There was a coo

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I've always said the LL will get better with the ex junior clubs eventually filtering up and should attract more away fans to games which is good for everyone.

I'm probably one of the few of our fans who has watched it on a regular on off basis over the years along with the other non leagues and knew what we were getting into, it seems like its been a bit of a culture shock for those who didn't know much about it.

I wouldn't disrespect any club I quite admire how the Strollers for example have managed to be a top end side despite a small fanbase and income - I would put it down to having a good manager who knows this level inside out.

The League isn't perfect and they shot themselves in the foot with the "one season" B teams which was never going to be the case but we just have to get over it. I'm not keen on them being there but 2 of our 3 highest crowds have been against them.

The fixture list can be annoying with the free cup weeks but I suppose the best way to overcome that would be not to get knocked out of them! We have however managed to fit rearranged games on some of the dates so it has been better recently.

Re the shared gates for the League cup yes we have the cost of a bus to Berwick but the home sides have the costs of hosting a game which would produce little income if you played someone with little or no traveling support.

At the end of the day our league position is down to us no one else.

Yeah. With the way the set-up is just now, it was always going to be a nightmare dropping out of League 2 and almost impossible to get back up without lots of money. I thought Cove were going to relegate us and had almost accepted that we were up the proverbial creek, but we survived for a little while longer.

Even if we had kept the same team as last season I still don't think we would have been near winning this league. Although I think it is not as tough this season as it usually is. Normally if you lose more than a few games, then your chances of winning the league are done.

As expected, it is only likely to get more difficult as well. If we don't dramatically improve, we will be one of the favourites for the drop next season.

Just now, PELE said:

Yeah. With the way the set-up is just now, it was always going to be a nightmare dropping out of League 2 and almost impossible to get back up without lots of money. I thought Cove were going to relegate us and had almost accepted that we were up the proverbial creek, but we survived for a little while longer.

Even if we had kept the same team as last season I still don't think we would have been near winning this league. Although I think it is not as tough this season as it usually is. Normally if you lose more than a few games, then your chances of winning the league are done.

As expected, it is only likely to get more difficult as well. If we don't dramatically improve, we will be one of the favourites for the drop next season.

Shire gave it a good go in their first season but fell short to a good EK side the league however is stronger now. Last seasons side would have been top half probably but no point on going back to that debate.

If as expected Linlithgow come up and Dalbeattie Star/Edinburgh Uni go down possibly both yes it would be harder with either Bonnyrigg or Albion Rovers possibly going down also.

5 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Berwick aren't even good, they barely had any chances and scored 4 really lucky goals. Cowdenbeath are excellent and Maurice is doing a fantastic job! Hopefully the young team have done Scottish football a favour and helped get that absolute disgrace of a stadium condemned. Merge with a junior club already ffs.

What a p***k. I'm absolutely delighted that Liam has got it so far up you that you've turned into that level of bitter mess. It couldn't be much clearer that Liam's problem is with that absolute bellend of a manager you have. While your club continues to employ the man who was sacked for racism and who is more interested in Rangers and conspiracy than your club's success, Cowdenbeath enable it and are part of the problem. You're blame shifting - complete denial about your clubs failure, and complete delusion at your kitman's babyish behaviour. Next time Buchanan swords your tinpot jobbers, I hope he blows you a lovely kiss x

What a p***k. I'm absolutely delighted that Liam has got it so far up you that you've turned into that level of bitter mess. You might remember that Liam, who is the Lowland League top scorer and netted three goals in yesterday's 4-0 demolition of tiny little Cowdenbeath, was frozen out by Maurice Ross. Perhaps Liam got a Covid jab and was no longer allowed to play? And trust me - nobody wants your season ticket. Stick it in the fucking bin where your club belongs. Next time Buchanan swords your tinpot jobbers, I hope he blows your cinema ticket a lovely kiss x

What a p***k. I'm absolutely delighted that Liam has got it so far up you that you've turned into that level of bitter mess. Nobody decent wants to play for Cowdenbeath because your club is ran disgracefully - see the absolute utter fucking tinpot behaviour of not allowing the hat-trick scorer to take the matchball. Bitter, bitter, bitter. I hope the next time that Liam Buchanan swords your tinpot jobbers, he blows your kitman a lovely kiss! x

I have to admit I did find this funny in the nicest sense

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The fixture list can be annoying with the free cup weeks but I suppose the best way to overcome that would be not to get knocked out of them! We have however managed to fit rearranged games on some of the dates so it has been better recently.

I've quite liked getting the free Saturdays - a nice break from getting beat every week.

I also like only playing each other twice rather than 4 times a season. So definitely some plus sides to the league - although obviously I'd rather still be in the SPFL.

6 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

I've quite liked getting the free Saturdays - a nice break from getting beat every week.

I also like only playing each other twice rather than 4 times a season. So definitely some plus sides to the league - although obviously I'd rather still be in the SPFL.

Aye free Saturday's gave me the chance to go to other places.

