There was a coo

14 hours ago, Drifter said:

I think between now and the end of the season, with a number of players in place for the next campaign, it would be great for the team to start grinding out a few wins and build up a bit of confidence going into next season. Knowing how this league can be over for most teams after a month or so, confidence will be key at the start. Whilst this season might be lonf over as a contest, there's still plenty to play in terms of building that confidence, and a more cohesive unit, for next year. Here's hoping for an upturn in fortunes over the next few months. Mon the Coo!

That’s a good point, i agree that it’s important the players keep going this season, and try and get the club up the table. I think they will, a number are now signed for next season, and the team as a whole look like they are quite committed, certainly gave that impression after the last win over Stirling Uni, the players looked well pleased coming off the pitch.

Looking at the fixtures, there are plenty where I can see us picking up points, if the defence stays as tight as it has been so far.

We have the 3 home games against the B teams which will be hard, but still interesting to see how they do, but apart from them, taking points are not out the question in a lot of other matches.

And I’m still sore about how we managed to lose at Berwick, I want revenge for that. 🤨

For anyone not familiar with the Edinburgh area that the Uni ground is in,  you will approach either two ways.

Probably most Cowden fans will arrive from the west, past the big roundabout where Cameron Toll shopping centre is (plenty places there to grab a lunch).

Heading along Peffermill Road on the right hand side you will see the main Edinburgh Uni Peffermill playing fields, but don’t stop there, that’s a big complex with all the community astros and playing fields.  

Keep going a quarter mile, you will pass the Nairns oatcake factory on the right, then the little East Peffermill ground is just after that on the right hand side.  They have a small car park, but I will probably park on the road between the ground and the oatcake factory, it’s a wide stretch of road.

If approaching from the east/Niddrie side you will pass two big blocks of flats on your left, follow the road and the ground is just on your left after that.

Edited by Cowdenleith

16 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Going to take this one in looking forward to seeing the new signings, is the pitch 4G? Hopefully get the 3pts and climb that table its all about confidence for next season now and of course staying away from bottom of table

No it’s grass. 

I saw a stat on the Cowdenbeath preview on the website that filled me with dread - Edinburgh Uni have lost 17 league games in a row. 😬

I was hoping for a few goals today. So it’s nice to get 5 without reply. If we can finish the season strongly we can get some momentum into next season. Feeling a lot happier now with our squad. Well done I say. 

Edited by onecowden

Well that was worth the freezing cold and soaking wet😂 wind was terrible today boys dealt with it well, a real mature performance knocked it about well. New signings outstanding walker was my motm and big dan took his goal well. No disrespect to edin uni but can see why they are where they are in the league.

Despite the closeness to our house I was flying solo as after looking at the weather forecast my wife and daughter suddenly had other things to do. 😄

Well worth the soaking, with the strong wind it could have been a tricky match, but the lads adapted well and put in a professional performance. The Uni goalie had a couple of really good saves first half to keep it to 1 at half time.

Good to see the debutants both score, and Davo getting his first as well.

The Uni people were really nice, especially the folk in the tea bar.   Pie, bovril and traybake all down the hatch, just as well for my waistline don’t go there every week. 😬

Good performance should have been further ahead at the break but more successful in front of the goal in the second.

Uni are poor and lost 18 league games on the bounce but a potential banana skin over come.

Excellent debuts from the two new players.

Scott Walker my MOM.

It has been all too rare this season for us true Blue Brazil fans to wake up on a Sunday morning with that feelgood factor. While our defensive record is pretty good, goal scoring has been a major problem all season long. It was particularly pleasing to put five in the net without reply yesterday. When was the last time Cowden had a nap hand?

:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3

40 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

It has been all too rare this season for us true Blue Brazil fans to wake up on a Sunday morning with that feelgood factor. While our defensive record is pretty good, goal scoring has been a major problem all season long. It was particularly pleasing to put five in the net without reply yesterday. When was the last time Cowden had a nap hand?

:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3

Against Shire earlier this season.

29 minutes ago, PELE said:

With the Rangers 1st team not playing until next Sunday, maybe attract a bigger crowd for the match against the B's on Saturday.

Yeah I was thinking about that earlier when I saw the 1st team weren’t playing until Sunday.  Be good to give it a bit of a push and get Rangers to put it on their various social media channels.

Just hope it’s the nice ones that visit, I think they must have some. 😉

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah I was thinking about that earlier when I saw the 1st team weren’t playing until Sunday.  Be good to give it a bit of a push and get Rangers to put it on their various social media channels.

Just hope it’s the nice ones that visit, I think they must have some. 😉

They do but they have a lot of zoomers too.