There was a coo

2 minutes ago, PELE said:

Probably a silly question, but if Uni of Stirling were to win the league, are they able to be promoted (if they were to win the play-offs of course)?

Yes, they play at Forthbank so no stadium issues, and they have an SFA License just like every other club in the LL.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, they play at Forthbank so no stadium issues, and they have an SFA License just like every other club in the LL.

Have to suspect that Maxwell and Doncaster would explore every avenue to prevent a Uni team entering the SPFL. Not good for the brand.

Saturday’s opponents Dalbeattie Star lost 10-0 at Caledonian Braves tonight.

Looking at their team line up it looked broadly similar to the team that only lost 1-0 to Gretna on Saturday, including Mason McCready who I thought was a decent keeper for us early season.  Must be brutal picking the ball out your net 10 times.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Saturday’s opponents Dalbeattie Star lost 10-0 at Caledonian Braves tonight.

Looking at their team line up it looked broadly similar to the team that only lost 1-0 to Gretna on Saturday, including Mason McCready who I thought was a decent keeper for us early season.  Must be brutal picking the ball out your net 10 times.

We have been there !

19 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

We are like any other club fans will only return if we are winning on a regular basis.

No matter what league you are in folk come out to see a winning team.

I’m not even sure it is all about winning.  I’ve watched Cowden lose week after week for years but theres very little entertainment in any game Cowden have played this season and that is what is making me less inclined to go to matches.  A lot of the opposition are just as bad.

1 hour ago, wulliemc said:

I’m not even sure it is all about winning.  I’ve watched Cowden lose week after week for years but theres very little entertainment in any game Cowden have played this season and that is what is making me less inclined to go to matches.  A lot of the opposition are just as bad.

True Willie you want to be entertained.

Still think if we were winning more regularly and challenging at top end more folk would come.

3 hours ago, wulliemc said:

I think a big part of it is the league we are in. You put together a few wins and it doesn’t change anything. There’s very little to play for in this league unless you are at the top end of it. 

A lot of the fans I have spoken to haven’t been back since we went down. The initial novelty of playing different teams has worn off and most people can see the lowland league is boring. 

45 minutes ago, Cowden95 said:

I think a big part of it is the league we are in. You put together a few wins and it doesn’t change anything. There’s very little to play for in this league unless you are at the top end of it. 

A lot of the fans I have spoken to haven’t been back since we went down. The initial novelty of playing different teams has worn off and most people can see the lowland league is boring. 

A fair point I was too young to really remember what the SFL was like with two big leagues but it must have been similar to where we are now.

I believe one of the reasons for them changing things was meaningless games.

Four games a season against SPFL sides is repetitive but with the leagues being small everyone has something to play for at either end.

Also in the LL the stop start nature of playing a cluster of games including midweeks then nothing for a few weeks dosn’t help things.

Having weeks off means fans find things to do and makes it easier to drift away.