There was a coo

1 hour ago, therewasacoo said:

Hopefully we can get something against them, we were unlucky when we played them in august and we are a lot better now so hopefully confidence from last couple games can help us but got a good feeling about it

We need to beat them to keep our ridiculously slim hopes of finishing top alive 😂.

A defeat and top of the league will be numerically out of reach (although, just to be a pedant,  it is almost certainly already numerically impossible, as the teams near the top still have to play each other and they can't all pick up no points).

8 hours ago, PELE said:

I see young Ryan One scored the winner for Hamilton tonight. Can we make a cheeky offer to Hamilton and get him on loan for next season (or now if it is permitted) 😀. I am sure Armand will put in a good word.

Maybe we already have?....  Ryan is a top player and is one of the best 16 year old players av seen at this level for years. He plays for their first team and in their squad regularly. Tall quick and athletic with good feet. I believe he will be another player who moves on to bigger things for sure.

Hamilton do have another couple of young lads coming through who are very good. Their youth system still producing.

Seen big armand recently. Still fondly remembers his time at cowden.

Shame to read about fozzy he hasn't been there long and went into a difficult job 

Fozzy wasn't that far off getting out the relegation zone and was unlucky to not come away with the 3 point's Vs Blackpool 

Managers these days don't get enough time and seems to be a high turnover these days.

Best of luck to him for the future 

36 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

Just seen this on twitter, must have been one of the last times we’ve played Celtic, game finished 5-1 loss but we took the lead to start with

Also only 3 pence for a programme, wonder how much that would be in comparison to todays money

42568229-10CA-48C8-88B0-1652E0F45607.jpeg

Very interesting you should post that as I had been meaning to post a question for any programme collectors about the 1970/71 season.

Not sure if it was ideal for Ask the Anorak 😀

I was thinking of trying to build a complete collection of that season, bearing in mind it was the 1st division season, print runs would be higher therefore easier to get most of them.

My questions were around any non issues from that season home or away? Was thinking the early season league cup matches?

Any issues that are rare and hard to come by (perhaps Clach away in the Scottish Cup if there was a programme)?

53 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Very interesting you should post that as I had been meaning to post a question for any programme collectors about the 1970/71 season.

Not sure if it was ideal for Ask the Anorak 😀

I was thinking of trying to build a complete collection of that season, bearing in mind it was the 1st division season, print runs would be higher therefore easier to get most of them.

My questions were around any non issues from that season home or away? Was thinking the early season league cup matches?

Any issues that are rare and hard to come by (perhaps Clach away in the Scottish Cup if there was a programme)?

Programmes were printed for all home league games apart from the last one against Rangers, no home LC issues although there was one for Airdrie in the SC.

Wasn't one at Clach not that i've ever found anyway.

You should get most on ebay or the Programme Shop in Albion Road.

1 hour ago, therewasacoo said:

Just seen this on twitter, must have been one of the last times we’ve played Celtic, game finished 5-1 loss but we took the lead to start with

Also only 3 pence for a programme, wonder how much that would be in comparison to todays money

42568229-10CA-48C8-88B0-1652E0F45607.jpeg

59p in today's money.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Programmes were printed for all home league games apart from the last one against Rangers, no home LC issues although there was one for Airdrie in the SC.

Wasn't one at Clach not that i've ever found anyway.

You should get most on ebay or the Programme Shop in Albion Road.

Thanks for the info, suspected you would be the man to ask 😀

I’ll just pick them up as and when though might be an idea to pop along to the programme shop and get a bunch in one go. I’ve never actually been in it despite it being about a mile from my house, I suppose I haven’t really collected for many many years until getting back into it quite recently.

My last memory of a programme shop was Alan Cunningham’s Football Crazy in Spittal Street (and his little office in Forth Street before that) which had amazing stock, and then he seemed to mysteriously disappear almost overnight. 😬

15 minutes ago, onecowden said:

I see on Facebook our postponed games have all been rescheduled. Celtic B on Saturday the 4th March. Good outcome that as Celtic not playing until the Sunday. Hopefully we will get a good turnout. 

Yes, saw the rearranged dates, only 1 midweek which is good.

And optimistic might be able to make Dalbeattie as it’s the start of the Easter school holidays and there should be no school football matches scheduled for that day (hopefully), yeehah. 

3 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

That’s brilliant of the Uni folk to supply that, picture quality is pretty decent for one of those Veo cameras.

I am that mysterious lone figure on the grass bank in the second half to the left of the flags, got bloody soaked but great view of the 4 goals. 

34 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Thanks for the info, suspected you would be the man to ask 😀

I’ll just pick them up as and when though might be an idea to pop along to the programme shop and get a bunch in one go. I’ve never actually been in it despite it being about a mile from my house, I suppose I haven’t really collected for many many years until getting back into it quite recently.

My last memory of a programme shop was Alan Cunningham’s Football Crazy in Spittal Street (and his little office in Forth Street before that) which had amazing stock, and then he seemed to mysteriously disappear almost overnight. 😬

I hadn't seen Alan for years until I sold him a programme against Partick he said "you used to buy programmes out my shop" , see him from time to time at various non league games a good guy.

34 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I hadn't seen Alan for years until I sold him a programme against Partick he said "you used to buy programmes out my shop" , see him from time to time at various non league games a good guy.

Good to hear he is still around, seemed a really nice guy and I thought it was pretty cool he was a Partick fan, I didn’t know any of them in Edinburgh. 😆