There was a coo

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I noticed as well the Rangers players are well trained in the art of going down to win a foul😀

I have seen at first hand this is drilled into the youngsters at both the bigots from an early age. 
Cynical is being diplomatic, ruthless for sure. Primary school age and onwards. 

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Believe Rangers paid £100k for him he may have been better staying with Hibs seems like a cracking young squad they have with a few on the verge of the first team.

Connor scored a good goal for them against us earlier in the season for their winner.

The boy Lovelace looks a really good player he just turned 17 a few weeks ago. He is the second youngest player to play in Millwall's first team - if he dosn't make it at Rangers he will somewhere.

Yeah different world, paying sizeable fees for youngsters.

Zac Lovelace was excellent I thought as well, their best player. Didn’t realise he’d just turned 17 😬 I expected more from Robbie Ure, he seems to bang the goals in most weeks, think he has had a couple of outings for the first team as well, but was quiet today.

8 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

I have seen at first hand this is drilled into the youngsters at both the bigots from an early age. 
Cynical is being diplomatic, ruthless for sure. Primary school age and onwards. 

Aye, sounds like the other half were much the same at Bo’ness today going by some of the comments on their thread.

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

Sums up football today that the dark arts are the first thing kids are taught. We lost more than Rangers did from the sendings off. Decent effort today, just the same, we are definitely improving.

Aye, the Rangers no5 was a bombscare.

Was disappointed when he was sent off!

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

No problem at all, you’re very welcome. Aww lovely picture of the next generation of fan, and having a good wee nap too, bonus. 😀

I feel a wee bit deflated today, especially after taking the lead and having a good chance to go 2 up, then they equalised almost immediately after that.

Had a decent view of the sending off incident, thought it was a daft challenge by Davo, kind of pulled him back quite high about shoulder height. Don’t think it was a sending off though, just a yellow.  I didn’t see Davo getting involved after that he just walked away when the Rangers number 5 lost the plot.   He had to send off the Rangers player, but you just knew the ref would want to even it up and took the easy option.

The Rangers players are technically very good, but I thought they were quite cynical, knew when to go down, always getting the free kicks in their favour.

Bit disappointed in the second half response, one really good save from the Rangers keeper, and a couple of half chances, but maybe being unfair and it was just a well drilled Rangers team didn’t allow them the space to create.

I agree, Davo pulled the boy back which is a definite yellow but then walked away from the afters. Meanwhile the Rangers boy ran 40 yards to start throwing punches at anyone he met on the way. Ref definitely took the easy route and sent a player from each team off.

I blame VAR, all the Refs needed to run the Premier League and only the dross is left for the lower leagues.

Not a chance in hell we'll get anywhere near that for a crowd next game. A LOT of local Rangers fans there today. So fucking sad really.

Lovelace is an outstanding talent, he'll likely go far. The tackle on him was more suited to the rugby but it certainly didn't merit a red card - it'll be interesting to see if Davidson had a dig at the boy while on the ground, it would maybe go some way to explain the daft reaction from their boy that was sent off even though he swung at Alfie (who I thought was excellent today).

We didn't lay a glove on them in the 2nd half really, mainly down to them having technically superior and fitter players but there was plenty dig about us. With a settled squad going into next season and hopefully some more decent players, I'd be hopeful of having a far better season. I'd be quite happy for Mr Ross not to be in charge though.

13 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Not a chance in hell we'll get anywhere near that for a crowd next game. A LOT of local Rangers fans there today. So fucking sad really.

Lovelace is an outstanding talent, he'll likely go far. The tackle on him was more suited to the rugby but it certainly didn't merit a red card - it'll be interesting to see if Davidson had a dig at the boy while on the ground, it would maybe go some way to explain the daft reaction from their boy that was sent off even though he swung at Alfie (who I thought was excellent today).

We didn't lay a glove on them in the 2nd half really, mainly down to them having technically superior and fitter players but there was plenty dig about us. With a settled squad going into next season and hopefully some more decent players, I'd be hopeful of having a far better season. I'd be quite happy for Mr Ross not to be in charge though.

The reaction of the Rangers player was par for the course, trying to influence the ref. No way was Davo going to stay on after that.

Just watched the game back. Davidson clearly doesn't stamp or slap a player as reported at time. He fouls the player. Yellow card offence then actually comes out the melee. Have to see the report from the ref and see exactly what ref has sent him off for. From there maybe we can appeal but that costs money!!. 

Shame as if we had a man advantage I'm pretty confident we would have got a positive result.

Performance was excellent yesterday with all the boys working hard and there's a great vibe at the club presently. Let's go again next week and get a victory which will be a real challenge as caley braves have some very good players and are on a great run. 

3 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Just watched the game back. Davidson clearly doesn't stamp or slap a player as reported at time. He fouls the player. Yellow card offence then actually comes out the melee. Have to see the report from the ref and see exactly what ref has sent him off for. From there maybe we can appeal but that costs money!!. 

Shame as if we had a man advantage I'm pretty confident we would have got a positive result.

Performance was excellent yesterday with all the boys working hard and there's a great vibe at the club presently. Let's go again next week and get a victory which will be a real challenge as caley braves have some very good players and are on a great run. 

That mirrors how I felt when I watched it, had a good view from the top of the terracing.

It wasn’t the best challenge, but no more than a yellow card, and I didn’t see him getting involved in any of the afters.

I always think appeals are loaded against the player, I feel the officials will generally close ranks and not admit one of their brethren made a mess of it, unless it was so obvious that they can’t sweep it under the carpet.

32 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

I thought it was a booking at the time.

If he wasn’t involved in what happened after that’s what it should have been.

Just out of curiosity, how much is it to appeal?

I didn't feel Davo did anything to merit a red car at the time and this backs that up.

The officials throughout Scottish football are a complete disgrace but the 2 arse cheeks will always think they're against them of course.

39 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I didn't feel Davo did anything to merit a red car at the time and this backs that up.

The officials throughout Scottish football are a complete disgrace but the 2 arse cheeks will always think they're against them of course.

Think its £500 used to be that anyway.

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

@NELLY 1  mentioned that the referee report will say exactly why Davidson was sent off.  

If the video evidence shows that the player did not commit the offence reported by the referee, then surely Cowden could submit the video evidence and it’s a slam dunk, red card rescinded.

Something tells me that simple logic like that won’t quite be the whole story when the suits get involved.

7 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

@NELLY 1  mentioned that the referee report will say exactly why Davidson was sent off.  

If the video evidence shows that the player did not commit the offence reported by the referee, then surely Cowden could submit the video evidence and it’s a slam dunk, red card rescinded.

Something tells me that simple logic like that won’t quite be the whole story when the suits get involved.

Money down the drain.