There was a coo

Can I nominate myself as taxi driver to get rid of that cretin Ross? Please and thanks.

Feeble feeble stuff. I'm never happy to see my team lose but I can safely say I'm happy for Bucks. A man who could have dug us out a hole last season had it not been for that imposter in charge.

Done with home games until ross is gone, voting firmly with the wallet. The one roaster hurling abuse at buchanan is deluded to the fact that he among several others was driven away by the fraud that still gets a wage after losing the dressing room, getting relegated, picking a squad that still get ID'd for red bull, getting knocked out the cups without scoring once, snapping at players, getting battered by gretna, snapping at fans, and getting battered today by a side that are honestly nothing special between the boxes. Some list that

Not going to dwell on today’s result too much, don’t want that kind of Saturday evening.

I thought we played well enough first half, should never have been behind, but that’s the difference between having someone who’s scored about 20 goals this season, against a team with a top scorer of 6 or 7.

Lots of huffing and puffing second half but nothing at all, two almost identical goals in the second half that weren’t well defended.  Why bring Scott Sinclair on and play him wide on the left?

Gonna hide before Berwick the unbearable comes gloating along. 😬

Apart from their goals Berwick didn’t really have all that much chances, suppose they didn’t need them as we were laying them on a plate for them.

Liam was always going to score he always does against us.

Berwick arn’t that great but better than us.

I feel we are currently in the position of getting results against bottom half teams but struggle against the top half ones.

Good to see away fan’s although Berwick will be pulled up for some Lowland League rule for creating an atmosphere at a game😀

The new generation of young team however kept up the tradition of being arseholes, I heard there was some damage caused in the old stand and the police were there second half.

Edited by cowdenbeath

39 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The new generation of young team however kept up the tradition of being arseholes, I heard there was some damage caused in the old stand and the police were there second half.

Yeah, we sat in the old stand first half where we usually do, just along from them.  They were mostly just boisterous as young lads on an away day can get.  I think they saw we were Cowden fans, but didn’t try to get wide or anything.   We moved to the new stand second half though. 

Clearly interested in science though these boys, as they were constantly questioning Maurice’s vaccination status. 😬😀

Not surprised there was a bit of damage as they were thumping everything they could to make a racket, hopefully the bill for any damage is winging it’s way to Shielfield.

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, we sat in the old stand first half where we usually do, just along from them.  They were mostly just boisterous as young lads on an away day can get.  I think they saw we were Cowden fans, but didn’t try to get wide or anything.   We moved to the new stand second half though. 

Clearly interested in science though these boys, as they were constantly questioning Maurice’s vaccination status. 😬😀

Not surprised there was a bit of damage as they were thumping everything they could to make a racket, hopefully the bill for any damage is winging it’s way to Shielfield.

Wondered if you were in there. I was glad they were creating an atmosphere but no need for damage.

2 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Can I nominate myself as taxi driver to get rid of that cretin Ross? Please and thanks.

Feeble feeble stuff. I'm never happy to see my team lose but I can safely say I'm happy for Bucks. A man who could have dug us out a hole last season had it not been for that imposter in charge.

I was calling for Liam to be in the starting line up more than he was as last season wore on, I can remember saying that.

However, I had a look back at the programmes and he started the first six games in a row when Maurice was appointed without scoring.  Then had a spell where he was off the bench, scoring a couple of goals.

Then had another run as a starter, and the goals dried up again.

So only 2 goals since Maurice was appointed at the start of November 2021.  I’m not blaming Liam one bit, but maybe after Maurice’s first six games without a goal for Liam he was entitled to try something else.  

Unfortunately amongst those something else’s was David Carty who was one of the worst footballers I have ever seen. 😬

Nobody seemed to know what “damage “ was when I asked your guy he went on about a light?

there was nothing happening except usual banging of corrugated iron at back to make a racket. 

police seemed embarrassed to be there. 

i was there with youngest , he really enjoyed it and Cowden officials etc and fans always welcoming . I missed going there, should be equally good at Shielfield in April in cup

Edited by marty_j

9 minutes ago, PELE said:

More than a bit petty. If it is true, then it is pathetic.

Not at all. We don't owe Liam Buchanan anything. A lot of players would show a bit of respect when scoring against their former club and he couldn't have been happier. That might be down to his hatred of Maurice though.

And balls aren't cheap - why should we just hand over a £50 ball?

6 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Not at all. We don't owe Liam Buchanan anything. A lot of players would show a bit of respect when scoring against their former club and he couldn't have been happier. That might be down to his hatred of Maurice though.

If he'd scored the penalties he missed for Cowden we wouldn't be in this mess. Still like him though.

6 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

I thought Liam dealt with it ok, he celebrated the first goal front of his own fans, and the hat trick with the players, but I never saw him gesturing towards the crowd or the Cowden bench at any point during or after the game.

On the subject of expenses, can anyone from the club confirm that for the Lowland League Cup the gate is not split?  This was suggested on another thread, and it seems wholly unfair.

If the home club keep the gate, do Cowdenbeath even get expenses to cover the not inconsiderable cost of coach hire for the day?

It wasn’t until I saw that Berwick were marketing hospitality packages for the game which will make them more money (and why not, good luck to them) that I thought this is not right.

8 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I thought Liam dealt with it ok, he celebrated the first goal front of his own fans, and the hat trick with the players, but I never saw him gesturing towards the crowd or the Cowden bench at any point during or after the game.

On the subject of expenses, can anyone from the club confirm that for the Lowland League Cup the gate is not split?  This was suggested on another thread, and it seems wholly unfair.

If the home club keep the gate, do Cowdenbeath even get expenses to cover the not inconsiderable cost of coach hire for the day?

It wasn’t until I saw that Berwick were marketing hospitality packages for the game which will make them more money (and why not, good luck to them) that I thought this is not right.

Even if the gate is split it wouldn’t include hospitality I wouldn’t think maybe I am wrong

3 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Even if the gate is split it wouldn’t include hospitality I wouldn’t think maybe I am wrong

Oh no I didn’t mean that about the hospitality if I badly worded my post, it was when I read about selling hospitality that it thought this is a bit wrong if they get to keep all the gate money as well.

There are varied opinions I see but if Buchs had done his job, or even just turned up for the playoffs metaphorically and physically we might not be here.  This season.

Having said that, didn’t bother going today and there’s more and more games I am skipping regardless of venue.  Glad I went to the cinema instead today.

On the verge of offering anyone who wants it my season ticket for the rest of the season.