There was a coo

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The cakes in the tea  room are amazing all home made. The lady who runs it is the mother of a former Edinburgh City player, can't remember his name.

I never knew we had a player called Mr Kipling.... :lol:

3 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Both scott walker and Dan are signed for next season yes. As was Andy black. 

Sugar daddy releases the purse strings to recruit for next season, don't know Scott but Dan was at Tranent a few years ago and was a top lad, two new tracksuits required at Cowden😉 

24 minutes ago, beachboy said:

Sugar daddy releases the purse strings to recruit for next season, don't know Scott but Dan was at Tranent a few years ago and was a top lad, two new tracksuits required at Cowden😉 

A couple of players out, a couple of players in, that’s how teams living within their means have to manage.

We can’t all take financial risks on a very good, but often injured player who should never be playing at this level at his age 😉

5 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Both scott walker and Dan are signed for next season yes. As was Andy black. 

Good to see that we are getting things started for next season. It was probably too much in the summer signing an entire new squad we should be better prepared for next season.

1 hour ago, beachboy said:

Swimming in money we wipe our arses with £50 notes.

The club has 9 signed players for next season which I would hope we can add too before the end of this season. Recruitment never stops really and the process of improving the squad short medium and long term continues. There is good processes in place now and targets already identified for next season should the budget allow and targets for if the budget is x y or z...

Never again should the club be in a position to sign 20 to 22 players with no processes in place. 

Building relationships with clubs currently for loans for next season  and beyond also.

Let's hope the team can get 3 points on Saturday and extend the recent positive results and performances.

1 hour ago, NELLY 1 said:

The club has 9 signed players for next season which I would hope we can add too before the end of this season. Recruitment never stops really and the process of improving the squad short medium and long term continues. There is good processes in place now and targets already identified for next season should the budget allow and targets for if the budget is x y or z...

Never again should the club be in a position to sign 20 to 22 players with no processes in place. 

Building relationships with clubs currently for loans for next season  and beyond also.

Let's hope the team can get 3 points on Saturday and extend the recent positive results and performances.

That’s good news that the nucleus of a team is already in place for next season.

The signings the club had to make last summer were borne out of necessity, probably a once in a generation event.

That must have been a nightmare scenario for all you guys involved with recruitment trying to piece together a side for those Premier Cup games, when trialists weren’t allowed.

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Big dan is a solid signing he’s the perfect player for sinky to play off of, well done all that was involved in the move

Big Watt + speedy Sinclair being a good pairing was the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard big Dan had moved to Cowdenbeath.  The big man isn't a prolific goalscorer based on his BU performances but he is a handful to play against and his holdup play is solid.   

13 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Big Watt + speedy Sinclair being a good pairing was the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard big Dan had moved to Cowdenbeath.  The big man isn't a prolific goalscorer based on his BU performances but he is a handful to play against and his holdup play is solid.   

Hopefully another Renton, I was so disappointed when he left. Sinclair spends so much of his time chasing lost causes, this could be exactly the type of player we need.

It's already looking good for next season and it's been a long time since we've had something to look forward to.

We'll done Cowden.

I think between now and the end of the season, with a number of players in place for the next campaign, it would be great for the team to start grinding out a few wins and build up a bit of confidence going into next season. Knowing how this league can be over for most teams after a month or so, confidence will be key at the start. Whilst this season might be lonf over as a contest, there's still plenty to play in terms of building that confidence, and a more cohesive unit, for next year. Here's hoping for an upturn in fortunes over the next few months. Mon the Coo!