There was a coo

On 08/11/2022 at 14:11, monthecoo said:

I hear all the Livingston United players are wanting to walk out as Goodwillie played as a trialist at the weekend for them. I wondered if Chris will be coming back?

They had plenty of players at their training on Tuesday. Some will leave because the manager is away. If they didn't like goodwillie they would surely have left when he had been training with them for weeks.

3 hours ago, alan862 said:

They had plenty of players at their training on Tuesday. Some will leave because the manager is away. If they didn't like goodwillie they would surely have left when he had been training with them for weeks.

Seen their manager was away.

On 09/11/2022 at 12:22, cowdenbeath said:

If folk can’t be arsed watching us in Cowdenbeath we would end up with  even less playing in Kelty,

You would maybe get away playing at Hill of Beath as it’s more or less part of the town.

As a resident of, I'd say Cowdenbeath is more or less a part of HoB! 

There's no solution to it, but Cowdenbeath will continue to die for as long as they play at central Park in its current configuration, there can't be many worse places to watch football in Scotland, not hear to gloat, but it's desperately poor with such small crowds rattling around so far away from the pitch, how can you hope to entice the next generation of fans? 

A good mate of mine took his two boys to a game last weekend, left at half time because they weren't interested. 

HoB is right next door and it's a cracking small venue, ideally for Cowdenbeath they would almost merge but keep all there history etc, but what would be in it for the Haws? If I were them and they are reading the lie of the land they probably fancy there chances of passing Cowdenbeath up the structure. 

There's no obvious solution to Cowdenbeaths woes, the best of luck in the future, there's a few good Cowden posters on PnB. 

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

There's no solution to it, but Cowdenbeath will continue to die for as long as they play at central Park in its current configuration, there can't be many worse places to watch football in Scotland, not hear to gloat, but it's desperately poor with such small crowds rattling around so far away from the pitch, how can you hope to entice the next generation of fans? 

A good mate of mine took his two boys to a game last weekend, left at half time because they weren't interested. 

HoB is right next door and it's a cracking small venue, ideally for Cowdenbeath they would almost merge but keep all there history etc, but what would be in it for the Haws? If I were them and they are reading the lie of the land they probably fancy there chances of passing Cowdenbeath up the structure. 

There's no obvious solution to Cowdenbeaths woes, the best of luck in the future, there's a few good Cowden posters on PnB. 

I was using HOB in the context of somewhere in the town boundary as opposed to Kelty,

I agree with you  re CP far too big and past it’s sell by date, probably was when I started watching us 50 years ago.

Need a small compact ground the size of HOB or Kelty, get an atmosphere and no doubt lower running costs.

You been to Cove? Don’t bother unless you are 7ft tall.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

You been to Cove? Don’t bother unless you are 7ft tall.

I haven't, looking at the pictures it seems OK enough? What's so bad about it? 

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was using HOB in the context of somewhere in the town boundary as opposed to Kelty,

I agree with you  re CP far too big and past it’s sell by date, probably was when I started watching us 50 years ago.

Need a small compact ground the size of HOB or Kelty, get an atmosphere and no doubt lower running costs.

Atmosphere is a big one, I'm not saying that it needs to be popping off every week, but if you banged Cowdenbeaths 300 fans into HoB it would feel like a good amount, an occasion when you went there. 

Despite that I don't beleive a ground share really works, if you become homeless what is there to entice the next set of fans across? You'd be as well as supporting the team that owns the stadium, East Stirling are a warning to all. 

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Atmosphere is a big one, I'm not saying that it needs to be popping off every week, but if you banged Cowdenbeaths 300 fans into HoB it would feel like a good amount, an occasion when you went there. 

Despite that I don't beleive a ground share really works, if you become homeless what is there to entice the next set of fans across? You'd be as well as supporting the team that owns the stadium, East Stirling are a warning to all. 

Ballingry to far away for Cowden fans ? Can't imagine they all stay in cowdenbeath ?

52 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Ground shares are pish as you say you would you be as well watching the team who plays there.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I.e. “there can’t be many grounds where watching football is so bad” or something like that.
Well I’ve been to Cove’s ground several times, it’s poor for spectators for the level they are playing at.

Only SPFL ground I’ve not got to as I wasn’t keeping well the season we played them.

12 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Original post slagging off CP. Just trying to explain that there are other grounds that aren’t too clever.

It's not brilliant, but it's serviceable enough. 

Comparing Cove to Cowdenbeath is silly though, they've got a backer who's wealthy enough to bring them success through those means, is there enough getting put into the infrastructure to stop them dropping like a stone? Who knows. 

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

It's not brilliant, but it's serviceable enough. 

Comparing Cove to Cowdenbeath is silly though, they've got a backer who's wealthy enough to bring them success through those means, is there enough getting put into the infrastructure to stop them dropping like a stone? Who knows. 

They have several backers I believe.

Good luck to Cowden today and the travelling fans, I’ve got this annoying knack of having to miss the closest games to me as down south visiting my elderly Mum. 😬

Will be a tough game as recently CSS have been going well, but they did concede 3 at Caledonian Braves midweek, whereas we got closer the midweek before.  

Another tight game and nick it like at EK would do nicely.