There was a coo

1 minute ago, NELLY 1 said:

Young Ben is training with the club for extra experience and potentially one for the future. As we had a bounce game it was a good opportunity for him to get some minutes yesterday. The lad will continue to train but keep playing with his u18s team. Great attitude and composure for a young lad. 

Good to hear Nelly could be one for the future hopefully.

8 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Anybody incoming though? 🤔 

I don’t think LL clubs are bound by the transfer window though, if I remember previous chat correctly.

No transfer window for clubs out with the SPFL. Squad currently sits at 19 including one out on loan.

Edited by cowdenbeath

13 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

No transfer window for clubs out with the SPFL. Squad currently sits at 19 including one out on loan.

Not sure how that size of squad compares to others, but seems slightly on the light side, given there is usually an absence or three for one reason or another. If that is what the budget now allows, then so be it.

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Not sure how that size of squad compares to others, but seems slightly on the light side, given there is usually an absence or three for one reason or another. If that is what the budget now allows, then so be it.

I felt at onetime we had a top heavy squad been trimmed a bit now. I'm in 2 minds about adding at this stage its now a case of avoiding the bottom 2 maybe moving up a bit, maybe better keeping whatever we have for next season.

20 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

In the Premier Sports Cup, he was the bright spark in mass group of signings. But he faded away and mistakes became more prominent. 

Camelon is probably his level at Tier 7. We are slowly getting our squad numbers down by getting rid of all the bad eggs in the mass signing spree. 

A bit of a harsh assessment in my opinion.  Had a look back at the last programme, if you discount the Premier Sports Cup games, he only started 7 more games and with the exception of one of them, they were tight games, some one goal losses, a couple of narrow victories.

I thought he was better than you are giving him credit for, but all got our different opinions I suppose.

To clear up any confusion. The lad unfortunately was down the pecking order and there was no issue with the player the opposite actually he was a great lad and great trainer but at the club everyone wants to play and camelon offered a transfer fee for a player that wasn't going to play as many games as we/him would want. 

He didn't rub any1 up the wrong way or a bad egg etc. Club will continue to strive and improve the squad where possible.

21 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

To clear up any confusion. The lad unfortunately was down the pecking order and there was no issue with the player the opposite actually he was a great lad and great trainer but at the club everyone wants to play and camelon offered a transfer fee for a player that wasn't going to play as many games as we/him would want. 

He didn't rub any1 up the wrong way or a bad egg etc. Club will continue to strive and improve the squad where possible.

I can corroborate this Daniel is a great lad on and off the field and model professional well liked within the club by players and staff