There was a coo

30 minutes ago, sailorcowden said:

Remember it being mentioned at the meeting that there may be news on the manager as early as the end of the week.

It would be great to have it confirmed before Saturday and to end the league season on a high note. Hopefully the new man has had the chance to have a look over the squad during the appointment process and knows how he wants to make it work early. 

Whoever he is has a hard job ahead of him, I wish him good luck.

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Whoever he is has a hard job ahead of him, I wish him good luck.

Certainly is a hard job. I think there is scope for optimism with this supporters trust but I don't think it'll bring us back into L2, Worth a try though. 

47 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

think it maybe cowdens last throw of the dice voting in B teams in the hope they are seen in good light if the conference league starts up, as they are a hell of a lot closer to being an EoS team than back in the SPFL anyway

Tosh 

God the amount of criticism Cowdenbeath are getting on here is mental.  10 teams voted it through. Can all the critics on here go and have a go at the other teams too? At least the club have had the courage to explain how we felt backed into a corner.  The other 9 clubs have stayed quiet.

I'm really not happy with the B teams being in the league structure however I am smart enough to understand that the directors had to do what they thought was best for the club.  

The real story here is the leagues trying to force through the Conference League.  A completely shit idea if we're being honest.  Oh it's Rangers B v Buckie, Brora v Hearts B.  How utterly shit does that league sound? The powers at be simply can't upset the Old Firm. It's a disgusting idea and it's making my already reducing interest in Scottish football disappear. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

It's not the leagues, as far as I can see it's only Ian Maxwell.

Fair.  That's who people should be diverting their main anger towards.  The utter clown behind these proposals. It's an appalling position to put Lowland League clubs in.

Going by some posts on here and on Twitter though....

Cowdenbeath voted for it and have Donald Findlay as chairman so clearly must be loving the opportunity to play at Ibrox The Moreroom.com Stadium!! NO SURPRISE!

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Cowden Leith isn’t a director so didn’t vote for anyone.

You is a plural pronoun as well champ (until youse officially regains its rightful place in Scotland). Your club cannot claim to be against B teams and then actively vote in favour of them competing in your league.

Although quite why Cowdenbeath fans are willing to delegate all accountability to their infallible board given their death spiral you are in is baffling. If you don't want B teams as a fanbase, make your voices heard so that your club doesn't vote for them. 

2 hours ago, sailorcowden said:

Certainly is a hard job. I think there is scope for optimism with this supporters trust but I don't think it'll bring us back into L2, Worth a try though. 

As I’ve always said you need a manager who knows this league, You can see what happens when you don’t.

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Tosh 

Is that a hidden clue CC to us Cowden fan's our next appointment is Tosh McKinley 😂

At least we all know together as Cowdenbeath fans/volunteers what we are trying to achieve.

Keep up the good work as always, I don't think we say it enough together as fans but we fully appreciate all you do for this club past and present which should be recognised and celebrated.

Edited by Cowden316

2 hours ago, virginton said:

You is a plural pronoun as well champ (until youse officially regains its rightful place in Scotland). Your club cannot claim to be against B teams and then actively vote in favour of them competing in your league.

Although quite why Cowdenbeath fans are willing to delegate all accountability to their infallible board given their death spiral you are in is baffling. If you don't want B teams as a fanbase, make your voices heard so that your club doesn't vote for them. 

We were against b teams being in the SPFL and the LL.  We did not let the genie out of the bottle but B teams came into the LL.  We are not against B teams but did not believe they should be in the Pyramid.  Once you let them in then other issues as you can see start to loom large

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

God the amount of criticism Cowdenbeath are getting on here is mental.  10 teams voted it through. Can all the critics on here go and have a go at the other teams too? At least the club have had the courage to explain how we felt backed into a corner.  The other 9 clubs have stayed quiet.

I'm really not happy with the B teams being in the league structure however I am smart enough to understand that the directors had to do what they thought was best for the club.  

The real story here is the leagues trying to force through the Conference League.  A completely shit idea if we're being honest.  Oh it's Rangers B v Buckie, Brora v Hearts B.  How utterly shit does that league sound? The powers at be simply can't upset the Old Firm. It's a disgusting idea and it's making my already reducing interest in Scottish football disappear. 

The fans of the other clubs (the ones that actually have fans) aren't sitting on here trying to defending the gutlesssness of their own board and trying to blame a big bad outsider. If my club lacked the balls to see an empty threat for what it was and stand up against it, then I'd be raging at them.

Your club has voted for fixtures like Rangers B v Cumbernauld Colts and Hearts B v Gala Fairydean Rovers, I don't see how that's any better?

56 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Subject change here…

Maurice ross is the recent guest on the open goal show with kev kyle and si ferry. Great listen and speaks very highly of his time at cowden a man I wish all the best to.

Yes. I'm sure there's a few more that feel a bit of regret.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Talking of death spirals , I believe not long ago Morton were officially dead but eventually rose again - does administration,  bankruptcy and cheating on debts mean anything?  Cowden have never been in administration and we are doing all we can to remain solvent, despite particular off-field problems.

We are now looking at ways to hand over control of the club to a community trust. I understand Morton is now run by a supporters trust and it would be helpful if real Morton supporters could assist by providing friendly advice and assistance and not the arrogant  patronising shite you love to specialize in.