There was a coo

11 hours ago, silkybeath said:

I 100% agree that Mo being at Ibrox before game has nothing to do with losing the game. He will have prepared the team for the game and tactics would have been discussed in training over the course of the week. 

I have my own personal opinions with regards to the manager but feel it is unfair to focus on negatives after 1 defeat following a more successful run of results of late.

Agree though with being at another scottish team before our game in Cowdenbeath kit was not the best move and choosing to put this on twitter.

Not the biggest deal the photo it would have been hours before the game and no bearing on it.

He could have posted a pic of himself being in Tesco getting his messages at the same time and no one would have bothered.

Maybe not the best of ideas as a lot of folk can’t be bothered with the Old Firm but not a game changer re the match.

It is a shame focusing on it after a positive start to 2023 overall.

Should have had a point yesterday with the second half performance but we move on.

21 hours ago, monthecoo said:

That was bloody dreadful, tactics all wrong.

Sinclair stuck out on the left while Slaven played through the middle and didn't look like he had a clue what he was meant to be doing. Sinclair should be playing central.

Garrad looked decent when he came on. Not sure why he isn't starting ahead of Love who offers very little - other than a guaranteed yellow card.

Gaffer got it all wrong yesterday for me. Constant long high balls to slaven who for the height of him can’t win a header or hold the ball up. Big no.5 cb for them won everything in the air yet we still kept playing it to his side. Centre mids were poor and lazy they passed around us like we were a sunday league side. Of course after a few changes in the second half we improved and were unlucky not to come away with a point minimum. Watt has to start games slaven needs to stay far away from them.

Christ, the lengths some of you lot will go to in order to excuse Maurice Ross :lol: He is a proven w**k. He is a conspiracy nut who continues to embarrass your club by publicly expressing his moronic views, showing more interest in his big club than yours on a matchday and having a past which, whether you like it or not, includes having to walk from a role after making racist comments. They are all facts, and all facts that actually, your manager is far more of a bellend than I could ever be. But, but, but, we don't have enough money to sack him! We've just enough to make a new signing every week.

And as for Nelly, that was some quite bizarre deflection. There's absolutely nothing personal between us. I don't know who you are and if anything I respect the work you put in on behalf of your club. I think you wear incredibly heavily tinted specs when it comes to certain matters and that as a result of your involvement, you fail to look things objectively and defend things with a high amount of bias. I suspect when Ross is finally moved on, you and most Cowden fans will look back on the spell thinking 'what a disaster he was'. As things stand now though, you'd think he was Pep.

Anything good from Cowdenbeath this season has come from the work of the likes of Nelly, the board, the volunteers, the new scouting system and so on. Like we've experienced ourselves, you'll be far better off when you have a credible figure at the top. 

6 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

I think berwick-the-unbeatable's point about most of us will look negatively upon Maurice's era once he is gone is correct. Let me make this absolutely clear, Maurice's contract should not be renewed at the end of the season. A few good results in the last two months does not excuse the disaster of the last 13 months of HIS management while we sit SIXTEETH in the FIFTH tier.

I have no respect for Maurice as he has shown no respect for us. So many instances.
1) Going on a crappy Rangers podcast saying "he is operating at a lower level than his abilities" being at Cowdenbeath - well piss off and find a job higher up the pyramid, but the reality for him is there is no club at the level which would take. 
2) In the morning of an important game for us to climb the table, he is at Ibrox in his Cowdenbeath tracksuit and thinks it is appropriate to post this on twitter.
3) At Bo'ness when we scored a brief equaliser, he shouted across at us "get it ****ing up you's", we said nothing to warrant this.
4) I don't like the way he speaks to players and fans. From Drifter at Gretna to calling Alfie "a useless lanky ****" at Gretna to calling Carlos Lyon "you are nothing but a waste of ****ing space". Does this man ever learn from the mistakes of words in the past, such as at Nott's County? The evidence suggests not.
I could go on but we would be here all day.