Hi guys - if you didn't know I run the Maurice Miners podcast. It's been a very tough time for us since the relegation from the championship and there's been heehaw to cheer for and it's getting harder and harder to face the next game. So in an effort to try and rekindle a bit of interest and reminisce about happier days I am hoping to meet as many supporters as possible to give me a 10-15 minute interview on what the club means to them and add it to a series of episodes (however many 1 hourish episodes I can fill). Let's remember the times that made us cheer and wail , let's dream of helicopters or laugh about the good, bad or the ugly. 

What was it about Cowdenbeath that drew you in? What kept you coming after all the hurt? Do you get teary remembering Toories goal to send us up? Did Mixu Paatelainen make all the hurt worth it? Do you get a sly smile when you remember Kane Hemmings opening the scoring in that storied day at East End Park? 

What are your worst memories? Was 1992 a nightmare you couldn't wake up from? Did watching hearts stick ten past us send you loopy? Does Bonnyrigg stick in the throat like a dry piece of toast? 

Is there any ludicrous memory or player that comes to mind? Did Armand One dancing to shouts of Pizza Hut give you a reason to grin? Does Jordan Garden trying to diving header a ball clear through another player still give you the chills? Did Bryan Gilfillan hopping on his one good leg to celebrate after surviving against Cove remind you that there are still heroes? 

If you are interested please give me a message on here or get in touch through the twitter or Facebook pages. I'm happy to travel within reason or if you don't want to talk on air, write in your stories and I'll read them. I'm also sure I could do it through Skype/Zoom but I'd probably need to have a wee play about first. We all have something to say about Cowdenbeath Football Club and it deserves to be told.

45 minutes ago, sailorcowden said:

Hi guys - if you didn't know I run the Maurice Miners podcast. It's been a very tough time for us since the relegation from the championship and there's been heehaw to cheer for and it's getting harder and harder to face the next game. So in an effort to try and rekindle a bit of interest and reminisce about happier days I am hoping to meet as many supporters as possible to give me a 10-15 minute interview on what the club means to them and add it to a series of episodes (however many 1 hourish episodes I can fill). Let's remember the times that made us cheer and wail , let's dream of helicopters or laugh about the good, bad or the ugly. 

What was it about Cowdenbeath that drew you in? What kept you coming after all the hurt? Do you get teary remembering Toories goal to send us up? Did Mixu Paatelainen make all the hurt worth it? Do you get a sly smile when you remember Kane Hemmings opening the scoring in that storied day at East End Park? 

What are your worst memories? Was 1992 a nightmare you couldn't wake up from? Did watching hearts stick ten past us send you loopy? Does Bonnyrigg stick in the throat like a dry piece of toast? 

Is there any ludicrous memory or player that comes to mind? Did Armand One dancing to shouts of Pizza Hut give you a reason to grin? Does Jordan Garden trying to diving header a ball clear through another player still give you the chills? Did Bryan Gilfillan hopping on his one good leg to celebrate after surviving against Cove remind you that there are still heroes? 

If you are interested please give me a message on here or get in touch through the twitter or Facebook pages. I'm happy to travel within reason or if you don't want to talk on air, write in your stories and I'll read them. I'm also sure I could do it through Skype/Zoom but I'd probably need to have a wee play about first. We all have something to say about Cowdenbeath Football Club and it deserves to be told.

Would be happy to be involved.  I'm away up by Peterhead nowadays so I'll easy write our a story or something for you to read out?  Not sure anybody wants to hear my voice :D 

7 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Would be happy to be involved.  I'm away up by Peterhead nowadays so I'll easy write our a story or something for you to read out?  Not sure anybody wants to hear my voice :D 

Completely up to you mate! My voice isn't exactly going to get me a radio gig anytime soon either 😂 I'll give you a DM to let you know the template and we can take it from there ☺️ thanks for the interest! 

11 hours ago, sailorcowden said:

Good luck with that, sounds a great idea, looking forward to hearing the good and not so good memories of long time fans.

The Mackenzie Williamson loan signing appears a strange one at this stage of the season. Seems a decent enough plan however, as I'm aware that he is out of contract so will give him a chance to prove himself and the club to check him out over a few games and in training. Young lad so may be an option next season if he does OK.

10 hours ago, silkybeath said:

The Mackenzie Williamson loan signing appears a strange one at this stage of the season. Seems a decent enough plan however, as I'm aware that he is out of contract so will give him a chance to prove himself and the club to check him out over a few games and in training. Young lad so may be an option next season if he does OK.

He’s probably an amateur if he is an U20 player a lot of clubs do that, so he wouldn’t cost a wage if so.

14 hours ago, silkybeath said:

Worth a go given our lack of goals from the forwards I suppose, a few games left to see if he can make an impression.

Not before time. An appointment which I welcomed but his behaviour since has made me completely change my mind. That said, I wish him well. Very strange it being announced so late in the evening as well I feel.

We really need someone that knows this league to take charge, if we can afford that.