There was a coo

I see Gianni Infantino has proposed that each country should name a stadium after Pele. Cape Verde were the first to re-name their national stadium.

Should Cowden offer to re-name Central Park as maybe Pele Central Park? Or Central Pele Park etc? 😀

13 minutes ago, PELE said:

I see Gianni Infantino has proposed that each country should name a stadium after Pele. Cape Verde were the first to re-name their national stadium.

Should Cowden offer to re-name Central Park as maybe Pele Central Park? Or Central Pele Park etc? 😀

I think it would be entirely fitting. 😆

On 03/01/2023 at 23:54, Brazilianlex said:

Have to suspect that Maxwell and Doncaster would explore every avenue to prevent a Uni team entering the SPFL. Not good for the brand.

...while Albion Rovers do wonders for it? Anything that happens below the Championship barely even registers with most people so doubt it matters that much. The lower two divisions of the SPFL are only there because the voting structure makes it impossible to jettison them.

15 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

A fair point I was too young to really remember what the SFL was like with two big leagues but it must have been similar to where we are now.

I believe one of the reasons for them changing things was meaningless games.

Four games a season against SPFL sides is repetitive but with the leagues being small everyone has something to play for at either end.

Also in the LL the stop start nature of playing a cluster of games including midweeks then nothing for a few weeks dosn’t help things.

Having weeks off means fans find things to do and makes it easier to drift away.

Couple of good points that add to the problem of trying to keep people interested.

By early September this season was done for Cowden bar a miracle at either end whereas even in a losing team there has been something on almost every game for the last x years.  It didn’t help that the Cowden team in my opinion wasn’t a competitive team, luckily this season at least there are a couple even less competitive with frequent school level score lines.

The number of blank Saturdays does get you used to not going.  Others will say a good cup run takes care of that but from my own point of view the cups are whoopy do other than the chance of a proper big draw in the Scottish if you can get beyond Christmas which will likely never happen again.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Wonder what the chances of Saturday’s game at Dalbeattie being on.

Heavy rain forecast there for Saturday morning.

Hadn’t considered that, just saw the higher temps and thought we’ll be in business.  Looks like a mixture of sunny spells and heavy showers on the app I use.

Quite fancy a wee day trip, working on the missus to convince her! The distance is no problem as we used to do quite long distance speedway trips back and up on the same day like Workington which is a bit further. Not in mid winter mind you 🤔

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Hadn’t considered that, just saw the higher temps and thought we’ll be in business.  Looks like a mixture of sunny spells and heavy showers on the app I use.

Quite fancy a wee day trip, working on the missus to convince her! The distance is no problem as we used to do quite long distance speedway trips back and up on the same day like Workington which is a bit further. Not in mid winter mind you 🤔

You’ll find Dalbeattie a lot lot closer and more pleasing to the eye than Workington these days 

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Wonder what the chances of Saturday’s game at Dalbeattie being on.

Heavy rain forecast there for Saturday morning.

It's been raining in Dalbeattie most of thursday , but its to be dry friday with a good drying wind. To rain again Saturday morning. Seemingly the pitch is a bit soft but it has been forked this week. It will be a case of wait and see on saturday morning.

36 minutes ago, Sermani said:

It's been raining in Dalbeattie most of thursday , but its to be dry friday with a good drying wind. To rain again Saturday morning. Seemingly the pitch is a bit soft but it has been forked this week. It will be a case of wait and see on saturday morning.

It’s been peeing down here since late afternoon , hopefully Saturday will be ok down there.

4 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Anyone know if there is seating at Dalbeattie?

The problem with sitting in the wee stand is you have 4 big supports obstructing the view.  Better view pitch side.   

Nice wee club up the stairs for a beer.    

Enjoyed my visit to Dalbeattie. Warm welcome when the BU were down there last season.

3 hours ago, annan4eva said:

You’ll find Dalbeattie a lot lot closer and more pleasing to the eye than Workington these days 

Yeah, Workington’s not the prettiest town for sure, but some of the countryside around it is lovely and it’s a nice drive from Carlisle.  Hope to get down on Saturday if weather behaves.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Workington is a good old school ground but the place is drab.

From memory the football ground is just over the back from the speedway/rugby league ground? I think I peeked into the football ground at one point, a lot smaller, and it maybe also had a dog track as well.  Both grounds have seen better days for sure. 😬

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

From memory the football ground is just over the back from the speedway/rugby league ground? I think I peeked into the football ground at one point, a lot smaller, and it maybe also had a dog track as well.  Both grounds have seen better days for sure. 😬

Aye just across the road. No dog track.

I was trying to look back at the news archive articles on the club website, normally you can look back at many years, but at the moment there are only 48 pages going back to the start of 21/22 season. 

Could anyone check if they are getting the same or just a problem for me viewing, be sad if they were gone for good 😌 

51 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I was trying to look back at the news archive articles on the club website, normally you can look back at many years, but at the moment there are only 48 pages going back to the start of 21/22 season. 

Could anyone check if they are getting the same or just a problem for me viewing, be sad if they were gone for good 😌 

48 with me as well, @The_Pit_Owns maybe able to advise why.