saturday, they could be best of the rest when you exclude the B teams at the end of season. I saw their big lad upfront McGill was on the bench tonight and they hammered Edinburgh Uni, he has always been very impressive when I have seen them against us and other games. I think their creativity will be too much for us plus they have lads that can put it in the net. I would like to see them win the league as they are best we have played in my opinion but I think they might just will come up shortly, sadly.

The attendance will be low at the weekend too, from analysis of their away attendances they seem to bring very little. Again not good for us, when we rely on gate money. That's why I always buy as much as I can on a matchday, especially against teams like this.

For me, Hearts B is a must win, if we cannot beat them at home, who can we beat? But you are right, Saturday against Stirling Uni will be difficult to get any points from, sadly.

I don’t suppose there will be a big crowd, though looking at a question on Cowden Twitter there will be at least one away fan (well, parent/fan) and her dog. 😀   

Hope we can pull of a wee surprise, gave Tranent a tough game and they were on a good run at the time, hopefully can do the same with the students, who are clearly a fine team.

I imagine punters would be in the Peffermill tea room before the game starts sampling the excellent home baking. Usually these midweek games attract a few floating fans.

I live nearby and was going to go but fell asleep after work and as it was blowing a hoolie I couldn't be arsed in the end (getting auld!)

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Pretty solid signing for Dalbeattie anyway I wouldn’t take him here but for them its good, bryan gilfillan making use of his old contacts can see a few others going to them

Local paper down here today says The Star are looking to sign 5 players.

What's Colin Harris and Graeme Brown up to these days? Brown always seemed to score against the QOS. maybe need to get him fit.

2 hours ago, monthecoo said:

What are the odds in him scoring against us in the rearranged fixture? I think they will finish 18th. I cannot see where Edinburgh Uni will pick up points. Oh I remember, they have to play us!

Bound to score against us.