There was a coo

20 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

To be fair, I think most folk have agreed that if we hadn’t had to basically sign a lot of bodies quickly in July and had played the whole season with the team that we had after new year, we would have been more of a mid table team (points collected per game backs that up).

So over the piece we were nowhere near relegation candidates.

We wouldn't actually. The points per game from the new year would still have us in 15th. No better league position wise.

I would say we were only marginally better after Christmas. We were still terrible in a lot of the games after that and remember, we were playing twice a week for the first few months, three B teams away and the tough League Cup games amongst those. All with a new team. So I would say nothing improved. Some of the players got better, but that is all.

As far as I can make out Ciaren Chalmers scored 10 goals in just 18 appearances. If that’s accurate then a great ratio.

It feels like a few of the guys we are signing (Ewan Macpherson, Kevin Smith and Ciaren) have some goals in them, the goals will be flying in the net from all over the pitch. 🤣

14 minutes ago, PELE said:

We wouldn't actually. The points per game from the new year would still have us in 15th. No better league position wise.

I would say we were only marginally better after Christmas. We were still terrible in a lot of the games after that and remember, we were playing twice a week for the first few months, three B teams away and the tough League Cup games amongst those. All with a new team. So I would say nothing improved. Some of the players got better, but that is all.

Aye I think you are right, 17 points out the last 14 games since the turn of the year, not as good as I thought. We did have quite a slump at the end again which negated that reasonable run in Jan/Feb.

There were a few stinkers near the end, but also draws at Gala and East Stirling where we played them off the park but couldn’t convert 2 points into 6.  

Anyhow, onward and upward and all that.

Edited by Cowdenleith

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Stuart was one of the better players last season coming in and doing a job after we had had a terrible start good luck to him at the Haws.

As you say we finished 15th and need new players in.

Love was alright, but, Haws definitely a good move. With Love gone I think Black will follow as he is not very fit either...

1 minute ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Love was alright, but, Haws definitely a good move. With Love gone I think Black will follow as he is not very fit either...

Andy black has had a bad year with injuries a good pre-season and he will be an asset 

Some great business by the club , a shame to lose lovey who was a top guy on and off the park and made a massive difference in the dressing room last season , a lot of work going on behind the scenes especially from Colin Nelson who is doing work 24/7. Exciting season coming up for us. Hopefully the fans can see how hard we are all working

Happy with gala boys, chalmers top goal scorer for them last season very tall physical centre mid will do the dirty work and be a threat with aerial duals, jordan don’t know too much but young centre half played majority of the season for gala, a personal trainer in his full time job so very physical and fit.

Hopefully Black will play more in the new season. He would definitely make a difference. Both him and Love looked stechie and a stretch away from a hamstring strain.

I am more than surprised at the business the club is doing. Normally we would be fairly quiet at this stage and these type of players would be those we would target, but they would always end up somewhere else.

Elliot definitely seems switched on and is making good decisions by the looks of things. Don't want to tempt fate, but if all goes well and the team gels, we might even be a suprise challenger. Looks like we now have goals in us and should be more new players to come in, maybe some loans as well.

Just have to wait and see how the better teams in the league adjust their squads and also how much money EK splash. They will be signing almost a whole new squad and if the rumours are true about them signing Badboaby, he will score a bucket load in this league.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Don’t know if that’s aimed at me, but I’m absolutely happy to stand behind my comments about wanting Iain Davidson back.

He solidified the defence, was great with the younger players around him, but wasn’t scared to give them a bollocking if needed.

I would also have liked Mikey Cunningham back, but maybe he’s hoping to get a break at East Fife still.

It was essential that we kept a core from last season, look how well starting from scratch went last season, not well was the answer.

Now that Love has gone (best wishes to him), there are only 7 retained from last season. If you went to many games last season I don’t think you would argue much about any of the players that have been retained. It’s not to say some more of them couldn’t be on the move yet though.

