There was a coo

51 minutes ago, weanjohnson said:

A talbot fan I know has made me aware that ex cowden man Jack Morris is now a main event star in Japanese wrestling. The promoter used this picture in the hype package for his title shot on Sunday, maybe we'll draw in some fans from Japan as well as Brazil 🤞

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_0c149786-d930-4a56-9967-3aefbeda1762.jpg

Maybe Rie is still over there. She can cheer him on.

1 hour ago, weanjohnson said:

A talbot fan I know has made me aware that ex cowden man Jack Morris is now a main event star in Japanese wrestling. The promoter used this picture in the hype package for his title shot on Sunday, maybe we'll draw in some fans from Japan as well as Brazil 🤞

He was Jack Nicholson when he was at Cowden. He dad, Derek, was a coach at Cowden as well and I think is still a coach at Alloa.

As we have all started to adjust to life in the Lowland League this season how interesting looking upwards does League Two look as a neutral? Anyone from 3rd downwards could be pulled into the trapdoor battle. Nail biting end to the season for these clubs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-league-two/table

18 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

As we have all started to adjust to life in the Lowland League this season how interesting looking upwards does League Two look as a neutral? Anyone from 3rd downwards could be pulled into the trapdoor battle. Nail biting end to the season for these clubs.

My money on Bonnyrigg to come back down this season and Brechin to go back up which will mean two clubs drop out of LL

14 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Yeah it’s really tight, Bonnyrigg just lost tonight at home to Stirling, and they are sitting bottom just behind Albion Rovers.

I do fear a bit for Albion Rovers, have a bit of a soft spot for them, I think if they come down to the LL they could struggle a bit like we have.

East Fife were on a bad run, but they have righted the ship a little and Stenny should be ok, so for me it’s between Stranraer, Rovers and Bonnyrigg.  Not exactly sticking my neck out as they are the bottom three 😁

Still have a bit of a sour taste after the loss to Bonnyrigg, so if they came back down I wouldn’t exactly be devastated.

10 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah it’s really tight, Bonnyrigg just lost tonight at home to Stirling, and they are sitting bottom just behind Albion Rovers.

I do fear a bit for Albion Rovers, have a bit of a soft spot for them, I think if they come down to the LL they could struggle a bit like we have.

East Fife were on a bad run, but they have righted the ship a little and Stenny should be ok, so for me it’s between Stranraer, Rovers and Bonnyrigg.  Not exactly sticking my neck out as they are the bottom three 😁

Still have a bit of a sour taste after the loss to Bonnyrigg, so if they came back down I wouldn’t exactly be devastated.

Me too 😂

And Bonnyrigg with Darvel or Linlithgow added would bring better crowds than the current bottom 2 in the LL

13 hours ago, weanjohnson said:

hope he's better at wrestling than football anyway

8 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

hope he's better at wrestling than football anyway

I don't know what happened to him after he left Cowden. The only appearance I can remember him making was in a 3-0 win over East Fife in the Challenge Cup. Came off the bench and missed a one on one.

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

I don't know what happened to him after he left Cowden. The only appearance I can remember him making was in a 3-0 win over East Fife in the Challenge Cup. Came off the bench and missed a one on one.

He had a short spell at the Shire.

Hopefully people can turn out tomorrow for what is a big game to get back to winning ways hopefully after a decent performance last Saturday.

There should be a new loan signing in the squad tomorrow and andy black should be back in the squad after coming through training this week.

Squad is healthy in terms of competition now.

Davo will miss next 2 games due to suspension.

Mon the cowden.

57 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Hopefully people can turn out tomorrow for what is a big game to get back to winning ways hopefully after a decent performance last Saturday.

There should be a new loan signing in the squad tomorrow and andy black should be back in the squad after coming through training this week.

Mon the cowden.

You would hope that the improved results would entice some people back.

1 hour ago, NELLY 1 said:

Mon the cowden.

Did the club decide in the end it wasn’t worth appealing the sending off?

We have managed without Davidson recently (Uni of Stirling game) and can again.

Good to hear of another loanee for the squad.

15 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Probably not worth it. We aren't pushing for promotion or at risk of relegation.

29 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

The club appealed based on comments by the referee at the time and due to video evidence once appealing the ref changed his thoughts to be the actual foul was the reason why he was sent off. Anyhow it is what it is we move on but someone like davo is hugely important for the starting x1. He will be missing for 2 games and will be able to be selected against celtic b.

8 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

The club appealed based on comments by the referee at the time and due to video evidence once appealing the ref changed his thoughts to be the actual foul was the reason why he was sent off. Anyhow it is what it is we move on but someone like davo is hugely important for the starting x1. He will be missing for 2 games and will be able to be selected against celtic b.

Thanks, absolute weasely behaviour by the officials, and as I thought they just circle the wagons and protect their own.

We’ve all made mistakes at our work, what’s wrong with admitting it and moving on, no harm done to be wrong sometimes, but no, not f***ing referees.

So,  17 year old Sam Young from Dunfermline on loan.

I will admit I have never heard of him as I don’t follow Dunfermline goings on in any form. A couple of their fans over on their main thread have expressed surprise they have let him go on loan as might have needed him for cover, so sounds like he is well rated.

Well done the club on getting this loan done.

I thought I was I going to have a near impossible task convincing the missus that she wanted to go to Cowdenbeath two Saturdays in a row.

Turns out she wants to go to a shop at Hermiston Gait which is way over the other side of Edinburgh from us. I pointed out it’s not far from the bridge really, got a bit of a look, short negotiation, but deal done, better get the tickets bought. 😀

Although last weeks crowd was obviously boosted by away fans, it felt like there was more Cowden fans than there have been lately, so hope the crowd can hold up a little today. Even it we got half of last week’s crowd that would be an improvement on some games where there are literally no away fans (I am assuming that will be the case).  Weather could be better though.