There was a coo

On 02/01/2023 at 19:22, The_Pit_Owns said:

I could get on board with KFC for Christmas Dinner as well.

Ha, ha... I came to Japan after Christmas.  I have no idea why Japanese people eat KFC for Christmas anyway, as I do not.

On 02/01/2023 at 20:03, PELE said:

Is that Kohaku Kamaboko on the left? 

I worked for a Japanese company many moons ago and spent time in Fukushima. I liked the salmon and tuna sashimi, but not the wasabi. I have to confess, I ate McDonald's a few times in the centre of Fukushima, even though I never eat it in Scotland.

Yes, they are Kohaku Kamoboko.  McDonald's in Japan is much better than ones in Scotland.  Tasty and clean....

11 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

End of the season. 

We need to get rid now so the new manager has can prepare for next season. 

Yes, the performance against Tranent was encouraging but we've been here before with the win over East Kilbride. We need to consider his performance overall and it's not good enough. 

At least we aren't waking up to another "hard luck " story.

12 hours ago, Ginaro said:

...You won't go down, but if Brechin beat Bonnyrigg/Albion Rovers/Stranraer/Stenhousemuir then both Edinburgh Uni and Dalbeattie will be relegated...

Do we know for sure that Forfar opted for the Highland League? Has that ever been publicly announced?

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Do we know for sure that Forfar opted for the Highland League? Has that ever been publicly announced?

They don't get a choice. They are North of the Tay.

30 minutes ago, PELE said:

They don't get a choice. They are North of the Tay.

There is a choice now thanks to the introduction of B teams to the Lowland League. The SFA/SPFL were able to remove the fixed HL/LL boundary, as well as make changes to the minimum requirement of games played before declaring a champion.

SPFL2 clubs now declare where they go at the start of the season. There was meant to be no change so it didn't matter. Asked Forfar and the response was still opting for the Highland League.

28 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There is a choice now thanks to the introduction of B teams to the Lowland League. The SFA/SPFL were able to remove the fixed HL/LL boundary, as well as make changes to the minimum requirement of games played before declaring a champion.

SPFL2 clubs now declare where they go at the start of the season. There was meant to be no change so it didn't matter. Asked Forfar and the response was still opting for the Highland League.

Not surprised. I think the Highland League (at the moment anyway) is definitely an easier league to win.

14 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

End of the season. 

We need to get rid now so the new manager has can prepare for next season. 

Yes, the performance against Tranent was encouraging but we've been here before with the win over East Kilbride. We need to consider his performance overall and it's not good enough. 

I agree. The players need someone more uplifting. Finish the season on a high and take that straight into the next campaign.

Time is not on his side. Don't believe he will have many options either after departing the miners.

Some victories this January wouldn't go a miss.

6 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Time is not on his side. Don't believe he will have many options either after departing the miners. 

Maurice doesn't seem to think so. He said in an interview with a Rangers podcast/vlog that this level was beneath him and he'll be back at his level soon. 

2 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

How long have we signed Scott Sinclair up for, he seems to be getting better every game and while he isn't yet a goal machine his hold up play, touch and distribution is excellent, wonder if he'd be a better midfielder than striker at this level.

Pretty sure he was 18 months. 

2 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

How long have we signed Scott Sinclair up for, he seems to be getting better every game and while he isn't yet a goal machine his hold up play, touch and distribution is excellent, wonder if he'd be a better midfielder than striker at this level.

Sure he was on a 2 year deal.

13 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Scott signed an 18 month deal when we signed him.  Just a reminder there is a meeting tomorrow at Central Park 7pm for all fans to attend. Cheers.

4 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Scott signed an 18 month deal when we signed him.  Just a reminder there is a meeting tomorrow at Central Park 7pm for all fans to attend. Cheers.

Can’t make it over sadly tomorrow, sure not the only one.

Be good if someone could post a wee summary of any more important points in the following days, just a quick update for those that can’t make it.

I think there might have been an update of some sort either on here or in the subsequent match programme after the previous meeting, can’t quite remember. 🤔

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Can’t make it over sadly tomorrow, sure not the only one.

Be good if someone could post a wee summary of any more important points in the following days, just a quick update for those that can’t make it.

I think there might have been an update of some sort either on here or in the subsequent match programme after the previous meeting, can’t quite remember. 🤔

David had a summary of the last meeting in the programme.

1 hour ago, monthecoo said:

Really need a win in these next two home games. Anything less than 3 points out of 6 will be extremely concerning.

You should always be looking to win at home.

Stirling Uni will be tough not sure about Hearts B although they have been on a decent run recently.

After that it’s Edinburgh Uni away a game we should really be looking to take 3 points.