There was a coo

13 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

The bottom half of the LL is equivalent to the pish junior teams. 15th or 16th with Cowdens budget is really poor. Add in an unsustainable wage and there was only 1 outcome. The club made the right call. 

Yeah. It is now, but not for long. I can see it being the most competitive league in the pyramid soon.

Whoever is appointed next Cowdenbeath manager we need to take our time and not rush as this might be one of the most important appointment in recent times.

The following criteria for our next manager ticks all the boxes for me Someone with credible managerial Lowland League experience/success/ambitious/understands a community football club i.e engagement/training locally/Buys into the clubs SPFL vision and a strategy on how we get there on the field.

Edited by Cowden316

Even though they are my "other" Embra team and I'd be gutted to see them go, the lads at CS Strollers are made for the job. 

They've done amazing but 'unfortunately' CSS are at their natural peak. The work they do on and off the pitch in the local area is something to be proud of but the Cowdenbeath job is an absolute gift for someone wanting to prove themself at this level

Thought we were the better team today. Definitely created enough but couldn't stick it in the net. Dan Farrell pulled off a great save after a slack back pass but that was their only real effort of note (not counting the effort flashed wide from the rebound from the save). McKenzie Williamson was certainly a spark when he came on and was unlucky not to score when he beat their keeper to a long ball. Certainly some good passages of play in the midfield and Dan Watt put himself about well without reward. 

Just feel that once it clicks the team it will roll on. 

Certainly kept the shire pinned for the majority of the game. The last 20 minutes were a bit more hoof ball, big Dan was holding it up everytime, however, sinky and the new boy really lacking pace to get in behind.

Farrells 'Higuita' like antics almost cost us 🤣 What a sitter for shire.

Players will be kicking themselves.

Onto next week!

Didn't think we were particularly great today, but not bad either. Although some awful defending mistakes. Shire really should have won it when we gifted them the ball at the edge of our box. Easy chance missed and then even easier second chance missed. It's still obvious that we offer no real threat upfront. Watt puts himself about, but nothing comes of it and he is way too slow to capitalise on some good chances. I wish we would be a bit more adventurous and push forward more. We have nothing to lose.

Edited by PELE

49 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Was Armstrong dropped or is he not fully fit?

Maybe not fully fit. I think Alfie is not fully fit either. Although, we have plenty of defensive players.

Edited by PELE

I havent being shy in criticizing Maurice Ross but credit to him, cause he was actually at the game today, when he could have just stayed away, he did always come across enthusiastic and not short in effort, its just not worked out at all for various reasons, who was the number 7 today? thought he played very well, maybe short in fitness but looks a player, we really need to start taking our chances , could have had 4 or 5 goals today, our keeper was a little more charismatic than i was expecting, must get bored staying on his line lol, i thought we did pass the ball about well , especially in 1st half, last 15 minutes bit of slog and messy game but still feel we had chances near the end to take 3 points, god knows how we never scored.

2 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

I havent being shy in criticizing Maurice Ross but credit to him, cause he was actually at the game today, when he could have just stayed away, he did always come across enthusiastic and not short in effort, its just not worked out at all for various reasons, who was the number 7 today? thought he played very well, maybe short in fitness but looks a player, we really need to start taking our chances , could have had 4 or 5 goals today, our keeper was a little more charismatic than i was expecting, must get bored staying on his line lol, i thought we did pass the ball about well , especially in 1st half, last 15 minutes bit of slog and messy game but still feel we had chances near the end to take 3 points, god knows how we never scored.

Callum Murray was the number 7.

36 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Brilliant night at the reunion night. Great to see fans in high spirits and players of old and current mingling. I’m sure it raised a good amount of cash.

That’s great to hear, must say I had forgotten about the event with all the drama of this week.   Were there a few of the 1970 team present?