There was a coo

I’m not going to slag off Maurice completely now he’s gone, he’s done plenty of things wrong, but how difficult a situation has he had to deal with?

Only the people at the club will ever know the full story, but I wish Maurice all the best. 

It was extremely unlikely he would be back next season, so to go now is a good compromise to give the club time to make plans for next season, with some games still to go.

I didn't agree with some of his tactics and his managerial style at times, but I liked him. He tried his best, but it just wasn't working. Good luck to him. Maybe if we had a decent striker things would have been different.

Really surprised by that. I was thinking Maurice would have left but seen it out until the end of the season. 

He talked the right way and seemed to have a good idea of how we should play but it rarely translated on the pitch. Anytime we took a step forward it seemed to always be followed by a poor spell. Maybe a better coach than a main man?

That been said I think the management team did well to steady the ship after a tumultuous pre season and should be commended for it but now is the time to get a manager in that knows the lowland league and can build on what's been set down now. 

Wish Maurice nothing but the best moving on and hopefully he takes something from his time here too. 

Really important appointment to be made now but perfect time to cool the jets and really think about it.

Edited by sailorcowden
Spelling

I respect Maurice for stepping down and not seeing out till end of season.  He has obviously made the decision that he won’t be signing a new deal which was expected he would have had a smaller budget to work with next season and also had to take a pay cut himself. This now gives us time to bring in the right man and give him a few games and training sessions before the seasons ends.

1 hour ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

I assume he has something else lined up and told the Chairman he wouldn't be at the club next season.  Scary, but interesting times ahead.

The right appointment could see Cowdenbeath rise like phoenix....the wrong appointment could be the final nail in the coffin.

On the flip side maybe the club decided a change was needed.

Either way at least now we have plenty of time to get the new man in and in turn time for him to prepare for next season.

11 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Ross is gone!

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewNews&id=3374

Interesting times. Huge decision as to who the next guy is. Davo wanting a manager's job? 

It's been said that he is managerial material. But at Cowden l'm not sure. Certainly not the hot head he was in his younger days.

Hope he can play a bit longer.

It is nice to see that the situation has resolved itself in such a dignified fashion. Although I have expressed reservations about his man management style - he seemed to let his frustration get the better of him quite often - Maurice has always tried to do his best for the club and I wish him well for the future. The timing is good too. Too often we have appointed a new man who has had little time to shape the playing staff for an upcoming season. This way, we can get the right man in with plenty of time to get acquainted with the club and playing staff to enable a push up the table next season. 

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

It's been said that he is managerial material. But at Cowden l'm not sure. Certainly not the hot head he was in his younger days.

Hope he can play a bit longer.

No time for a rookie need someone with a bit of experience who knows the Lowland League.

Just now, The_Pit_Owns said:

This. Gary Jardine is the man we should go for and Big Joe as his assistant would be a bonus.

What are the chances he'd want to leave CSS?  We're hardly a big draw!

1 minute ago, The Minertaur said:

What are the chances he'd want to leave CSS?  We're hardly a big draw!

We're still a bigger club than CSS...just. CSS players don't get a weekly wage so he'd have a bit of budget to play with at Cowden. 

I assume Jardine wants to test himself at a higher level and I think CSS' ceiling is the Lowland League.

8 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

We're still a bigger club than CSS...just. CSS players don't get a weekly wage so he'd have a bit of budget to play with at Cowden. 

I assume Jardine wants to test himself at a higher level and I think CSS' ceiling is the Lowland League.

Ah wasn't aware they didn't get a weekly wage.

BRING JOE HOME (with GJ)

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Don't suppose there's a change of Mixu swapping the Finish top flight for the box office Lowland League?

I never realised he had been back in Finland notice he got sacked after getting relegated last season.