There was a coo

49 minutes ago, sailorcowden said:

Had a wee think over night and into today about the result yesterday and I still don't really see where we lost 4 nil. Don't think there was much between the two sides and after the initial pressure that brought Buchanan's first goal had more than our fair share of possession without really creating any clear cut chances. I guess that's where having a striker like Buchanan comes in handy though.

I don't really see the point in playing Scott Sinclair wide on the left, it really takes away any goal threat that he possesses. 

All in all a bad day at the office but we need to start taking wins from teams above us and not just those floating around the bottom. 

Problem has been and still is that we don't have anyone who can shoot other than Sinclair. The amount of scuffed shots yesterday was ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Problem has been and still is that we don't have anyone who can shoot other than Sinclair. The amount of scuffed shots yesterday was ridiculous.

Nail on the head. I really like the addition of Dan Watt but I'd say he's more of a facilitator would prefer to see Sinclair playing off him more like how we had Jordan Allan playing off of Renton (hopefully with more goals though!). 

Been our issue for years that we've not had anyone able to really take chances but I think we are creating more than what we had been the past few seasons. I do hope that it is a duct that'll break once we get going but I did think the result against Edinburgh University was going to be that game. 

18 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Apart from their goals Berwick didn’t really have all that much chances, suppose they didn’t need them as we were laying them on a plate for them.

Liam was always going to score he always does against us.

Berwick arn’t that great but better than us.

I feel we are currently in the position of getting results against bottom half teams but struggle against the top half ones.

Good to see away fan’s although Berwick will be pulled up for some Lowland League rule for creating an atmosphere at a game😀

The new generation of young team however kept up the tradition of being arseholes, I heard there was some damage caused in the old stand and the police were there second half.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Berwick aren't even good, they barely had any chances and scored 4 really lucky goals. Cowdenbeath are excellent and Maurice is doing a fantastic job! Hopefully the young team have done Scottish football a favour and helped get that absolute disgrace of a stadium condemned. Merge with a junior club already ffs.

16 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Not at all. We don't owe Liam Buchanan anything. A lot of players would show a bit of respect when scoring against their former club and he couldn't have been happier. That might be down to his hatred of Maurice though.

And balls aren't cheap - why should we just hand over a £50 ball?

What a p***k. I'm absolutely delighted that Liam has got it so far up you that you've turned into that level of bitter mess. It couldn't be much clearer that Liam's problem is with that absolute bellend of a manager you have. While your club continues to employ the man who was sacked for racism and who is more interested in Rangers and conspiracy than your club's success, Cowdenbeath enable it and are part of the problem. You're blame shifting - complete denial about your clubs failure, and complete delusion at your kitman's babyish behaviour. Next time Buchanan swords your tinpot jobbers, I hope he blows you a lovely kiss x

16 hours ago, wulliemc said:

There are varied opinions I see but if Buchs had done his job, or even just turned up for the playoffs metaphorically and physically we might not be here.  This season.

Having said that, didn’t bother going today and there’s more and more games I am skipping regardless of venue.  Glad I went to the cinema instead today.

On the verge of offering anyone who wants it my season ticket for the rest of the season.

What a p***k. I'm absolutely delighted that Liam has got it so far up you that you've turned into that level of bitter mess. You might remember that Liam, who is the Lowland League top scorer and netted three goals in yesterday's 4-0 demolition of tiny little Cowdenbeath, was frozen out by Maurice Ross. Perhaps Liam got a Covid jab and was no longer allowed to play? And trust me - nobody wants your season ticket. Stick it in the fucking bin where your club belongs. Next time Buchanan swords your tinpot jobbers, I hope he blows your cinema ticket a lovely kiss x

2 hours ago, silkybeath said:

There are possible reasons to the ex players writing comments but have they got no shame!! These players are the ones who were being paid outrageous sums of money weekly, our highest paid players but got us relegated without a fight. Writing on a volunteers podcast etc is embarrassing. Grow up! The situation with Ross and yesterday is being discussed, fair enough but players like Liam Buchanan needs to leave it now.

