There was a coo

45 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I never realised he had been back in Finland notice he got sacked after getting relegated last season. 

I was with Mixu a few weeks ago. He still lives locally and is currently working for UEFA conducting match analysis over a variety of games over Europe do it a bit of travelling.

3 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

I was with Mixu a few weeks ago. He still lives locally and is currently working for UEFA conducting match analysis over a variety of games over Europe do it a bit of travelling.

Never seen him in ages he likes to travel!

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Never seen him in ages he likes to travel!

I see him pretty often he's just along the road always asking how things are at the club. He had two knee replacements last year but back up and running now.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Don't you realise that it's Cowdenbeaths ceiling as well.

No The Lowland League isn't our ceiling it's our basement we fell from the ceiling of The SPFL Championship 

Edited by Cowden316

26 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

No The Lowland League isn't our ceiling it's our basement we fell from the ceiling of The SPFL Championship 

Those days are well past us. No point on dwelling on them time to get sorted out in this league.

6 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

I know that but I'm pointing out that I don't think Cowdenbeaths ceiling is the Lowland League.

No one has a ceiling really the most unexpected clubs can progress with a bit of investment or hard work or both. The championship was an exceptional time for us and our current situation shows how quick things can change.

How many people would have thought 10 years ago us , Brechin and Berwick would be non league and Edinburgh City, Kelty and Bonnyrigg would be in the SPFL - it really is swings and roundabouts!

Edited by cowdenbeath

Here is my shortlist some unrealistic due to budgets etc/Lowland League football. Gary J the most realistic I think with strong experience of the Lowland League and success in it.

Gary Jardine and Joe Mbu

Jim McInally

Iain Jenkins

John Hughes

Gary Holt 

Edited by Cowden316

42 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Here is my shortlist some unrealistic due to budgets etc/Lowland League football. Gary J the most realistic I think with strong experience of the Lowland League and success in it.

Gary Jardine and Joe Mbu

Jim McInally

Iain Jenkins

John Hughes

Gary Holt 

Would love for it to be Jardine. Always thought we should have tried to get him when Bollan went in preparation for the possible relegation. He should have a few contacts in the lower leagues. Big Joe would be a bonus for the nostalgia factor.

As you have already said, guys like Holt and Hughes are not in our budget. Wouldn't touch McInally personally.

Cameron doing well again at Raith and has some Lowland league experience. Money, again,  would most likely be an issue and going back is not always a positive.

There might be some interesting options in the EOS who again will know the players who can step up.

Would always be open to a young manager at the end of their careers and this approach has had succcess in the past (e.g Mixu, Cameron). On the flip side this is always a risk (Reilly, Fox). In my opinion, a rookie manager not ideal for the toughness of the lowland league and experience could be crucial.

As always though, willing candidates and money will be the main factor. We are due a bit of luck with our appointment.

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

Gary Jardine and Joe Mbu

Jim McInally

Iain Jenkins

John Hughes

Gary Holt 

Out of that lot Jardine is the only one I would want really need someone who can manage at this level without a lot of money.

McInally done well in the most part at Shire and Peterhead but would have been well backed went wrong this season maybe less money there.

Jenkins has a good job with the SFA time for him to be our manager would have been in succession to Danny.

Doubt Yogi or Holt would interested.

18 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Would love for it to be Jardine. Always thought we should have tried to get him when Bollan went in preparation for the possible relegation. He should have a few contacts in the lower leagues. Big Joe would be a bonus for the nostalgia factor.

As you have already said, guys like Holt and Hughes are not in our budget. Wouldn't touch McInally personally.

Cameron doing well again at Raith and has some Lowland league experience. Money, again,  would most likely be an issue and going back is not always a positive.

There might be some interesting options in the EOS who again will know the players who can step up.

Would always be open to a young manager at the end of their careers and this approach has had succcess in the past (e.g Mixu, Cameron). On the flip side this is always a risk (Reilly, Fox). In my opinion, a rookie manager not ideal for the toughness of the lowland league and experience could be crucial.

As always though, willing candidates and money will be the main factor. We are due a bit of luck with our appointment.

Cameron is assistant manager at Raith doubt he would leave that as it will be a full time job.

Edited by cowdenbeath

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Cameron is assistant manager at Raith doubt he would leave that as it will be a full time job.

Plus sometimes it's best not to come back doesn't always work out the same and can't see as you say walking away from a full time job in the championship to Lowland League football 

Max Christie anyone?  

Relatively local as an Edinburgh lad, runs his own financial advisers business so would think he could be flexible commitment wise, and is presumably financially secure so would maybe not demand a huge salary.

Has a lot of experience outwith the SPFL.

51 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Plus sometimes it's best not to come back doesn't always work out the same and can't see as you say walking away from a full time job in the championship to Lowland League football 

It’s a much changed club since Colin was there.