There was a coo

2 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

New assistant manager/player.  Kevin Smith from Bonnyrigg who was their top scorer this season just finished.  

On paper a good signing!

Wow, just saw the tweet coming through with the news. I am sure he can do a great job in the LL, really pleased with that.

Hope we can still bring Davo back, thought he might have been ideal for the sort of role that Kevin Smith is undertaking, be a great experienced spine if could get Iain Davidson to return.

Liking that another striker brought in who sounds good on paper.

Our downfall last season was we didn't score much so hopefully we build on a fairly decent defensive record from last season with more firepower and creativity.

Looking forward to next season.

Callum appointment I feel is going to be refreshing following years of poor performances.

Onwards and upwards 

Edited by Cowden316

Can’t understand so many posts saying ‘be good to get him back’, ‘ really hope he stays ‘ etc.

The team was absolutely honking, 15th in the LL lads. The club has been a revolving door of duds for a while now. Time to get some reasonable/decent players in for a few seasons and then tinker with a few positions around the core of the team to try and get the best combination.

3 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Genuinely disappointed by that news on multiple fronts.

Think this shows Callum making his own stamp on things and potentially utilising any incoming transfer fees to make his own team.

Clearly there had to be changes as at the end of the day we finished 15th in the Lowland league so exits were always going to happen if we are serious in our ambitions to take the club to where we want it to be.

Enjoyed Lovey at the club and wish him well.

20 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

Stuart love away to the haws

Gutted about this one if am honest, came from the lower leagues and put more of a shift in that the last few centre mids over the years also on a person note a player that had so much time for the junction supporters club always had time for us whether it was speaking to us at away games or making at effort on nights out. Wish him nothing but the best and i’ll be sure to take in some haws games when cowden don’t play.

9 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Think this shows Callum making his own stamp on things and potentially utilising any incoming transfer fees to make his own team.

Clearly there had to be changes as at the end of the day we finished 15th in the Lowland league so exits were always going to happen if we are serious in our ambitions to take the club to where we want it to be.

Enjoyed Lovey at the club and wish him well.

Stuart was one of the better players last season coming in and doing a job after we had had a terrible start good luck to him at the Haws.

As you say we finished 15th and need new players in.

22 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Can’t understand so many posts saying ‘be good to get him back’, ‘ really hope he stays ‘ etc.

The team was absolutely honking, 15th in the LL lads. The club has been a revolving door of duds for a while now. Time to get some reasonable/decent players in for a few seasons and then tinker with a few positions around the core of the team to try and get the best combination.

Exactly. If it wasn't for Dalbeattie and Edinburgh Uni, we would have been in serious danger of relegation. Teams of that standard won't be in the League for long. They will eventually be replaced by decent teams from the WoSFL and a few from the EoSFL.

If we don't improve quickly, we will be the new Dalbeattie. This league is only going to get tougher.

Much as the players we had last season were all good lads, some of them were not good enough, or determined enough and some probably needed more experience (possibly at a lower level), or more game time. There were only a few games where we played well as a team. Most of the time we were terrible, sat too deep and although we defended quite well, it will never end well when you have nothing in the middle of the park and nothing up front.

1 hour ago, 1GregStewart said:

Don’t know if that’s aimed at me, but I’m absolutely happy to stand behind my comments about wanting Iain Davidson back.

He solidified the defence, was great with the younger players around him, but wasn’t scared to give them a bollocking if needed.

I would also have liked Mikey Cunningham back, but maybe he’s hoping to get a break at East Fife still.

It was essential that we kept a core from last season, look how well starting from scratch went last season, not well was the answer.

Now that Love has gone (best wishes to him), there are only 7 retained from last season. If you went to many games last season I don’t think you would argue much about any of the players that have been retained. It’s not to say some more of them couldn’t be on the move yet though.

55 minutes ago, PELE said:

Exactly. If it wasn't for Dalbeattie and Edinburgh Uni, we would have been in serious danger of relegation. Teams of that standard won't be in the League for long. They will eventually be replaced by decent teams from the WoSFL and a few from the EoSFL.

If we don't improve quickly, we will be the new Dalbeattie. This league is only going to get tougher.

Much as the players we had last season were all good lads, some of them were not good enough, or determined enough and some probably needed more experience (possibly at a lower level), or more game time. There were only a few games where we played well as a team. Most of the time we were terrible, sat too deep and although we defended quite well, it will never end well when you have nothing in the middle of the park and nothing up front.

To be fair, I think most folk have agreed that if we hadn’t had to basically sign a lot of bodies quickly in July and had played the whole season with the team that we had after new year, we would have been more of a mid table team (points collected per game backs that up).

So over the piece we were nowhere near relegation candidates.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Don’t know if that’s aimed at me, but I’m absolutely happy to stand behind my comments about wanting Iain Davidson back.

He solidified the defence, was great with the younger players around him, but wasn’t scared to give them a bollocking if needed.

I would also have liked Mikey Cunningham back, but maybe he’s hoping to get a break at East Fife still.

It was essential that we kept a core from last season, look how well starting from scratch went last season, not well was the answer.

Now that Love has gone (best wishes to him), there are only 7 retained from last season. If you went to many games last season I don’t think you would argue much about any of the players that have been retained. It’s not to say some more of them couldn’t be on the move yet though.

Would definitely keep Davidson. Not sure if he is away. Sure someone mentioned that work commitments would get in the way of him playing.

13 minutes ago, PELE said:

Would definitely keep Davidson. Not sure if he is away. Sure someone mentioned that work commitments would get in the way of him playing.

Yes you’re right, I remember that being said at the end of the season, be shame if that was the case as he still has something to offer for some team, even if not us.