What a p***k. I'm absolutely delighted that Liam has got it so far up you that you've turned into that level of bitter mess. Nobody decent wants to play for Cowdenbeath because your club is ran disgracefully - see the absolute utter fucking tinpot behaviour of not allowing the hat-trick scorer to take the matchball. Bitter, bitter, bitter. I hope the next time that Liam Buchanan swords your tinpot jobbers, he blows your kitman a lovely kiss! x

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

I see this season has finally tipped the big league team over the edge! Some seething comments about the league, ex players and fellow LL teams becoming more desperate. 

You have been shite, you didn't even have the maturity to give an ex player a baw for putting 3 past you, slagging off other teams in the league who have a fraction of the budget/history/support yet STILL do more year in year out than Cowdenbeath and thinking everything they do is below a club of your stature... 

So @Cowdenleith acting like a bairn because Newky dared to mention it is a bit pathetic tbh. We are all allowed an opinion, maybe you Billy Bigbaws of a club could learn a thing or 2 from guys like Newky who actually KNOW this level of football and save yourselves from slipping straight through the arse and into oblivion 

I’m not getting in another argument today but just like to say it great to see annoymous know alls like you who support f*** knows who, pop up after we’ve had (another) bad result and preach your wisdom.

I still don’t get the Billy big baws stuff about Cowden fans on here, love to see some examples of this if you could. Pointing out weird things about the LL set up/organisation doesn’t count as being too big for our boots.

34 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Berwick aren't even good, they barely had any chances and scored 4 really lucky goals. Cowdenbeath are excellent and Maurice is doing a fantastic job! Hopefully the young team have done Scottish football a favour and helped get that absolute disgrace of a stadium condemned. Merge with a junior club already ffs.

What a p***k. I'm absolutely delighted that Liam has got it so far up you that you've turned into that level of bitter mess. It couldn't be much clearer that Liam's problem is with that absolute bellend of a manager you have. While your club continues to employ the man who was sacked for racism and who is more interested in Rangers and conspiracy than your club's success, Cowdenbeath enable it and are part of the problem. You're blame shifting - complete denial about your clubs failure, and complete delusion at your kitman's babyish behaviour. Next time Buchanan swords your tinpot jobbers, I hope he blows you a lovely kiss x

What a p***k. I'm absolutely delighted that Liam has got it so far up you that you've turned into that level of bitter mess. You might remember that Liam, who is the Lowland League top scorer and netted three goals in yesterday's 4-0 demolition of tiny little Cowdenbeath, was frozen out by Maurice Ross. Perhaps Liam got a Covid jab and was no longer allowed to play? And trust me - nobody wants your season ticket. Stick it in the fucking bin where your club belongs. Next time Buchanan swords your tinpot jobbers, I hope he blows your cinema ticket a lovely kiss x

What a p***k. I'm absolutely delighted that Liam has got it so far up you that you've turned into that level of bitter mess. Nobody decent wants to play for Cowdenbeath because your club is ran disgracefully - see the absolute utter fucking tinpot behaviour of not allowing the hat-trick scorer to take the matchball. Bitter, bitter, bitter. I hope the next time that Liam Buchanan swords your tinpot jobbers, he blows your kitman a lovely kiss! x

You never disappoint 😀

1 hour ago, sailorcowden said:

Had a wee think over night and into today about the result yesterday and I still don't really see where we lost 4 nil. Don't think there was much between the two sides and after the initial pressure that brought Buchanan's first goal had more than our fair share of possession without really creating any clear cut chances. I guess that's where having a striker like Buchanan comes in handy though.

I don't really see the point in playing Scott Sinclair wide on the left, it really takes away any goal threat that he possesses. 

All in all a bad day at the office but we need to start taking wins from teams above us and not just those floating around the bottom. 

I’ll maintain we played well enough first half, were well in the match until Jordan Armstrong made a terrible hash of the through ball to give away the penalty fairly close to half time.

Second half was just one of those ones where you felt we could play all night and never score.

Are you going to have to suffer through it again to do the highlights? 😬😀

51 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

It’s Mothers Day, the poor poor woman.