We were relegated for a magnitude of reasons but I rank the causes in the following order:
1) The scrapping of our reserve team and youth development side 
I was looking at an old reserve programme from over a decade ago and we had such a good reserve team who all went to have great careers mostly. Let's be absolutely clear, the scrap of our youth development programme was a massive part in our recent downfall. Instead of relying on us to create cheap talent that filter into first team, we have relied on average talent deemed not good enough from other academies and paying over the odds for them.
2) Poor managerial appointments and taking too long to sack them
Too many below-average appointments such as Fox, Nish and Locke that did not last long. Bollan did well in parts and had a good season in the season that was curtailed due to covid. The club took too long to sack him Bollan last season. I believe if he was sacked earlier we would have survived. Maurice should have been sacked in September/October. He has had two chances with two different squads and it is not worked.
3) Stuck in old ways and fans feeling undervalued
The club have done so many things the way have done for years and become complacent. All my friends that used to come to the games 5/10 years ago stopped coming because they felt undervalued and that they were not getting value for money the further down pyramid we fell. Plus the additional costs of catering at Central which is much higher than anywhere else. What parent in Cowdenbeath can afford £4.50 for a hot dog for two kids. The club could have offered cheap days for entry but it is suggested every time but they say they will take it on board but nothing never happens. We have never done enough to encourage fans back.
4) The way the club treats volunteers
The old boys at programme stall and around ground volunteer their time out of the goodness of their heart and get treated like rubbish. That is why the club cannot keep volunteers. I had a friend who worked in the media team a while back and he was not even get offered basic food and drink for their time. The most of the directors never spoke to them once in year and half he volunteered there. A basic thank you would have been nice for their time.

Anyway I got what I wanted to say off my chest. 

That's some post mate. However, our recent problems are surely due to £'s. 

We'll never have a big enough support to generate a lot of money which in turn means that your concerns won't go away any time soon. 

I don't know how volunteers are treated but that's a real shame and something that could easily be put right.

As for managerial appointments, that seems to be a problem at many clubs but I thought the atmosphere at CP was good. Just look at the problems Aberdeen have (or had?)

Difficult times for us all. Keep the faith.

32 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

I think berwick-the-unbeatable's point about most of us will look negatively upon Maurice's era once he is gone is correct. Let me make this absolutely clear, Maurice's contract should not be renewed at the end of the season. A few good results in the last two months does not excuse the disaster of the last 13 months of HIS management while we sit SIXTEETH in the FIFTH tier.

I have no respect for Maurice as he has shown no respect for us. So many instances.
1) Going on a crappy Rangers podcast saying "he is operating at a lower level than his abilities" being at Cowdenbeath - well piss off and find a job higher up the pyramid, but the reality for him is there is no club at the level which would take. 
2) In the morning of an important game for us to climb the table, he is at Ibrox in his Cowdenbeath tracksuit and thinks it is appropriate to post this on twitter.
3) At Bo'ness when we scored a brief equaliser, he shouted across at us "get it ****ing up you's", we said nothing to warrant this.
4) I don't like the way he speaks to players and fans. From Drifter at Gretna to calling Alfie "a useless lanky ****" at Gretna to calling Carlos Lyon "you are nothing but a waste of ****ing space". Does this man ever learn from the mistakes of words in the past, such as at Nott's County? The evidence suggests not.

We were relegated for a magnitude of reasons but I rank the causes in the following order:
I was looking at an old reserve programme from over a decade ago and we had such a good reserve team who all went to have great careers mostly. Let's be absolutely clear, the scrap of our youth development programme was a massive part in our recent downfall. Instead of relying on us to create cheap talent that filter into first team, we have relied on average talent deemed not good enough from other academies and paying over the odds for them.
Too many below-average appointments such as Fox, Nish and Locke that did not last long. Bollan did well in parts and had a good season in the season that was curtailed due to covid. The club took too long to sack him Bollan last season. I believe if he was sacked earlier we would have survived. Maurice should have been sacked in September/October. He has had two chances with two different squads and it is not worked.
The club have done so many things the way have done for years and become complacent. All my friends that used to come to the games 5/10 years ago stopped coming because they felt undervalued and that they were not getting value for money the further down pyramid we fell. Plus the additional costs of catering at Central which is much higher than anywhere else. What parent in Cowdenbeath can afford £4.50 for a hot dog for two kids. The club could have offered cheap days for entry but it is suggested every time but they say they will take it on board but nothing never happens. We have never done enough to encourage fans back.
The old boys at programme stall and around ground volunteer their time out of the goodness of their heart and get treated like rubbish. That is why the club cannot keep volunteers. I had a friend who worked in the media team a while back and he was not even get offered basic food and drink for their time. The most of the directors never spoke to them once in year and half he volunteered there. A basic thank you would have been nice for their time.

You make some fair points.  I'm not a huge fan of Maurice myself from my personal encounters with him and I've not made a match this season so I'm not really able to pass comment.  However you are going way over the top on the board.  

