There was a coo

I was expecting to post that a points a point I suppose in a pretty turgid affair. And it was that, but a stoppage time winner makes it feel a whole lot better. 🤣

Was so pleased for the players and the staff, and could see what it meant to them all when the goal went in, celebrating big style. Enjoy your evening lads.

Braves looked much more likely to score for much of the second half but you could see we stepped it up last ten minutes, good pressure at the end.

Got bloody cold last 20 minutes or what? 🥶

What an utterly horrendous game of football. Only one team wanted to play the right way and it wasn't us.

That said, obviously we're all delighted with that result. It clearly meant a lot to everyone on the park and it was brilliant to see the celebrations. There's a couple of the Braves players I wouldn't mind seeing in Cowden colours though, they'll be deflated tonight as they put some shift in too so fair play.

Couple of points; Alfie was an absolute animal at the back. No nonsense and effort levels that every player in the squad should aspire to (albeit plenty of effort from every player was evident today) and rightly becoming a popular player for us. He reminds me a bit of Innes Ritchie in that he's not the most technically gifted player but an absolute workhorse that does the basics of defending well.

Hoping the injury to Black isn't serious - the only one that had a bit of composure in the middle of the park when he was on.

Can we PLEASE (and I'm deadly serious) turn the PA system down a lot. It is genuinely horrendous at half time, screeching away at top volume. Absolutely unnecessary.

Very happy tonight at the result and the togetherness/fight from my team despite it being torture to watch.

2 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

What an utterly horrendous game of football. Only one team wanted to play the right way and it wasn't us.

That said, obviously we're all delighted with that result. It clearly meant a lot to everyone on the park and it was brilliant to see the celebrations. There's a couple of the Braves players I wouldn't mind seeing in Cowden colours though, they'll be deflated tonight as they put some shift in too so fair play.

Couple of points; Alfie was an absolute animal at the back. No nonsense and effort levels that every player in the squad should aspire to (albeit plenty of effort from every player was evident today) and rightly becoming a popular player for us. He reminds me a bit of Innes Ritchie in that he's not the most technically gifted player but an absolute workhorse that does the basics of defending well.

Hoping the injury to Black isn't serious - the only one that had a bit of composure in the middle of the park when he was on.

Can we PLEASE (and I'm deadly serious) turn the PA system down a lot. It is genuinely horrendous at half time, screeching away at top volume. Absolutely unnecessary.

Very happy tonight at the result and the togetherness/fight from my team despite it being torture to watch.

At the end of the day i'm happy we battled to the end to get the win, no point in pretty football all the time sometimes you have to grind out wins.

Going into the match Braves had scored 95 goals and only twice had they failed to score against Bo'ness early in the season and at EK in the Scottish Cup in October.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Poor today, but some good individual performances. I thought Young was very good. Only 17 and played like an experienced pro. If he plays like that every week he will do well in the game. Shame he is a townie player 🙂. He didn't put a foot wrong and was even directing some of the older players.

It was funny when Sinclair shouted that we need to use the ball better when his touch and control are awful most of the time, even more so today. How did he miss that chance?

46 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

There's a couple of the Braves players I wouldn't mind seeing in Cowden colours though, they'll be deflated tonight as they put some shift in too so fair play.

I wasn’t all that impressed with any of their players individually, other than the left back at number 3, he got forward at every opportunity and caused some problems.

Nae idea of their names as although they seem quite social media savvy (they had lads doing a live commentary just down from us in the old stand), didn’t bother to post their team line up anywhere I could see. 🤣

4 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I wasn’t all that impressed with any of their players individually, other than the left back at number 3, he got forward at every opportunity and caused some problems.

Nae idea of their names as although they seem quite social media savvy (they had lads doing a live commentary just down from us in the old stand), didn’t bother to post their team line up anywhere I could see. 🤣

Number 3 is Jamie Walker.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Wouldn’t touch the rags he writes for, but good video.

Wonder if he was over to write some patronising article as his beloved Hearts were idle today?

I've spoken to him a few times at games. He's not a Hearts supporter, although it's his job to cover Hearts for the Hootsman/EEN.  He is/was a youth coach at Livingston.  His laddie was there for a while but now plays for Stoneyburn.