3 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’ll maintain we played well enough first half, were well in the match until Jordan Armstrong made a terrible hash of the through ball to give away the penalty fairly close to half time.

Second half was just one of those ones where you felt we could play all night and never score.

Are you going to have to suffer through it again to do the highlights? 😬😀

Thankfully I'm an absolute luddite and all I have to do is move the camera about! Worst part of the job is not being able to sneak away early on games like that though! 

I'll get a watch of the "highlights" when they are released as a guy sat in front of me was under the impression that Farrell had called for the ball in the lead up to the penalty but I missed it looking through that wee screen. 

We were definitely in the game up until the penalty though and as you said could have played until the cows came home without scoring.  We've improved since the start of the season but there's a lot more work to do. 

3 hours ago, silkybeath said:

There are possible reasons to the ex players writing comments but have they got no shame!! These players are the ones who were being paid outrageous sums of money weekly, our highest paid players but got us relegated without a fight. Writing on a volunteers podcast etc is embarrassing. Grow up! The situation with Ross and yesterday is being discussed, fair enough but players like Liam Buchanan needs to leave it now.

Yeah I seen the podcast comment from Buchanan which was copied in to a few ex players from last season.

I’m hearing his attitude yesterday was stinking and arrogantly demanding the ball and was told to feck off by the person who just happened to have the ball at that time. It wasn’t the kit man !

All he had to do was surely ask one of his officials to make the request and I’m sure it would have been done but looks like the social media route more suits his agenda against the Club and plays up to his trougher pals from last season.

57 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Problem is also that Sinclair has been poor. He doesn't convert enough chances. 4 goals from open play. He is good at free kicks, but his touch and control let him down badly most of the time in open play. He usually has one touch and then loses possession. He has been in good positions in matches and often completely mishits the shot.

At the level he was playing, he would have had a tiny bit more time to take the shot, but not at this level. I don't know if he is just nervous or trying too hard and snatching at chances.

Slaven looks more likely to score from a good chance, but he seems really lazy. I get the impression that he might actually be quite fast, but he plods about and is usually too slow to react. If he made the runs a fraction earlier, I am sure he would score more.

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

🥳🤡

Might  as well  have my twopence worth. Shocking  mistake  by Armstrong  for the penalty  which was  probably  the decisive moment in  the  game. Sam Young had another good game.He has done well but  with Davo  Alfie  and Armstrong  already there did we really need another  centre back. We seem to be now trying to shoehorn  players  into positions they're  not really comfortable  with in order to play them.  None of our forwards  look like  they could burst a paper bag. Sinclair  wide left was another  strange  one. Dan Watt is slow but a really good  target  man. He needs players  close to him for flick ons   or  knock downs to get the best out of him.  Just like  Renton under Bollan he spends a lot of his energy  in fruitless chasing about and holding of defenders  while searching vainly for a team mate anywhere near  him.As for Liam I always felt Mo was asking him to do things that wasted his talents. When we beat Forfar  four one I was so relieved  that we had found the winning formula just in time  for the play off only for Mo to change the team. Not playing Liam in the first leg was a big mistake.  It's  all water under the bridge  now though. I liked the look of the young lad  we have  signed from Swifts so it's  not all doom and gloom 

2 hours ago, sailorcowden said:

Thankfully I'm an absolute luddite and all I have to do is move the camera about! Worst part of the job is not being able to sneak away early on games like that though! 

I'll get a watch of the "highlights" when they are released as a guy sat in front of me was under the impression that Farrell had called for the ball in the lead up to the penalty but I missed it looking through that wee screen. 

We were definitely in the game up until the penalty though and as you said could have played until the cows came home without scoring.  We've improved since the start of the season but there's a lot more work to do. 

It’s good of you to give up your time to take on the camera work, bonus that someone else gets to edit it. 😀

That’s an interesting theory about Farrell calling for the ball at the penalty, and the video might clear it up. We were in the old stand so good view, and didn’t seem like that was the case. Armstrong just seemed to misjudge the bounce completely then compounded it with a clumsy challenge, clear penalty.  

