There was a coo

12 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Evening gents, the junction bar supporters club have a post up on our Facebook page as we are bonus balling a cracker of a signed top for £10 a number all money raised will go straight to the club!

Just saw the post. Absolute cracker that shirt one of my favourites 

Well folks I’m really looking forward to today’s game, despite not in any way being a fan of the B team’s being allowed in the league.

Hopefully more Cowden fans through the gate, in addition to some Rangers fans, which undoubtedly will benefit through the club.

Obviously going to be a difficult game, they are top of the league for a reason, and it’s because they can score for fun. We have conceded 32 goals, they have conceded 43.  Keep it tight and see if we can nick a goal, come on boys. 😀

Edited by Cowdenleith

5 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Well folks I’m really looking forward to today’s game, despite not in any way being a fan of the B team’s being allowed in the league.

Hopefully more Cowden fans through the gate, in addition to some Rangers fans, which undoubtedly will benefit through the club.

Obviously going to be a difficult game, they are top of the league for a reason, and it’s because they can score for fun. We have conceded 32 goals, they have conceded 43.  Keep it tight and see if we can nick a goal, come on boys. 😀

We just did.:bounce3

Today was unfortunate and I felt there was nothing between Cowden or Rangers B.

Goalkeeper made a mistake which could have been a different result had that not happened.

Didn't see the altercations as went in early before half time.

We are definitely improving and today was just unfortunate with a narrow defeat.

Edited by Cowden316

Didn't see the challenge for the stooshy today but saw the rangers CB charging down the pitch and knee as soon as he saw red we were going to get similar. 

Thought we were unlucky today with little between the two sides. Their number 7 was the difference maker and on another day we walk away with a result. 

Thanks to @Cowdenleithfor the teamsheet from the Edinburgh uni game. Nice wee thing to mark the day my daughter arrived. Also got her first scarf... If I wasn't given a chance there's no way she is PXL_20230211_172857551.thumb.jpg.d8c3fc45f4080d47f6a9855e9397fe90.jpg

The turning point of the game was the double sending off with the time added on allowing Rangers to get what proved to be the winner.

First half was quite good with us taking the lead and creating quite a few decent chances.

Rangers equaliser was disappointing Lovelace left on his own Farrell did well to save his shot but the ball fell to the other player to slot into an empty net.

Looked like a bit of a crunching tackle by Davo which started off the rammy.

A deffo yellow not sure about a red.

Don’t know what the Rangers boy was thinking about running about 40 yards and started swinging punches think he managed to get on target with Allie’s chin.

Second half was a bit of a damp squib with Rangers pretty much controlling things.

26 minutes ago, sailorcowden said:

Didn't see the challenge for the stooshy today but saw the rangers CB charging down the pitch and knee as soon as he saw red we were going to get similar. 

Thought we were unlucky today with little between the two sides. Their number 7 was the difference maker and on another day we walk away with a result. 

Thanks to @Cowdenleithfor the teamsheet from the Edinburgh uni game. Nice wee thing to mark the day my daughter arrived. Also got her first scarf... If I wasn't given a chance there's no way she is PXL_20230211_172857551.thumb.jpg.d8c3fc45f4080d47f6a9855e9397fe90.jpg

No problem at all, you’re very welcome. Aww lovely picture of the next generation of fan, and having a good wee nap too, bonus. 😀

I feel a wee bit deflated today, especially after taking the lead and having a good chance to go 2 up, then they equalised almost immediately after that.

Had a decent view of the sending off incident, thought it was a daft challenge by Davo, kind of pulled him back quite high about shoulder height. Don’t think it was a sending off though, just a yellow.  I didn’t see Davo getting involved after that he just walked away when the Rangers number 5 lost the plot.   He had to send off the Rangers player, but you just knew the ref would want to even it up and took the easy option.

The Rangers players are technically very good, but I thought they were quite cynical, knew when to go down, always getting the free kicks in their favour.

Bit disappointed in the second half response, one really good save from the Rangers keeper, and a couple of half chances, but maybe being unfair and it was just a well drilled Rangers team didn’t allow them the space to create.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

No problem at all, you’re very welcome. Aww lovely picture of the next generation of fan, and having a good wee nap too, bonus. 😀

I feel a wee bit deflated today, especially after taking the lead and having a good chance to go 2 up, then they equalised almost immediately after that.

Had a decent view of the sending off incident, thought it was a daft challenge by Davo, kind of pulled him back quite high about shoulder height. Don’t think it was a sending off though, just a yellow.  I didn’t see Davo getting involved after that he just walked away when the Rangers number 5 lost the plot.   He had to send off the Rangers player, but you just knew the ref would want to even it up and took the easy option.

The Rangers players are technically very good, but I thought they were quite cynical, knew when to go down, always getting the free kicks in their favour.

Bit disappointed in the second half response, one really good save from the Rangers keeper, and a couple of half chances, but maybe being unfair and it was just a well drilled Rangers team didn’t allow them the space to create.

I noticed as well the Rangers players are well trained in the art of going down to win a foul😀

As an aside, if you want any confirmation of the strength of the Rangers youth set up, take Connor Young who came on in something like the 88th minute as an example.

He was the top scorer in the entire under 18 league (which includes the old firm) for Hibs last year, and Rangers paid a fee to sign him in the summer, yet he has not been a regular starter in recent months for the b team.

I work beside Connor’s Mum and saw him a couple of times for Hibs youngsters at the Hibs Training centre last season, he’s a smashing player and a good lad, very dedicated to his football.  Just a shame at this stage of his career he should be playing every week, but I guess he knew there was no guarantees when he joined them.  

And Rangers have the luxury that they can just leave him on the bench most the time. 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Off the back of recent performances and the players signed up for next season I'd give the manager another year, he seems to have turned it around. 

Very interesting point and probably something a lot of us have been thinking about.

Would he want to stay again, given his supposed comments on a recent football podcast? I suppose he could have other offers on the table.

Also, it could depend on the budget and how much we are paying him, could we afford another season?  No idea what the costs involved for a manager at this level.

I wouldn’t be adverse to giving him another year if he wants to stay, get the feeling he thinks they are on the right track now, and maybe wants a crack at a full season where we start of on more of a level playing field with the rest of the teams in the league.

16 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

As an aside, if you want any confirmation of the strength of the Rangers youth set up, take Connor Young who came on in something like the 88th minute as an example.

He was the top scorer in the entire under 18 league (which includes the old firm) for Hibs last year, and Rangers paid a fee to sign him in the summer, yet he has not been a regular starter in recent months for the b team.

I work beside Connor’s Mum and saw him a couple of times for Hibs youngsters at the Hibs Training centre last season, he’s a smashing player and a good lad, very dedicated to his football.  Just a shame at this stage of his career he should be playing every week, but I guess he knew there was no guarantees when he joined them.  

And Rangers have the luxury that they can just leave him on the bench most the time. 🤷‍♂️

Believe Rangers paid £100k for him he may have been better staying with Hibs seems like a cracking young squad they have with a few on the verge of the first team.

Connor scored a good goal for them against us earlier in the season for their winner.

The boy Lovelace looks a really good player he just turned 17 a few weeks ago. He is the second youngest player to play in Millwall's first team - if he dosn't make it at Rangers he will somewhere.