There was a coo

6 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

And I was on the next one again, got on at Newcaraighall about 1.20 or something like that.

Lot of Cowden fans on the train back up, including the young lads that were photographed on Twitter, seemed a nice bunch of lads.

Did you manage to sprint up for the 1725 or did you get the 1755. Bit of a pain with the times used to be 1735.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Did you manage to sprint up for the 1725 or did you get the 1755. Bit of a pain with the times used to be 1735.

Yeah, managed to get the earlier one.  I was ready to make a sharp exit at the final whistle, and I walk pretty quickly so made it with about 10 minutes to spare, enough time to get a coffee for the train from the new Starbucks by the station as well 😀

Think quite a lot of the Cowden fans made that train, though there were a group just arriving as the doors shut, guard clearly wasn’t for opening the doors (or maybe couldn’t), felt a bit sorry for them, but only half an hour I guess until the next one.

40 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, managed to get the earlier one.  I was ready to make a sharp exit at the final whistle, and I walk pretty quickly so made it with about 10 minutes to spare, enough time to get a coffee for the train from the new Starbucks by the station as well 😀

Think quite a lot of the Cowden fans made that train, though there were a group just arriving as the doors shut, guard clearly wasn’t for opening the doors (or maybe couldn’t), felt a bit sorry for them, but only half an hour I guess until the next one.

That was good think it took me 20 minutes walking down so would have been ok if I didn't get the offer of a lift and at my door by 6.20.

I did notice the new Starbucks handy for the train home. Onetime me and my mates went to Tweedbank its a similar walk and there's a nice coffee shop there, nothing much else mind you!

I suppose once the doors are closed the driver is ready to go so the guard probably can't open them.

Edited by cowdenbeath

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

That was good think it took me 20 minutes walking down so would have been ok if I didn't get the offer of a lift and at my door by 6.20.

I did notice the new Starbucks handy for the train home. Onetime me and my mates went to Tweedbank its a similar walk and there's a nice coffee shop there, nothing much else mind you!

I suppose once the doors are closed the driver is ready to go so the guard probably can't open them.

Yeah I could see that that Netherdale looked about equidistant between Galashiels and Tweedbank stations, so did half think about going on to Tweedbank, but had visions of me getting lost on my own in the woods or something. 🤣

That’s pretty quick getting back over the water, I was almost the same time home in Edinburgh, as live a short drive from Newcraighall station, but I suppose the train is not all that quick in reality.

I’m not going to get over tomorrow night, I’m going to miss not being there as have been at most home games in recent times. Actually feel a bit guilty not going, is this normal? 🤣

Have a good excuse though, forgive me for sharing a quick ‘proud dad’ moment. My daughter is in primary 7, going to high school next year.

She’s a pretty good goalkeeper, and she decided to try out for the JD Performance high school at Broughton HS in Edinburgh (Keith Wright is the main man at the performance programme at Broughton HS). 

It’s not split boys/girls, she had to prove herself as good as the boys, and has got through two tough trials at Broughton and has got all the way to the third and final trial which is at Toryglen in Glasgow on Friday (where they join up with kids that have come through trials from the other 6 performance schools across Scotland - though there’s not one in Fife which I think is a glaring omission).

It’s going to be incredibly difficult, but no matter how she does she has done amazingly well getting this far and me and her Mum are so proud of her.  At the second Broughton trial there were only 4 girls plus about 40 boys, we think maybe only two girls have got through to Toryglen.

So, it’s all about getting her ready this week for that, so can’t make it over to the game tomorrow, much as I would like to.  

Edited by Cowdenleith

19 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah I could see that that Netherdale looked about equidistant between Galashiels and Tweedbank stations, so did half think about going on to Tweedbank, but had visions of me getting lost on my own in the woods or something. 🤣

That’s pretty quick getting back over the water, I was almost the same time home in Edinburgh, as live a short drive from Newcraighall station, but I suppose the train is not all that quick in reality.

