There was a coo

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

Aye change the subject, this is embarrassing. Your are literally the only fans who seem happy about the vote... 

Hope you enjoy getting pumped by the children of your weegie overlords for the sake of a night out to Dumbarton and a dozen extra tickets sold for the 2 games (3 including Hearts) per season. 

Hope it keeps you afloat 👍

If you read through P&B over the years you will see that I have always been against B teams either in the SPFL or LL I always said they should start at the bottom like every other new club has.

Don't let the facts get in the way though. Funny you mention Dumbarton no slagging of them or Airdrie for renting their grounds out to B teams.

12 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

For those of us who couldn't make the meeting what were the reasons given for this change in position?

From memory I think they said that if the B teams were rejected from the LL this year, the SFA would force the conference league to start immediately 23/24 and all the chaos that brings.

It was suggested that the SFA would not tolerate the idea of the B teams having nowhere to play in 23/24, hence the ‘persuasion’

If allow them in for another year then the conference will start 24/25 season, so more time for planning, so that option more appealing for Cowdenbeath.

I suppose it’s up to everyone’s own beliefs as to whether they could have got this conference up and running for 23/24….

I think that was about it, please someone correct me if wrong.

Edited by Cowdenleith

17 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

From memory I think they said that if the B teams were rejected from the LL this year, the SFA would force the conference league to start immediately 23/24 and all the chaos that brings.

It was suggested that the SFA would not tolerate the idea of the B teams having nowhere to play in 23/24, hence the ‘persuasion’

If allow them in for another year then the conference will start 24/25 season, so more time for planning, so that option more appealing for Cowdenbeath.

I suppose it’s up to everyone’s own beliefs as to whether they could have got this conference up and running for 23/24….

If Cowden want to go into the Conference then their best chance would have been now when entry would be by application.  They surely have little chance of qualifying for it on playing position next season, if it goes ahead for 2024/5.  Hopefully it doesn't go ahead at all.  But if it does it will probably leave Cowden 2 promotions away from getting back to the SPFL.

18 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

What a heap of p1sh, on so many different levels. Could sit here all day and pick flaws in that garbage.

Anyone who didn’t get up and walk out after listening to that at last nights meeting is just as bad as the people who voted yes to then B teams(3 times now).

Good luck with your 19 team league, run worse than Sunday league. Don’t deserve any promotion places into league 2. 

6 minutes ago, perthmo said:

If Cowden want to go into the Conference then their best chance would have been now when entry would be by application.  They surely have little chance of qualifying for it on playing position next season, if it goes ahead for 2024/5.  Hopefully it doesn't go ahead at all.  But if it does it will probably leave Cowden 2 promotions away from getting back to the SPFL.

There’s more chance of Scotland gaining independence than Cowden returning to the leagues.

Sadly neither will happen.

3 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

There’s more chance of Scotland gaining independence than Cowden returning to the leagues.

Sadly neither will happen.

Certainly not in my lifetime.    In fact, I suspect I might outlive Cowdenbeath FC.

On 18/04/2023 at 20:29, Cowdenleith said:

I’ll let others go into details on certain issues if they so wish, but having heard the reasoning behind decisions made I for one am satisfied with what I heard and will leave it at that.

And loads of other, "we are just delaying the conference league", "it will help us" nonsense. 

Posters from Berwick, EK and East Stirlingshire weren't afraid to tell it at is is and made it clear that this vote is just Maxwell and his magic beans again, but not anyone from Cowden. It's almost like you've all given up... 

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Funny you mention Dumbarton no slagging of them or Airdrie for renting their grounds out to B teams.

And I did, you must have missed it. 

EDIT - Also, their supporters were just as bewildered as everyone else. Especially the Dumbarton fans who were already struggling enough to keep their pitch in good condition for the season

Edited by Spyro

43 minutes ago, Spyro said:

And loads of other, "we are just delaying the conference league", "it will help us" nonsense. 

Posters from Berwick, EK and East Stirlingshire weren't afraid to tell it at is is and made it clear that this vote is just Maxwell and his magic beans again, but not anyone from Cowden. It's almost like you've all given up... 

Away and shite. Muppet.

18 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Although 10 clubs voted for it we seem to be the only one’s getting stick for it.

Probably because you're the only fanbase who've seen their club publicly offer some risible bullshit in defence of their actions and accepted it without question, rather than giving them the criticism they deserve.

Your board are either mendacious liars or credulous to the point of stupidity. Either way it's not a good look.

23 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Probably because you're the only fanbase who've seen their club publicly offer some risible bullshit in defence of their actions and accepted it without question, rather than giving them the criticism they deserve.

Your board are either mendacious liars or credulous to the point of stupidity. Either way it's not a good look.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again, I’ll trust the judgement of a board who are very experienced in dealings with the SFA and SPFL, more so than any other club in the LL, against a bunch of internet weirdos piling on us.

I don’t want them in the league, most Cowden fans don’t want them, and I don’t believe the board want them in either.

Time will tell I suppose in the coming years who is proven right, but others have said that the B teams are not going away, in one form or another they will try and get them in the leagues.

But if they try that, we’ll have all those brave clubs in the SPFL to block it won’t we? They would wouldn’t they? 🤔

I agree with @HorseyGhirl (I think they said this) that I am certain their ultimate aim is to have a B team placeholder in the league so when they piss off to some second rate Atlantic European league, they will still have a prescence in the Scottish Lesgues. 

Remember it being mentioned at the meeting that there may be news on the manager as early as the end of the week.

It would be great to have it confirmed before Saturday and to end the league season on a high note. Hopefully the new man has had the chance to have a look over the squad during the appointment process and knows how he wants to make it work early. 

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

I don’t imagine all our Fanbase what’s left of it all agrees with it.

I’m all but done with football so I’ll just let everyone else fight it out.