There was a coo

Just had a wee nosey around Tranent social media pages and saw that the supporters club have a bus coming over, fully booked by the looks of things.   Not sure if it’s a wee coach or a full sizer but good all the same to see some away fans.  

We might even get 13 year old ultras, drums and pyro. 😆

1 hour ago, PELE said:

That's a bad road for flooding. The water runs onto it and it takes ages to clear.

I would bet on the match being on tomorrow. It has been breezy and clear for quite a bit of the day and only light rain, if any, is forecast from now until tomorrow afternoon. The wind is supposed to fade by tomorrow as well.

Will we have a minute's silence or applause tomorrow as a mark of respect for the great Pele?

With it being plus temperatures over night I reckon it would be on.

16 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Just had a wee nosey around Tranent social media pages and saw that the supporters club have a bus coming over, fully booked by the looks of things.   Not sure if it’s a wee coach or a full sizer but good all the same to see some away fans.  

We might even get 13 year old ultras, drums and pyro. 😆

I’m sure they will bring a good few by car as well, with Celtic beating Rangers today Tranent can go top of the league.

It will be a novelty having a decent amount of away fans again,

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

I’m sure they will bring a good few by car as well, with Celtic beating Rangers today Tranent can go top of the league.

It will be a novelty having a decent amount of away fans again,

So they can, had overlooked that. They look a very good team.

I was told that although they took 8 off Edinburgh Uni, half the uni team had already gone home for the holidays. Not sure of the truth in that, but would put the score line in some perspective if true.

51 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

With it being plus temperatures over night I reckon it would be on.

Is it not bad over there then Andy? It’s been pishing it down in Midlothian since yesterday. Nitten is off tonight and there’s flooding around Bonnyrigg & Lasswade. Apparently the city bypass has just been a car park most of the day.

Just wondering about getting the train over there tomorrow but might need to get the tickets tonight as it’s a 1pm ko and there’s some daft thing about allowing 2hrs before picking them up at the station. Could always just pay the full rate I suppose 😂
Have to question Jamie’s sanity, off to Anfield tonight 😜

2 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Is it not bad over there then Andy? It’s been pishing it down in Midlothian since yesterday. Nitten is off tonight and there’s flooding around Bonnyrigg & Lasswade. Apparently the city bypass has just been a car park most of the day.

Just wondering about getting the train over there tomorrow but might need to get the tickets tonight as it’s a 1pm ko and there’s some daft thing about allowing 2hrs before picking them up at the station. Could always just pay the full rate I suppose 😂
Have to question Jamie’s sanity, off to Anfield tonight 😜

It’s been not too bad since midday was really heavy in the morning.

As mentioned our pitch is a good drainer.

Jamies mad😀

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It’s been not too bad since midday was really heavy in the morning.

As mentioned our pitch is a good drainer.

Jamies mad😀

Like that in the east of Edinburgh as well, it actually brightened up in the afternoon and we got out for a good walk, though really strong wind.

If the wind is the same in Fife and doesn’t go down, then whoever is shooting towards the high street end could be pinging it in from far out.

Midlothian must have kept all the rain this afternoon, thanks for that. 😀

Edited by Cowdenleith

Perhaps Jamie's hoping to go to Anfield often enough that he'll nick his own wallet back...

I've had a bad cough for a fortnight so it might be the Council facility at Ainslie Park for me tomorrow just for ease otherwise Central Park would have been a good trip.

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

Perhaps Jamie's hoping to go to Anfield often enough that he'll nick his own wallet back...

I've had a bad cough for a fortnight so it might be the Council facility at Ainslie Park for me tomorrow just for ease otherwise Central Park would have been a good trip.

Should be a cracking derby tomorrow at Ainslie Park.

Not the prettiest game but Cowden competing well, and would say they had marginally the better of the first half.

Just like the Bo’ness game, players getting caught offside by quite wide margins, this week Cunningham at least twice, if he had timed his runs better could have been in. It’s so frustrating them doing the same thing over and over.

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I doubt Cowden had any thoughts it wouldn’t be playable or they would have had an earlier inspection.

Presumably it’s just the referee has arrived as normal and said all ok.

The pitch was playable this morning. It was playable at kick off. No need for a pitch inspection. 

Tranent turned up and didn't fancy it so started moaning about the pitch. 

The boys battled well and absolutely deserved their point. Tranent upped their game at the start of the second half, but there was never the barrage I expected of a team who could have gone top of the league with a win.  Maybe they psyched themselves out moaning about the pitch, but it seemed completely fine from afar.

They had a lot of fans through, but they were all very quiet on the whole, (drummer lad up the other end apart).

Davo was given man of the match, but for me it was Danny Farrell, rock solid, held onto a couple of long range shots that could have been trouble if spilled, and turned one round the post second half that I reckon was going in bottom corner.

I thought the referee was trying his best to coax a Tranent win, but then he evened things up with a fairly soft sending off for Kane O’Connor, and I was waiting for him to point to the spot for them for the challenge right at the death, I was worried there.

All in all, a good point, I’d have taken that before the match.