There was a coo

6 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yet through here in Edinburgh, the boastful chat is that the ‘Maroon pound’ is a massive money spinner for clubs the length and breadth of the country.  🤔

Have to admit on a night like Tuesday I don't know if I could be bothered traveling to watch a youth team.

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

Have to admit on a night like Tuesday I don't know if I could be bothered traveling to watch a youth team.

I don’t think their fans are interested full stop in their B team. Home crowds at Rosewell (and there are tons of Hearts fans in Midlothian) have been very low as well.

Meant to post earlier but i really enjoyed your game at Gala last weekend.

As a neutral either team could have won and good to see so many Cowdenbeath fans at the game.

Having followed the thread all season i kept an eye on your manager in the technical area. Bar a "same mistakes every week" comment after the first goal he was fairly reserved. 

Took in my first game since Cowden drew with BU in November. 

Independiente Medellin vs Magallanes (Chile) in the Copa Libertadores qualifier. Incredible atmosphere and tickets cheaper than CP! 

Keeping up to date with every miners match/highlights and it's certainly looking a lot brighter 2023. Would be amazing to get close to the 50 point mark (40 would do though).

20230315_203929.thumb.jpg.67308c892e588cffe3dac65f9b8794f9.jpg

Thoroughly looking forward to a trip to Falkirk stadium next weekend! Long awaited!

Mon the miners'

Edited by CowdenMiners1204

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

Meant to post earlier but i really enjoyed your game at Gala last weekend.

As a neutral either team could have won and good to see so many Cowdenbeath fans at the game.

Having followed the thread all season i kept an eye on your manager in the technical area. Bar a "same mistakes every week" comment after the first goal he was fairly reserved. 

Yeah, think it would have been a good game for the neutral. Folk slag off astro pitches but at this time of year you can see a far better game of football than on grass at times.

Maurice did seem on his best behaviour right enough. We often sit part of the game in the old stand at Central Park, well within earshot of the bench.

My daughter’s favourite comment of Maurice’s is ‘xxxxx ya f****** donut’.  I’ve told her I’m going to get him to call her that before the end of the season to make her day 🤣

Oh yeah, the soup at Gala was grand.

20 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, think it would have been a good game for the neutral. Folk slag off astro pitches but at this time of year you can see a far better game of football than on grass at times.

Maurice did seem on his best behaviour right enough. We often sit part of the game in the old stand at Central Park, well within earshot of the bench.

My daughter’s favourite comment of Maurice’s is ‘xxxxx ya f****** donut’.  I’ve told her I’m going to get him to call her that before the end of the season to make her day 🤣

Oh yeah, the soup at Gala was grand.

Due to the pies etc selling out I had the soup tuna roll combo nice alternative.

8 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Watched the highlights from the Hearts B game earlier, free kick for the 2nd goal was a cracker, seeing it from the stand view shows how much curl was on the ball which wasn't really apparent from the terracing where I watched it. 

Yeah, Scott got a great curl on the free kick.  There was a poster on this thread, think he was a Hearts fan, that said the wall was not positioned correctly, but the free kick was quite far to the right of the penalty area and the small wall of 2 looked about right to me, defence probably anticipated a cross from that angle. 

Also Dan was unlucky for the Hearts goal. It was a beautiful through ball, but Dan actually got to the ball, but was unlucky with the rebound that fell kindly for the Hearts player.

The match today will be a good test to see if we have improved any. Need to be more clinical in front of goal though. Hopefully get a few wins in the remaining matches and try and catch a few of the teams above us.

12 minutes ago, PELE said:

The match today will be a good test to see if we have improved any. Need to be more clinical in front of goal though. Hopefully get a few wins in the remaining matches and try and catch a few of the teams above us.

Certainly will be Berwick have only lost once in their last 9 games, last week against Caley Braves.

Yeah was down the high street earlier and seen them getting off their bus

52 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Hope there’s a decent crowd today, could see from Berwick’s Facebook page that they are running a supporter’s bus, so should get a bit better away support through the gate than most weeks.