There was a coo

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Carlos Lyon has joined Cheshunt of the National League South.

Our short term star from last season Sammy Ompreon is also in the same league, at Hungerford Town.  I keep an eye on him, he rarely gets a start, gets on a sub some games, such a waste, laddie should be a starter somewhere week in, week out.

4 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Our short term star from last season Sammy Ompreon is also in the same league, at Hungerford Town.  I keep an eye on him, he rarely gets a start, gets on a sub some games, such a waste, laddie should be a starter somewhere week in, week out.

Never kept track of Sammy thanks for that.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

He would bang the goals in at our level, but we probably can't afford him and he would need a job up here to keep himself busy and afford to live here.

3 hours ago, PELE said:

He would bang the goals in at our level, but we probably can't afford him and he would need a job up here to keep himself busy and afford to live here.

Yes, I suppose when he was here last year he was on a full time contract with Falkirk, and Cowden would have been paying some percentage of that.  
Like you say without a job up here impossible to live and play part time, he possibly lives with his parents down south so can manage playing for a part time team down there.

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

The inevitable has happened, St. Mirren recall Gilly. Gutted, best loan signing we have had for a few seasons.

Short of goals all season apart from Sinclair and Gilmartin. All the best to Gilly, he will be notably missed but I think he has a decent career ahead of him.

Yeah that is a right kick in the nuts this morning, suppose there is always that risk with loan players. Not a stretch to say our most consistent player this season.

Tweet from the club last night that there is some incoming player news to come…..

Edited by Cowdenleith

Looking forward to Saturday’s game against Edinburgh Uni at Peffermill, feels like an age since the last game.

Very local game for me, hopefully there should be a good Cowden support, fair chance we will outnumber the home fans, and I believe there is good cake available. 😆

Scott can play right back. Right wing back. Right of a back 3 as well as left side. Also could play midfield. He will be a big asset for the club. All about improving the squad with anyone coming in which I believe we have been doing. 

Striker is imminent but hopefully get over the line within next 24 hours.

Losing aiden is a blow but outwith clubs control. 

Andy black picked up a small niggle so will miss weekend game but hopefully back week after. Dean ritchie back in training after an illness also. Just to keep all fans updated. 

Cheers.

2 hours ago, therewasacoo said:

quite happy with the signing of Scott, by the sounds of things he will be a great player for us.

also happy with another striker coming in as gilmartin has been an asset for us this season and would’ve been a big blow to not have anyone to replace him

Watt from Bo’ness.

There is a tiny stand, but bearing in mind their micro crowds, should have no problem getting a seat if you want one.

It’s got a lovely outlook with Arthur’s Seat on one side, and further away the Pentlands hills in the opposite direction. 

The condition of Peffermill Road is shocking at the moment, as is much of Edinburgh, beware the potholes if driving. 😬

12 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Looking forward to Saturday’s game against Edinburgh Uni at Peffermill, feels like an age since the last game.

Very local game for me, hopefully there should be a good Cowden support, fair chance we will outnumber the home fans, and I believe there is good cake available. 😆

The cakes in the tea  room are amazing all home made. The lady who runs it is the mother of a former Edinburgh City player, can't remember his name.