The roads were pretty clear got a good run wouldn't have got back to Cowden until 7.37 and another 10 minutes to walk up the road so happy with that.

The path to Tweedbank goes along the rail line from what I can remember it was all trees on the other side, best heading to Gala station.

4 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’m not going to get over tomorrow night, can’t deny I’m going to miss not being there as have been at most home games in recent times. Actually feel a bit guilty not going, is this normal? 🤣

Have a good excuse though, forgive me for sharing a quick ‘proud dad’ moment. My daughter is in primary 7, going to high school next year.

She’s a pretty good goalkeeper, and she decided to try out for the JD Performance high school at Broughton HS in Edinburgh (Keith Wright is the main man at the performance programme at Broughton HS). 

It’s not split boys/girls, she had to prove herself as good as the boys, and has got through two tough trials at Broughton and has got all the way to the third and final trial which is at Toryglen in Glasgow on Friday (where they join up with kids that have come through trials from the other 6 performance schools across Scotland - though there’s not one in Fife which I think is a glaring omission).

It’s going to be incredibly difficult, but no matter how she does she has done amazingly well getting this far and me and her Mum are so proud of her.  At the second Broughton trial there were only 4 girls plus about 40 boys, we think maybe only two girls have got through to Toryglen.

So, it’s all about getting her ready this week for that, so can’t make it over to the game tomorrow, much as I would like to.  

Hope she gets in Keith is a really good guy got to know him well when he was both manager and player at Cowden.

Edited by cowdenbeath

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Hope she gets in Keith is a really good guy got to know him well when he was both manager and player at Cowden.

Thank you, she puts her improvement these last couple of years down to when she started going to Cammy Gill’s goalkeeping academy. Cammy and his coaches are great, and it’s because she wanted to go and see Cammy in action back in 2021 is how we started following Cowden.  

And despite Cammy moving on, we enjoyed going to watch Cowdenbeath so much, despite the turbulent season, that we have not stopped and don’t intend to…🤣

Keith seems a really nice guy, not had the chance to speak to him or anything, he was at Cowdenbeath for a decent stretch wasn’t he? 

18 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’m not going to get over tomorrow night, I’m going to miss not being there as have been at most home games in recent times. Actually feel a bit guilty not going, is this normal? 🤣

Good luck to your wee one Neebs! Will be rooting for her 

8 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Thank you, she puts her improvement these last couple of years down to when she started going to Cammy Gill’s goalkeeping academy. Cammy and his coaches are great, and it’s because she wanted to go and see Cammy in action back in 2021 is how we started following Cowden.  

And despite Cammy moving on, we enjoyed going to watch Cowdenbeath so much, despite the turbulent season, that we have not stopped and don’t intend to…🤣

Keith seems a really nice guy, not had the chance to speak to him or anything, he was at Cowdenbeath for a decent stretch wasn’t he? 

He was there for 4 and a bit years. Once scored 4 goals down at Berwick.

15 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Berwick away in the lowland league Cup.

Mmmm, wouldn’t have been my first choice tie. Until the weekend they had been on a helluva run.  Liam’s been on fire since that last game we played at Shielfield.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Good luck to your daughter. Does she wear a Cowden top for luck? 

When my son was that age, he wore his Cowden strip at the Scotland trials. At that time the Fife kids either went to St Johns (Dundee) or Broughton. There was talk of Glenrothes High becoming a performance school, but the head moved on and nothing happened. Don't know if the local authority has to stump up cash for the privilege. They did build the indoor complex at the old FIPRE centre though. You would think the girls and boys trials would be separate.

If you believe the weather forecast, then it must be touch and go for tomorrow night. Bad flooding in Fife and rain changed to snow about six o'clock and temperature was dropping fast.

9 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

the winner of that will host either Dalbeattie star or Stirling uni

Sat 29th April for the away day to Berwick. Then at home on 6th of May if we get through. Surely the peasants can't attend football on the very day of Chic's coronation 🙂. Outrageous.