There was a coo

As a club and as we know we need to come up with new initiatives.

What's folks thoughts on a home game next season where the objective is for every home fan attending i.e our core support of 150 brings at least one person to the game with them to double the crowd whilst utilising the club bar and maybe a buffet could be arranged etc.

Thoughts?

Not a groundbreaking Idea but a very simple one.

8 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

As a club and as we know we need to come up with new initiatives.

What's folks thoughts on a home game next season where the objective is for every home fan attending i.e our core support of 150 brings at least one person to the game with them to double the crowd whilst utilising the club bar and maybe a buffet could be arranged etc.

Thoughts?

Not a groundbreaking Idea but a very simple one.

The only real way you increase crowds is by putting a winning team on the park , I reckon we will be more competitive this season.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The only real way you increase crowds is by putting a winning team on the park , I reckon we will be more competitive this season.

Certainly helps but sadly there doesn't seem to be much support from locals. Many of the fans we have don't even live in Cowdenbeath.

2 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Certainly helps but sadly there doesn't seem to be much support from locals. Many of the fans we have don't even live in Cowdenbeath.

True but we have been really poor the past 2 years, imagine we would get some back if we were up the top end with a half decent team.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Cowdenbeath, Lumphinans and Lochgelly combined is around 20000 in population so you'd definitely expect more! Not so many youth at the games these days... even with the free entry. Wish they had these deals when I was young 🤣 

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

True but we have been really poor the past 2 years, imagine we would get some back if we were up the top end with a half decent team.

Steady 200s turning up to CP until we are topping or challenging at the summit, hopefully a better start compared to last season will see a few more waffle along! 

Also fingers crossed for a good first round draw in the Scottish Cup!

1 hour ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Cowdenbeath, Lumphinans and Lochgelly combined is around 20000 in population so you'd definitely expect more! Not so many youth at the games these days... even with the free entry. Wish they had these deals when I was young 🤣 

Steady 200s turning up to CP until we are topping or challenging at the summit, hopefully a better start compared to last season will see a few more waffle along! 

Also fingers crossed for a good first round draw in the Scottish Cup!

The last 2 seasons were the nail in the coffin for a lot of people when a good few said they wouldn’t be back until we had a change of manager.

Now that has happened hopefully some will be lured back.

39 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Any update with Davo? Noticed he wasn’t on the list

The website has been updated with the 8 being kept on, the 2 new signings and also Davidson and Garrad listed.

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

What did you guys think of Mikey Cunningham ? Hasn't really had a chance at EF, would you take him permanently ?

I thought he had something about him, decent energy, popped up with a few goals, wouldn’t have been against him coming back.

I suppose with us having a new manager he will have his own ideas about recruits, and with about 8 players staying from last season, he maybe wants to supplement that with his own targets, which is understandable.

23 minutes ago, PELE said:

The website has been updated with the 8 being kept on, the 2 new signings and also Davidson and Garrad listed.

I see what you mean, both Davidson and Garrad are listed under the ‘team’ tab on the website, yet seems strange neither mentioned in the article added yesterday.

Would be great to get both those boys back if possible.

52 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I thought he had something about him, decent energy, popped up with a few goals, wouldn’t have been against him coming back.

I suppose with us having a new manager he will have his own ideas about recruits, and with about 8 players staying from last season, he maybe wants to supplement that with his own targets, which is understandable.

Yeah Elliot will probably have his own signings in mind. Hopefully the lad will come good at Bayview.

23 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The last 2 seasons were the nail in the coffin for a lot of people when a good few said they wouldn’t be back until we had a change of manager.

Now that has happened hopefully some will be lured back.

Eosfl would be a nail in the coffin for a lot, luckily there are few teams that are likely to go before us 😅

I will still be there regardless of the division we are in!

3 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Eosfl would be a nail in the coffin for a lot, luckily there are few teams that are likely to go before us 😅

I will still be there regardless of the division we are in!

At the start of last season I had a real fear we would end up there tbh. Think things will better this season.