There was a coo

4 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

no,id just like to see in black and white whether we voted for or against the b teams or whether we abstained

Dalbeattie abstained apparently. That leaves one seat on the life-raft.

Recent BBC podcast re the scale of Scottish football managers being sacked with John Hughes keen for a chairman to pick up the phone to them and offer them a job like said before on here Hughes probably well out of budget and LL a step down for them but maybe better than nothing and getting back into the game

Just saying 😁 but probably would have been more realistic in our SPFL days 

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

Recent BBC podcast re the scale of Scottish football managers being sacked with John Hughes keen for a chairman to pick up the phone to them and offer them a job like said before on here Hughes probably well out of budget and LL a step down for them but maybe better than nothing and getting back into the game

Just saying 😁 but probably would have been more realistic in our SPFL days 

Absolutely not. Never. Even if we were still in the SPFL. 

We need someone who knows this level. 

I watched the whole meeting on zoom this evening, very interesting talk from everyone, including the Chairman.

Donald Findlay said that the club will always exist as long as he is around, there is no doubt of that, but it’s at what level that they exist will be determined by the success of the proposed fans trust.  

I’ll let others go into details on certain issues if they so wish, but having heard the reasoning behind decisions made I for one am satisfied with what I heard and will leave it at that.

Edited by Cowdenleith

49 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Absolutely not. Never. Even if we were still in the SPFL. 

We need someone who knows this level. 

I mentioned Max Christie a while back, didn’t get any response (!),  but he certainly fits the bill of experience at this level.  

Didn’t seem to be overly popular with Bo’ness fans latterly, but if you believe some of the stories he seems to put his own hand in his pocket, to fund things what’s not to like about that? 🤣

It sounds like there should be some movement on the management front soon.

19 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I watched the whole meeting on zoom this evening, very interesting talk from everyone, including the Chairman.

Donald Findlay said that the clubs will always exist as long as he is around, there is no doubt of that, but it’s at what level that they exist will be determined by the success of the proposed fans trust.  

I’ll let others go into details on certain issues if they so wish, but having heard the reasoning behind decisions made I for one am satisfied with what I heard and will leave it at that.

Good turnout? Was unable to attend but attended a similar meeting prior.

15 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I mentioned Max Christie a while back, didn’t get any response (!),  but he certainly fits the bill of experience at this level.  

Didn’t seem to be overly popular with Bo’ness fans latterly, but if you believe some of the stories he seems to put his own hand in his pocket, to fund things what’s not to like about that? 🤣

It sounds like there should be some movement on the management front soon.

Although we don't want to rush as we need to ensure this appointment is spot on and meets our requirements we also need someone in place soon to start preparing for next season. 

2 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Good turnout? Was unable to attend but attended a similar meeting prior.

They certainly commented at the start that there was a good turnout, though could only see the people doing the presentation when watching on zoom, not the whole room. Think there were about a dozen of us following on zoom.

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

They certainly commented at the start that there was a good turnout, though could only see the people doing the presentation when watching on zoom, not the whole room. Think there were about a dozen of us following on zoom.

Encouraging to hear 👍

28 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Although we don't want to rush as we need to ensure this appointment is spot on and meets our requirements we also need someone in place soon to start preparing for next season. 

We need someone who knows their way about this league and experience of non league football in general I think that was part of our problem this season.

As you say hopefully know soon to get things started.

Was at the meeting and it seemed pretty positive. The supporters trust makes sense and if successful you’d hope it would keep the club running at this level for the very least. For those asking on number probably around 40 including those on zoom. 

I’m sceptical it will be enough for a push back to league 2 or whatever league will be above this one next season. But it’s probably needed to make sure we have a team that can be competitive in any way next season. 

The next appointment of manager will be huge in getting people on board with this idea. going by the boards target we’ll need around 100 people to get involved. 

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm taking from the last couple of pages that your club voted to invite the Colts back in and that you're all pretty happy about it? I'm assuming the issue was raised at the meeting.

They said at the meeting that the club were put into a predicament where if we didn’t vote in favour of the b teams  the new spfl conference would be inducted for next season and instead it will be starting next year so will give the club time to prepare for what could happen with the leagues

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm taking from the last couple of pages that your club voted to invite the Colts back in and that you're all pretty happy about it? I'm assuming the issue was raised at the meeting.

They mentioned they voted in favour of the B teams. From what the club described tonight it was either a case of vote against them and the spfl add the conference above lowland/highland now or keep B teams where they are for a season and delay this conference league. 

I think they mentioned 12 lowland teams voted in favour of keeping them. 

5 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

They said at the meeting that the club were put into a predicament where if we didn’t vote in favour of the b teams  the new spfl conference would be inducted for next season and instead it will be starting next year so will give the club time to prepare for what could happen with the leagues

That makes no sense.

Not even sure what question to ask. 

So after next season the b teams will still be in tier 5 bit everyone else will be moved down.

So Cowdenbeath hope to get into this new tier 5 or will promotion to tier 4 still be an option.

Way to be a team player. 

1 minute ago, HorseyGhirl said:

That makes no sense.

Not even sure what question to ask. 

So after next season the b teams will still be in tier 5 bit everyone else will be moved down.

So Cowdenbeath hope to get into this new tier 5 or will promotion to tier 4 still be an option.

Way to be a team player. 

From what I got tonight. There was a lot of uncertainty about how this new tier 5 would work. If implemented this year there was no guarantee lowland/highland clubs would have a way into it. 

voting to keep the B teams gives lowland league clubs another year to work this out. From the way the board spoke tonight they definitely aren’t fans of the B sides. 

1 minute ago, Cowden95 said:

From what I got tonight. There was a lot of uncertainty about how this new tier 5 would work. If implemented this year there was no guarantee lowland/highland clubs would have a way into it. 

voting to keep the B teams gives lowland league clubs another year to work this out. From the way the board spoke tonight they definitely aren’t fans of the B sides. 

The powers that run our football guarantee only turmoil. They are not to be trusted. I pray the pyramid can run for the good of all involved eventually. But with this lot running our game I fear the worst.

I understand your club sees itself as an SPFL club and don't want that door to slam shut but got now and maybe for a wee while longer you are not. So need to act accordingly.

Lot's of opinions and criticisms out there in terms of how clubs have voted and everyone entitled to an opinion.

For me as a football fan and Cowden fan there needs to be respect regardless of which ways clubs have voted as it's their vote and will have their own reasons

Personally for my club I think it's a strategic decision probably financially and to try to increase chances to be promoted next season i.e however many places from Lowland league next season into a potentially new conference league.

It's quite easy for bigger club fans or SPFL club fans to criticise our clubs stance if it has voted in favour but when a club like Cowdenbeath has multiple challenges in terms of significant reduction in income etc as a result of the trapdoor why would the club say no when the likelihood would have been for new league to be forced through resulting in no B team money.

Yes might not be a lot when distributed but every penny counts at this level and remember there is no prize money in the Lowland league.

Personally for the record I do not agree or feel comfortable with the introduction of the conference league displacing the Lowland league and Highland league under it with potentially the invitation of guest clubs as it doesn't seem fair and goes against how a pyramid should work i e based on results/league position.

Edited by Cowden316