We received a signing fee for Love. This along with wages, looks like it has allowed Calum to sign a player that suits his system. As others have mentioned, Stuart Love gave his all for Cowdenbeath and cared about the club. Was also a gentleman. Changes required however and it looks like we are trying to bring more pace to the team. Looks like we are starting from scratch again but this time I'm 100% confident we will be more successful with better players coming in with time to gel.

I think it is fair to say that the club is now both weeding out those who perhaps were not going to take the club forward and bring in those who will bring a Calum stamp on the team. There is plenty of time still (which is a refreshing change) to bring in others and get a decent pre-season going to prepare for what will be a very competitive and hopefully productive season. Onwards and upwards mes braves.

Some good news today. The recruitment side is more focused and well planned now. The boys coming in will make us better. Gutted to see lovey leave however the transfer fee given as well as Dan watt transfer fee all goes back into the playing budget and perhaps an upcoming signing that involves a fee😉.

There is likely to be 2 or 3 more signings incoming over next 2 to 3 days.

Pre season(fixtures) is fully sorted and training facilities all in place for the players and staff to get the best preparation possible.

I think and again I make no complaints about it. The more we can do as fans eg buying season books and signing up to supporters trust. Etc etc. Will be vital and could be the difference In helping the club.

Seen also yesterday the new home top as a sample and that looks great. Hopefully this will be something during June that can be launched also.

It's an Incredibly busy time and everyone from top to bottom is trying to make this upcoming season a better one. 

Mon the Cowden.

4 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Some good news today. The recruitment side is more focused and well planned now. The boys coming in will make us better. Gutted to see lovey leave however the transfer fee given as well as Dan watt transfer fee all goes back into the playing budget and perhaps an upcoming signing that involves a fee😉.

Pre season(fixtures) is fully sorted and training facilities all in place for the players and staff to get the best preparation possible.

I think and again I make no complaints about it. The more we can do as fans eg buying season books and signing up to supporters trust. Etc etc. Will be vital and could be the difference In helping the club.

Seen also yesterday the new home top as a sample and that looks great. Hopefully this will be something during June that can be launched also.

It's an Incredibly busy time and everyone from top to bottom is trying to make this upcoming season a better one. 

Mon the Cowden.

Be good if new tops are available next month. The earlier the new tops go on sale the better. We have been really slow to release new tops some years and I am sure it affects sales.

7 minutes ago, PELE said:

Be good if new tops are available next month. The earlier the new tops go on sale the better. We have been really slow to release new tops some years and I am sure it affects sales.

Usually a good opportunity to promote at the gala too which makes a return this year.

An idea too might be to have an open day at Central Park if early July more than happy to volunteer/help such an event 

9 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Mon the Cowden.

Fantastic effort by yourself and others. What a difference from previous seasons. It's all good news from CP these days and at last we have something to look forward to.

11 hours ago, PELE said:

Aye can’t remember a season we didn’t  have some problem as you say the earlier you get them more chance of selling a decent amount.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye can’t remember a season we didn’t  have some problem as you say the earlier you get them more chance of selling a decent amount.

Is it umbro again?? I'm starting to like the stuff macron do these days and they have good training apparel as well.

Wouldn't mind blue with white pin stripes/ blue with a white diagonal stripe... something a little different..

Edited by CowdenMiners1204

39 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Is it umbro again?? I'm starting to like the stuff macron do these days and they have good training apparel as well.

Wouldn't mind blue with white pin stripes/ blue with a white diagonal stripe... something a little different..

Drifter is the man for that. Came up with some interesting designs a year or two back. Haven't seen him on here for a while.

1 hour ago, ronaldincoo said:

Drifter is the man for that. Came up with some interesting designs a year or two back. Haven't seen him on here for a while.

Believe I remember seeing someone post here with kit concepts before!

Wouldn't say no to a renewed badge, but, not too modernised that it looks shite.

Also on the back collar maybe they can have the Fife dog head, as some clubs tend to have their regions flags there or like west ham have the hammers there.

Edited by CowdenMiners1204

2 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

No idea.