Jump to content

There was a coo


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

We had three players suspended - Sinclair, Love and Thomson. 

There was a virus hit the club and we had to cancel training on Thursday.  Armstrong and Davidson were unable to play and 2 or 3 others weren’t 100%.  The one match suspension for cautions for three players all kick in 14 days after their 5th caution.  If we had had games every Saturday they would not all have been out for the same match

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, weanjohnson said:

Ended up ironically being more dire to watch in the second half than the first. Mo Ross chucked the toys out the pram by bringing Ruddy off, it was a shocking mistake but one you'll only make once in a game if not a blue moon.

Farrell done alright when he came on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Danny saved us on a few occasions in the second half. Otherwise it would have been worse. He is a good keeper.

Carlos really had to score the chance he had in the first half. He hasn't really had many great opportunities in front of goal, but he was clean through with the keeper off his line and he could have placed into either corner or curled it in etc., but he basically passed it weakly straight to a relieved keeper.

Thought our luck might have been in when Gretna missed the penalty, but not to be.

What was the attendance? Looked about 70 or 80.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Good to meet up with Drifter today.

Likewise pal. Shame I didn't get to celebrate a goal. I thought one might come towards the end but a combination of over-hit crosses and wayward finishing put paid to that. Blind Paul and Karl ended up getting back about midnight but we all had a top day. Hopefully I can return before the end of the season. If not, see you at Gretna again next season!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PELE said:

Danny saved us on a few occasions in the second half. Otherwise it would have been worse. He is a good keeper.

Carlos really had to score the chance he had in the first half. He hasn't really had many great opportunities in front of goal, but he was clean through with the keeper off his line and he could have placed into either corner or curled it in etc., but he basically passed it weakly straight to a relieved keeper.

Thought our luck might have been in when Gretna missed the penalty, but not to be.

What was the attendance? Looked about 70 or 80.

I did a rough count for my blind mate and guessed between 80-100. No more than that though. Talking to one of the Gretna folk before the game, he said the last game (albeit a cup match) saw a crowd of just 69 and they've often struggled to exceed a ton this year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't get Mo's reaction with Ruddy yesterday, he has been one of our best player's this season. Mo's behaviour to players is questionable at best. If I was a player, I would not play my best if I am getting spoken like that. He called Alfie a "useless lanky c**t" in the home game against Gretna, which I still can't get over. He called Carlos "you're just a waste of space" against Stirling Uni. Seems odd to me as they are 3 of best players this season. These are not isolated incidents, he's loses off with language and behaviour that isn't really acceptable. We are all annoyed above our 16th league position, but you still have treat the players like humans and with respect and dignity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PELE said:

Danny saved us on a few occasions in the second half. Otherwise it would have been worse. He is a good keeper.

Carlos really had to score the chance he had in the first half. He hasn't really had many great opportunities in front of goal, but he was clean through with the keeper off his line and he could have placed into either corner or curled it in etc., but he basically passed it weakly straight to a relieved keeper.

Thought our luck might have been in when Gretna missed the penalty, but not to be.

What was the attendance? Looked about 70 or 80.

I counted 110 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

I don't get Mo's reaction with Ruddy yesterday, he has been one of our best player's this season. Mo's behaviour to players is questionable at best. If I was a player, I would not play my best if I am getting spoken like that. He called Alfie a "useless lanky c**t" in the home game against Gretna, which I still can't get over. He called Carlos "you're just a waste of space" against Stirling Uni. Seems odd to me as they are 3 of best players this season. These are not isolated incidents, he's loses off with language and behaviour that isn't really acceptable. We are all annoyed above our 16th league position, but you still have treat the players like humans and with respect and dignity. 

That’s not the best of ideas suggesting that players don’t play their best!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

That’s not the best of ideas suggesting that players don’t play their best!

Well if my employer called me a "useless lanky c**t", I would tend not to invest as much of myself for the job, or just leave the workplace entirely! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

I don't get Mo's reaction with Ruddy yesterday, he has been one of our best player's this season. Mo's behaviour to players is questionable at best. If I was a player, I would not play my best if I am getting spoken like that. He called Alfie a "useless lanky c**t" in the home game against Gretna, which I still can't get over. He called Carlos "you're just a waste of space" against Stirling Uni. Seems odd to me as they are 3 of best players this season. These are not isolated incidents, he's loses off with language and behaviour that isn't really acceptable. We are all annoyed above our 16th league position, but you still have treat the players like humans and with respect and dignity. 

Just after Gretna's goal, I was stood in the corner near where the players come off the pitch and Ross stormed past down the sideline, fuming.

I said 'Come on, Maurice'. He didn't look. 'Chin up!'

'What the f**k can you do about that' came the abrupt reply

'Well, it's up to you to do sumat about it' I replied, as he carried off in a huff.

By that I meant possibly step things up a bit in the second half, not haul a previously reliable keeper due to one blunder.

Even me blind mate looked at us with an expression that said 'That was a bit odd'!

I get that he's frustrated, but the knee-jerk reactions and antics certainly can't be good for team spirit

Edited by Drifter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Just after Gretna's goal, I was stood in the corner near where the players come off the pitch and Ross stormed past down the sideline, fuming.

I said 'Come on, Maurice'. He didn't look. 'Chin up!'

'What the f**k can you do about that' came the abrupt reply

'Well, it's up to you to do sumat about it' I replied, as he carried off in a huff.

By that I meant possibly step things up a bit in the second half, not haul a previously reliable keeper due to one blunder.

Even me blind mate looked at us with an expression that said 'That was a bit odd'!

I get that he's frustrated, but the knee-jerk reactions and antics certainly can't be good for team spirit

Lol - I actually observed the tail end of that as I was at the toilet - my bladder is my downfall honestly! You never said anything out of line, I got what you meant, it was him. But you gave it back in a fair proportion as he went silent for a bit when he came back out. Does make you think if he is willing to say that to his own supporters, what he says to players elsewhere?

I would not take personally mate, I think he can see the writing on the wall and alongside his fragile ego, he will take his frustrations out on anyone. The difference between him and us, we will still be here for the club when he is long gone. 

Some nice folk at Gretna, not a lot might have stuck with the phoenix club but they are decent people that care for their local team who are there. I enjoyed talking to them yesterday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

Well if my employer called me a "useless lanky c**t", I would tend not to invest as much of myself for the job, or just leave the workplace entirely! 

Well if things were that bad at your work you would either chuck the job and leave or look for another one.

I was more making the point it’s a bleak enough season as it is without players downing tools.

Edited by cowdenbeath
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Is Saturday’s game likely to be in doubt? Forecast doesn’t look good. 

I was thinking this. It's expected to be -1 overnight, along with 1pm kickoff, not sure if it will be enough time for the pitch to thaw out. I think there will be a pitch inspection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...