One of your comments is about offering cheap days for entry.  We've 100% done that in the past. Hell do we not offer a Kids go Free thing just now for Under 12s? It's £30 for a season ticket for Under 16s as well so the club have done plenty to encourage the next generation through the gates.  The only thing that will improve attendances is having a winning team.  I don't believe us changing manager will automatically mean we'll start winning every game.

Letting Maurice goes means a whole new coaching team comes in, who will no doubt want their own players in and we go through the same cycle again.  We're going to have a couple of seasons in the middle of the Lowland League because financially we can't afford to compete with other clubs at the top of the table.  It's as simple as that. 

Finally was the youth team not stopped because the league changed?  I might be totally wrong but it's why the Fife Academy was made?

Always keep an eye on Cowden, great place to visit once or twice a year, plus no matter how shite ICT are, there's always somebody worse off.
Read the Mo article this morning and just popped over here to see what people were saying about it. BTW what happened at Gretna with Drifter?
Any Cowden games I've been at, to be fair, MR has always seemed non-aggressive and encouraging towards the players, even too quiet, but then you guys see it every week.
Genuinely shocking if volunteers like Andy & Dave don't get a wee perk on matchdays, not that they'd expect it.

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

You make some fair points.  I'm not a huge fan of Maurice myself from my personal encounters with him and I've not made a match this season so I'm not really able to pass comment.  However you are going way over the top on the board.  

One of your comments is about offering cheap days for entry.  We've 100% done that in the past. Hell do we not offer a Kids go Free thing just now for Under 12s? It's £30 for a season ticket for Under 16s as well so the club have done plenty to encourage the next generation through the gates.  The only thing that will improve attendances is having a winning team.  I don't believe us changing manager will automatically mean we'll start winning every game.

Letting Maurice goes means a whole new coaching team comes in, who will no doubt want their own players in and we go through the same cycle again.  We're going to have a couple of seasons in the middle of the Lowland League because financially we can't afford to compete with other clubs at the top of the table.  It's as simple as that. 

Finally was the youth team not stopped because the league changed?  I might be totally wrong but it's why the Fife Academy was made?

Ye, Fife Elite started up due to league situation at youth level and criteria. Unfortunately, it was always going to be something that would fail for Cowdenbeath/East Fife in the long term due to players of a decent standard going to always pick the Pars or Raith. The setup also suited Dunfermline at the time due to them also not meeting criteria for elite level youth entry.

We really missed out on not running community teams from 5 years up and this is something that is huge for Kelty. The young fan base is helpful moving forward. Hopefully link with Blue Brazil will rectify this over the next few years as we establish under 20s teams etc.

2 hours ago, silkybeath said:

Ye, Fife Elite started up due to league situation at youth level and criteria. Unfortunately, it was always going to be something that would fail for Cowdenbeath/East Fife in the long term due to players of a decent standard going to always pick the Pars or Raith. The setup also suited Dunfermline at the time due to them also not meeting criteria for elite level youth entry.

We really missed out on not running community teams from 5 years up and this is something that is huge for Kelty. The young fan base is helpful moving forward. Hopefully link with Blue Brazil will rectify this over the next few years as we establish under 20s teams etc.

Wee clubs got shafted for grants re youth development when the SFA pushed for Academies so you ended up with Fife and Forth Valley.

I probably went to more of our youth games than most back in the day shame it ended but it would have been costly Gordon McDougall would have put a lot of money into it back in the day.

7 hours ago, monthecoo said:

We're not that old not me anyway😀, well maybe I am😀

32 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Probably when I was young I would have thought we were old😀 i'm the youngest though😎

Aye I know what you mean, and the scary thing is it doesn’t seem that long ago. 😬

Anyway, enough of the reflective musings(!), are you using the existing programme from the postponed game on Saturday?

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

Aye I know what you mean, and the scary thing is it doesn’t seem that long ago. 😬

Anyway, enough of the reflective musings(!), are you using the existing programme from the postponed game on Saturday?

Yes same programme.

7 hours ago, monthecoo said:

At 37 this year I doubt I could be classed as a whippersnapper either 😥. Old boys was not an insult @cowdenbeath . I should older than me with wiser heads! Seeing all you cheery self's at the front makes a matchday for me, you guys are what still makes the club great 👍. I hope you all know you are appreciate by me and other fans as there would not be a matchday without you.

I just said it as a joke I knew it wasn’t an insult just trying to lighten the mood.