Liam’s getting the ball, but still he’s whining on.

Maybe there were reasons why they didn’t give him it yesterday, maybe some of them could be considered petty, but perhaps comments made by Liam since he left the club (which have not been as bad as some of last season’s losers, to be fair) left a bit of a bad taste at the club.

Hopefully he’ll let it rest now as well.

24 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

It’s good of you to give up your time to take on the camera work, bonus that someone else gets to edit it. 😀

That’s an interesting theory about Farrell calling for the ball at the penalty, and the video might clear it up. We were in the old stand so good view, and didn’t seem like that was the case. Armstrong just seemed to misjudge the bounce completely then compounded it with a clumsy challenge, clear penalty.  

After the hearts game I didn't sleep for the two days until the highlights were up as I thought I'd missed the 3rd goal! My wife was saying that I was starting to go grey off of fatherhood but it was definitely the wait to see if I got the goal in the shot 😂 quite enjoy doing it though take in a bit more of the flesh of the game rather than being stood around talking.

I'm the same with you and thought it had just been a defensive mistake but the guy was adamant that Farrell had called for the ball and then stopped. No complaints either way though and it was just frustrating as we were very much in the game until that point.

29 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Maybe there were reasons why they didn’t give him it yesterday, maybe some of them could be considered petty, but perhaps comments made by Liam since he left the club (which have not been as bad as some of last season’s losers, to be fair) left a bit of a bad taste at the club.

Oh deary me -it looks like it was a certain team co-ordinator who is responsible for this monumental act of bitterness. Perhaps if he put the same energy into coordinating a manager who isn't a complete and total roaster Cowdenbeath might not be scrapping it out for league position with giants such as Edinburgh University! I hope that next time Buchanan swords your tinpot jobbers, he blows your team co-ordinator a big fat lovely kiss x

Edited by berwick-the-unbeatable

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Moaning about yer manager week in week out.Moaning about crowd numbers. Moaning about sharing gate receipts.Moaning about a Mickey Mouse league.

Remember it was a failure in actually playing the game that have got you where you are today.

Did you get a parachute payment from the SPFL or has that stopped? Might no be much but that's a bonus wee teams like Dalbeattie and Strollers can only dream about. Talking of which Strollers seem a steady enough team in the league. Maybes take a look at how they're managing instead of moaning about poorly supported clubs and take things from there. They seem to manage just fine wi very limited numbers through the gates.

Shire, Berwick and yourselves have got to realise this "Mickey Mouse league" is going to get even stronger in the future and you will have no given right to actually be in it and that's not looking upwards. 

Walking away won't help yer club either. 

Scottish fitba has changed massively recently where you are now competing with ex junior clubs who are on the same level or bigger supporter wise and have money to compete on the park. 

There can be a lot of blame thrown around but that in my opinion is why you are at where you're at.

Probs upset many of you with this post but I'd rather see yous looking up the leagues than down. 

Best of luck to you for the future.

I've always said the LL will get better with the ex junior clubs eventually filtering up and should attract more away fans to games which is good for everyone.

I'm probably one of the few of our fans who has watched it on a regular on off basis over the years along with the other non leagues and knew what we were getting into, it seems like its been a bit of a culture shock for those who didn't know much about it.

I wouldn't disrespect any club I quite admire how the Strollers for example have managed to be a top end side despite a small fanbase and income - I would put it down to having a good manager who knows this level inside out.

The League isn't perfect and they shot themselves in the foot with the "one season" B teams which was never going to be the case but we just have to get over it. I'm not keen on them being there but 2 of our 3 highest crowds have been against them.

The fixture list can be annoying with the free cup weeks but I suppose the best way to overcome that would be not to get knocked out of them! We have however managed to fit rearranged games on some of the dates so it has been better recently.

Re the shared gates for the League cup yes we have the cost of a bus to Berwick but the home sides have the costs of hosting a game which would produce little income if you played someone with little or no traveling support.

At the end of the day our league position is down to us no one else.

35 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I find his bleating about it quite embarrassing to be honest, and shows a lack of class. However he got a few likes on social media so he will probably be happy with that.